500 Pit Mech Job May Come Back

Mr. Schifano believes the IAM contract will supersede the Teamsters contract because US Airways is the surviving company.

He should know that the old US Airways is not the surviving company. It is a New company using the old US Airways name.

"It wouldn't necessarily have to be in Pittsburgh."

"The new company said they would honor the contract," Mr. Freiberger said, but, "they didn't like it. They were really upset."
just wait and see what they have planned.... :(
The provisions of that single contract, Mr. Bertolini said, are still "to be determined, including the amount of work and how it is done. We need to see what the new all-encompassing contract looks like before we can answer this type of question definitively."
see above comment.... :eek:

The National Mediation Board will determine which union represents all US Airways workers.

the fix is in...kiss it goodbye. ;)

its going,going ,gone

PineyBob said:
So far all I see is NOTHING!

Nothing Concrete whatsoever, no one right now can say for certain who will represent the mechanics.

The combined company is mostly Am West in the executuve suite.

Sounds like a self serving attempt by IAM to justify its existance to me. Want to bet on the outcome? I'll take the Airbus work stays outsourced and the points
[post="309739"][/post]​

you are a bunch of fools if you think work will be in house more of it will be outsourced, air canada did give up all that money for nothing, and its not going to matter whether it IAM, IBT or some judge that mad a promiseits a going bye bye

Typical IAM propaganda. I guess if you have been in this business awhile you should know better. I think it is wrong to get people's hope high on new work in house.

When you have the same smucks running maintenance there in PIT why would you want to come back? Then consider the poor wages I feel you would have to be a sad excuse for a person to subject yourself to that for some chump change.

The IAM I feel is a joke. They have done nothing for no one but their selves. If you have not learned your lesson on Bill and Frank them you are a moron that deserves everything you get.

pitguy said:
When you have the same smucks running maintenance there in PIT why would you want to come back? Then consider the poor wages I feel you would have to be a sad excuse for a person to subject yourself to that for some chump change.

The IAM I feel is a joke. They have done nothing for no one but their selves. If you have not learned your lesson on Bill and Frank them you are a moron that deserves everything you get.
[post="309747"][/post]​

I totally agree...Bill is laughable all around and Frank although a nice friendly guy is out of his league and should have never taken that position.

I know a few mechanics still hanging on. They want one thing, to find a better job removing themselves from the poor wages and benefits and the terrible hours and days off with the never ending uncertainty. Several told me they wished they had less seniority as it is actually punishing them because they really can't justify quitting given their responsibilities.

El Salvador likes Doug and party. All the posters on here saying how great he is are in need of counseling. They are ignoring the very big and first clue that he loves to outsource. He loves to fatten his pocket book and hurting labor is not even considered, it just doesn't matter to those people. Yet we have people posting on here jumping up and down in glee believing Doug will save them, it’s pathetic and really sad to watch.

Unless labor embraces third world labor giving them hugs and kisses welcoming them into their family, this airline is a ticking time bomb that will explode with a few executives getting very rich by the bang.

Basically you saw the company mouth piece (not Frank and Bill) doing the OLE!!

The Frank and Bill show are saying "Oh yes, we are the surviving company (wrong), our contract will be the one, (wrong) Look what we did, us, me, us".

Its typical crap from the IAM.... Nothing new.

US was paying MAE 250k for an 2 check. So do the math.

If US brings back 500 techs at current book rates you are talking someplace in the neighborhood of 26 million dollars.. Thats some serious money on the cost side and that does not include benefits..

What exactly are they going to do with 500 techs? Especially in PIT. With hangars 1 & 2 out of the picture that leaves you with Hangar 5 which can take 3 Airbus's. Hangars 3 and 4 can not handle the Airbus for an S check..

So what exactly are Bill and Frank talking about.. Oh, I know, the multi-million dollar hangar complex that has been sitting on the back buner..

No friggin way.. Fat chance in hell they will bring in any work and the word you have will be lost...

700UW said:
See the IAM is good for something.
[post="309727"][/post]​

This statement reads like you are trying to convince yourself as much as others on this board.

the 500 mech's everyone is ballyhooing over are to replace people who have left the company for better more secure positions.so don't count your chickens before they hatch IAM. you should know that. :down:

The IAM Scope language has been tested and won by the IAM, once the NMB declares single carrier status the work has to come in-house and the US must sit down with the IAM to intergrate the HP mechanics and planes.

PITMTC said:
This statement reads like you are trying to convince yourself as much as others on this board.
[post="309770"][/post]​
Take it easy on him...he is shell shocked and still reeling wondering what planet he's on.

Go read the ten commandments .

People can't even admit something positive.

I guess one manager does not want more people to work in the PIT hangar as he might actually have to work.

700UW said:
The IAM Scope language has been tested and won by the IAM, once the NMB declares single carrier status the work has to come in-house and the US must sit down with the IAM to intergrate the HP mechanics and planes.
[post="309773"][/post]​

Putting all the BS aside..

Lets put the one simple question out there..

How do you know the IAM will be the winning union?

The answer is you Don't.. You have no way of knowing which way the NMB is going to rule.

Take this to the bank. The new US Airways will fight to the death to allow the HP contract with the IBT to be the surviving document. Yes the IAM might just win however that does not mean the IAM contract will be the winner..

There is no "for sure" and you can bet every dollar you have that DP and the rest of the gang in PHX are working on this problem right now.. They have no intention of bringing back anyone to do anywork.. All you have to do is read the company press release concerning this issue.. "NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE"..

If DP was all kissy face with Frank and Bill (the idiot patrol) the company would agree.. The company would not go out in public and say "Ah yeah it might say they got the work but we don't think we are going to bother listening to them".

Read what the company said.. They said NO.. It does not matter if the waters have been tested.. DP does not care.. He's looking at cost.. Cost alone..

The press release puts the technician staff someplace close to 3500.. I think this is a bit high but regardless it puts US at 10 techs per aircraft.. Even if the combined number is somewhere around 2500 you are looking at a little over 7 per aircraft. Still double the LCC's..

What is Southwest? About 1800 for 430 aircraft. JetBlue, 245 for 85 aircraft, AirTran about 400 for 97 aircraft. The real LCC's are down around 4 techs per aircraft..

WAKE UP.. Its all about the numbers..

DO THE MATH GUY..

Back