5 E190's are coming home!

I stand corrected on these E190's not coming home - I must have been playing hookey when they were sold to Republiic.

At the risk of being wrong again, I believe Republic is the only U.S. based regional operator that flies the 190 since Frontier is the only mainline carrier whose scope allows planes with that much capacity. USX doesn't operate any for US, US and B6 fly them as mainline, and with enough FC seats AA may be able to operate them as express depending on the final agreement with the APA but it would take enough FC seats to reduce total capacity to 88.
If the APA ratifies the TA, then the 190/195 will be mainline (Group 1) at AA. If AA imposes the April demand (term sheet), then the 190 could, as you pointed out, be flown at Eagle/express if the total seats were 88 or fewer. 88 shouldn't be a problem if it's configured with four rows of F (12 seats).

As an aside, jetBlue's top FO rate on the 190 of $100/hr is a dollar less than the US Captain rate of $101. From my perspective, that's a lot of nose cutting and face spiting. Letting emotions rule can be very costly.

Getting excited about a regional jet returning to a mainline fleet is hardly something to celebrate "coming home". The first officer's pay qualifies them for food stamps. At least the 190 is not part of the minimum fleet count otherwise we would see five more mainline jets parked.

Well, some can get excited. One of my fellow crew members has a son who has just finished his first year as a pilot on mainline. He is already about 300 numbers from the left seat of an E190. Five more E190's, and the opening of the retirement floodgates, the East will be looking at 2-year captains soon.

Who said they didn't? Staggering fuel costs, yearly loss close to 1B, but I'm sure you know all from the outside.

A quick look on the employee travel link on Wings will likely show that the 319 is the exception on the Shuttle these days. I saw a 319 at the gate in BOS headed to LGA and mentioned it to the gate agent. She said that particular hour was the only 319 to LGA all day. This was a weekday.

Back