5 E190's are coming home!

Sure would like to know original price and sell price and repurchase price and all deals that were made thru out the transactions

Listen to the earnings call. US said it is assuming the financing on the planes, which I took to mean US is assuming the leases on the planes.

The EMB-190s are not regional jets. Remember the USAir fleet back in the day had planes smaller than the 190s that were flown by mainline.

The F28. Use whatever definition you want. What other major airline flys the 190? Nobody. They are all flown by regional jet airlines. The 190 only has the capability to fly short range trips, just like the F28.

The F28. Use whatever definition you want. What other major airline flys the 190? Nobody. They are all flown by regional jet airlines. The 190 only has the capability to fly short range trips, just like the F28.

The EMB-190 can fly 1,800 to 2,402 mi, depending on the specific EMB-190 model. This is hardly short range.

JetBlue flys the 190....

The 190 is nothing like the F28. I've flown them both. I've flown the 190 4:15 block to block PHL-PUJ with a full load and an alternate. It is even more capable than the F100.

Which regional jet airline(s) fly the 190? Several fly the 170, but I can't think of any off the top of my head who fly the 190.

I stand corrected on these E190's not coming home - I must have been playing hookey when they were sold to Republiic.

At the risk of being wrong again, I believe Republic is the only U.S. based regional operator that flies the 190 since Frontier is the only mainline carrier whose scope allows planes with that much capacity. USX doesn't operate any for US, US and B6 fly them as mainline, and with enough FC seats AA may be able to operate them as express depending on the final agreement with the APA but it would take enough FC seats to reduce total capacity to 88.

Jim

The 190 is nothing like the F28. I've flown them both. I've flown the 190 4:15 block to block PHL-PUJ with a full load and an alternate. It is even more capable than the F100.

Do you feel like your paid to fly a capable jet on the 15th and 30th?

My point was why would any AAA pilot defend the 190 on this property. Captains are paid like first officers and everybody makes more than the first officer.

Republic and Compass are 190 regional express operators for the big three in the US.

When its all said and done, I don't think that you AA guys will have much of a say....
And I mean that as a standalone carrier as well.

Republic and Compass are 190 regional express operators for the big three in the US.

Where did you get this? First, Compass does not fly 190's. They only have 170/175's.

I believe Republic is the only regional carrier that operates the 190, however, those aircraft are not flown for any major airline. They are used for their Frontier operation.

Where did you get this? First, Compass does not fly 190's. They only have 170/175's.

I made a mistake on Compass.

My comments have missed the point. If you have any experience in the E170/175/190/195 you know from a pilot perspective the cockpit is small, uncomfortable, then add a jumpseat rider. The plane in my typed rated opinion has no business being in the air over two hours, from a pilot comfort perspective. The AAA pilots should not care if they are "coming home" for what we get paid to fly it.

Do you feel like your paid to fly a capable jet on the 15th and 30th?

My point was why would any AAA pilot defend the 190 on this property. Captains are paid like first officers and everybody makes more than the first officer.

Well, you didn't make your point very well.

What I was paid has nothing to do with the capabilities of the aircraft. I think the pay rate is an abomination, but our group wanted the airplane on the mainline. Raising the pay needs to be a top priority as it a capable airplane and can replace a lot of flying that we do now. It is really sad that I made more as a F28 captain in 1993 than I did as a E190 capt a couple of years ago.

I didn't like flying the airplane. What you say about the cockpit is true, but it's pretty comfortable in the back. I'm not excited about it coming back, I'd rather see more Airbus.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

I didn't like flying the airplane. What you say about the cockpit is true, but it's pretty comfortable in the back. I'm not excited about it coming back, I'd rather see more Airbus.
[/background]

Don’t forget the napkins in the air vents in the cockpit

Back