More Groups Wanting To Fire The TWU

$90K to Lee Seham for representing the new NAAP? Seems like it isn't the Int'l that is getting rich of TWU members dues money. Didn't 567 and 591 pay money to Seham as well to represent them? Why would Seham want the TWU members to be successful going to AMFA. He is getting rich of just keeping the internal discontent going at AA?

Noticing a pattern, BK lawyers got rich employees got nothing. Union raids, lawyers get rich and employees get the shaft (NWA, UA, & AS). Maybe we should get rid of the lawyers (including sh*thouse lawyers) and the unions? Nah...

AANOTOK said:
I'll go with the 1/8/15 date if that's ok with you 700!

He means the issue with those Locals. It was subject matter when it was going on. This article is from today, but the issues reported are from last summer. I guess they decided to let the newspaper know what's happening because the NAAP guys can't talk since there is a lawsuit and that is a convenient way to only give part of the story.

Overspeed said:
$90K to Lee Seham for representing the new NAAP? Seems like it isn't the Int'l that is getting rich of TWU members dues money. Didn't 567 and 591 pay money to Seham as well to represent them? Why would Seham want the TWU members to be successful going to AMFA. He is getting rich of just keeping the internal discontent going at AA?

Noticing a pattern, BK lawyers got rich employees got nothing. Union raids, lawyers get rich and employees get the shaft (NWA, UA, & AS). Maybe we should get rid of the lawyers (including sh*thouse lawyers) and the unions? Nah...
I don't think its the lawyers keeping the internal discontent, I believe it's the lack of representation going on here at AA for the mechanics.

I do agree about the s***house lawyers. It seems the guys that know the least talk the most.

It's funny how the NMB, AA, the IBT, IAM, and AFL-CIO, want to keep the TWU in at AA, but the actual members want the TWU gone.

But yet the members have failed for the past 20 years to accomplish that feat.

Duke787 said:
It's funny how the NMB, AA, the IBT, IAM, and AFL-CIO, want to keep the TWU in at AA, but the actual members want the TWU gone.
The members you speak of are mostly in TUL.

I knew most of you would not get the main topic.  Keep those blinders on folks.  Your mess has absolutely nothing to do with me.  It just pains me to watch you guys continue this pathetic representation by the TWU and soon to be the association.  You guys really will get what you deserve in the long run if you keep the TWU and allow this association to go thru...

NYer said:
He means the issue with those Locals. It was subject matter when it was going on. This article is from today, but the issues reported are from last summer. I guess they decided to let the newspaper know what's happening because the NAAP guys can't talk since there is a lawsuit and that is a convenient way to only give part of the story.
That's exactly right. Old news.

But if the NMB lets us vote, the TWU is gone!

The timing seemed awful going into negotiations. A new union potentially broke when it is time to negotiate an industry leading contract. It would have been great to show a unified front and expand conversation for scope issues. Hopefully we still can. 

Back