5 E190's are coming home!

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
I don't remember seeing this in the US earning announcement anywhere, but the following is buried in the Republic Airways Holdings quarterly earning press release under thr recent business development section:

"On July 25, 2012, the Company reached an agreement in principle to sell five E190 aircraft to US Airways. The sale of the aircraft is subject to final documentation. If completed, the first two aircraft would be scheduled for delivery in the fourth quarter of 2012, with the remaining three to be delivered in early 2013."

I know these 5 airplanes don't count towards the minimum fleet count, but it's good to know there's some minor expansion of mainline flying coming, or it could be just backfill with the final East 300's being retired by year end.

I also wonder if these 5 airplanes were part of the original US order that was sold to Republic or they were new-built for Frontier.

Actually, the Republic E190's aren't coming home since Republic acquired them from Embraer new. It was E170's that US sold Republic in BK2 and those will stay at Republic.

Jim

I thought we sold some E190's to Republic back around 2008? Something about the E190's not being part of the minimum fleet requirements.

Actually, the Republic E190's aren't coming home since Republic acquired them from Embraer new. It was E170's that US sold Republic in BK2 and those will stay at Republic.

Jim

That's not correct Jim. I believe that US sold 10 of the 190's to Repulic a few years ago. They were used to do flying for Frontier I believe.

Jim

Jim, LCC sold 10 E-190s to Republic a few years back. 5 of them are coming back home. I believe you're thinking about the Mid Atlantic E-170 sold to Republic about 5 years ago.

Getting excited about a regional jet returning to a mainline fleet is hardly something to celebrate "coming home". The first officer's pay qualifies them for food stamps. At least the 190 is not part of the minimum fleet count otherwise we would see five more mainline jets parked.

Sound like a good deal for Republic. Republic gets rid of the old E190 and gets the deliveries it has coming. E190 and E195 coming with training and maintenance being apart of the deal.

These may be used for a good portion of the Shuttle flights. I know that a good portion of the PHL-BOS flying has been done with them, as well as some longer legs to IAH & DFW. I recently flew on one, and it wasn't all that bad with the 2x2 seating.
Either way, if they are Mainline A/C, it's good news..

And USAirways bought 5 E190 from Republic 4 years later
What’s up with that?

I heard the AA proposal Term Sheet stipulates that the E190 AND 195 would count toward the min fleet. This true? Ramifications?

Back