30 day suspensions for pilots delaying flights?

Who is to decide if YOU are causing a delay? Just GO BY THE BOOK !!! I noticed Aircraft 511 was out of service because of * 15 * write ups by the crew. An aircraft with this much wrong with it Should not be Flying.....

Who is to decide if YOU are causing a delay? Just GO BY THE BOOK !!! I noticed Aircraft 511 was out of service because of * 15 * write ups by the crew. An aircraft with this much wrong with it Should not be Flying.....

Those 15 items would need to be elaborated on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not true that there are items that can be INOP, yet still not affect the MEL and be deferred? Let's hear those 15 items before we go off a handle saying that 15 write-ups means the plane should not fly.

Those 15 items would need to be elaborated on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not true that there are items that can be INOP, yet still not affect the MEL and be deferred? Let's hear those 15 items before we go off a handle saying that 15 write-ups means the plane should not fly.
The RGO* shoulded the aircraft out of service at of 1100 yesterday and not returning to service until 300pm today. I would think they were a little more then a Tray Table inop or coffee maker inop.

I wish I could get 30 days off...I would run right down to the unemployment office, then go and get my boat out of storage. Actually, I wish they would furlough me, I've had enough! To preempt the "why don't you quit" crowd, no I want my unemployment.

I wish I could get 30 days off...I would run right down to the unemployment office, then go and get my boat out of storage. Actually, I wish they would furlough me, I've had enough! To preempt the "why don't you quit" crowd, no I want my unemployment.

Hahaha... You're funny!!!! No really, REALLY!!!! :up:

Good Luck Man! :D

GL

Hate to break it to you, but if you are on a 30-day disciplinary suspension, you are not unemployed. Therefore you would not qualify for unemployment insurance payments. Only if you are terminated or furloughed, are you eligible. And, if you are terminated for cause, you still might be ineligible. :(

However, back to the thread topic, I would like to know how in the heck they could prove you were deliberately delaying the flight? I mean in such a way that was so egregious that they could make a 30-day suspension stick? (And, if you are that obvious with your slowdown maneuver, you deserve to be suspended. :lol: )