332 Seating Configuration ?

zethya

Veteran
Mar 23, 2006
Does anyone know what the planned (or ordered) seating configuration of the to be delivered (2009) 330-200s is and what seat type is expected to be used for Envoy (e.g., new flat bed, a (new) UA type Business class Suite, same as US 330-300, same as US 767, etc..).
PLEASE - only serious responses.

The 2 used 330's slated for China got cancelled. The order for 17 ( I think) NEW 330's is still on.

No idea about config though.

The 2 used 330's slated for China got cancelled. The order for 17 ( I think) NEW 330's is still on.

PHL-China Flights will be use with Auxillary Fuel Tanks on each wing of a Dehavilland DHC-8. Goal is only 4 Fuel stops ad there is an Ski-attachment for one of the fuel stops. Again US Management no planning properly, what about Global Warming, thus would need pontoons instead of skis. :cold: :cold:

Does anyone know what the planned (or ordered) seating configuration of the to be delivered (2009) 330-200s is

My guess would be that the space from 1L to 2L will be Envoy which would allow for about 24 seats with a 60-65 inch pitch. As for the back, who knows?? -- a conservative guess would prob be around 215.

and what seat type is expected to be used for Envoy

I thought I recall from reading in AboutUS or hearing on Crew News/State of the Airline that they were going to have a new seat for the A332; however, I can't seem to locate where I heard this --- can anyone confirm or deny this?

It's actually 15 A332s now that the two leased ones were canceled.

One is coming in May. Hence, TLV in 09

Latest I've heard is 2 in Q2, 1 in Q3 and 2 in Q4. TLV would require more than 1 aircraft, so if they do start TLV, I think it'll be towards the end of 2009 since the first few will likely be used for seasonal European services (like ATH or DME, possibly)

On another note:
PHL-China Flights will be use with Auxillary Fuel Tanks on each wing of a Dehavilland DHC-8. Goal is only 4 Fuel stops

Am I the only one who thinks this horse has been beaten to death?

20 and 238
Seat selection and configuration are not the same as the current A33os or B767s.

Well you have to understand the price of everything value of nothing mentality residing in said Castle of Sand.

US only looks at the cost side of ANY transaction (except IT as there is no way SHARES has come in cheaper than SABRE)

They have never and will never understand the concept of delivering value. Heck even Wal-Mart delivers some value in that they offer tons of products at a reasonable price with very little smoke and mirrors and they are often the closet retailer in rural areas.

US loathes Frequent Flyers or those who have the cold hard cash to plunk down 10K for International First or Business. Oh they want that money but they don't want to lift a finger to earn it.

It is a way of life in Tempe. Without divulging to much, when it came to buying new Printers and Copiers you can be sure that they Did Not buy from Xerox or Canon the 2 most expensive and oddly enough the manufacturers with the largest market share. Instead they went with a company that was the cheapest and holds the market share position right above "Other" coming in at around 1+ percent of the USA marketplace. What they failed to assess is the fact that a copier is more than a copier now as it can be networked and in effect is really an information hub that allows a user the ability to back and forth from Electronic to paper documents and alot more.

You take a 13 billion company like US and just look at the FedEx bill and I'll bet you there is plenty of $$$ to be saved IF they had invested in the types of Office Equipment that would allow those documents to be sent electronically.

This one example shows just how high the cost ofcheap can really be.

Anyone want to bet on the number of Envoy Seats on the new birds?

My guess is 18

Again:
20 Envoy 238 Y
Seat selection and configuration are not the same as the current A330s or B767s.

Again:
20 Envoy 238 Y
Seat selection and configuration are not the same as the current A330s or B767s.

Are you sure about this. 20 Envoy would be 4 rows of 5. Usually on an A330 it's 6 across. So it is either 18 or 24 Envoy seats. Unless they are converting to the herringbone configuration most other international carriers are moving to (don't laugh at the reference to other international carriers or pummel me for the reference I'm not suggesting US is an int'l carrier)

Latest posts