500 Pit Mech Job May Come Back

nycbusdriver said:
I think the jobs will return to PIT right after Doug Parker renews leases on office space in Arlington, VA for the move of HQ back to Crystal City.
[post="310626"][/post]​
HQ is already in Crystal City. When they moved (1997?) into their new building in Tempe it is known as the crystal palace.

nycbusdriver said:
I think the jobs will return to PIT right after Doug Parker renews leases on office space in Arlington, VA for the move of HQ back to Crystal City.
[post="310626"][/post]​

Crystal City is in its last months the lease expires in spring and Tempe is not extending it. They are already spending money in moving everything to Arizona. Arlington will soon be gone and probably winston/salem in the near future. The trend is to have all central functions in Arizona, so the PIT OCC will be gone in the future too.

flyingcat said:
Crystal City is in its last months the lease expires in spring and Tempe is not extending it. They are already spending money in moving everything to Arizona. Arlington will soon be gone and probably winston/salem in the near future. The trend is to have all central functions in Arizona, so the PIT OCC will be gone in the future too.
[post="310853"][/post]​
yall got any hangars out there to do airbus maintenance or ya keep them up north across the border, ACE?? ;)

Actually their Airbus maintenance hangar is in San Salvador, at TACA's facility.

With all your furloughed IAM brothers / sisters why is USAIRWAYS posting for outside techs

http://www.usairways.com/employment/jobs/m...ce_tech_phl.htm

Title: Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Reference Number:
Department: Maintenance

Minimum Qualifications
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent certification, and valid Airframe and Powerplant License. Possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License and be able to lift 50 pounds. Ability to work any shift in a 24hr operation including, holidays, weekends, and overtime.

Preferred Qualifications
Two years experience on commercial aircraft and previous Line Maintenance experience preferred.

Duties
Be responsible for all facets of preventative maintenance and repair while maintaining aircraft in an airworthy condition. Duties include routine and non-routine maintenance on aircraft using approved documentation. Aircraft log book review and correction of discrepancies entered. Ability to read, understand and use technical publications, including Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Structural Repair Manual, or any other approved publications, such as wiring diagrams while performing work on aircraft will be essential. Follow procedures set forth in the Maintenance Policy and Procedures Manual (MPP) and maintain facilities/equipment as directed by the leadership team. Be able to operate lift trucks, fork lift, boom lift, and tractor after attending training.

To Apply
Resumes must present all information relevant to the requested qualifications and must be received by the closing date indicated to be considered. US Airways is an equal opportunity employer.

Submit your application and resume

Back to Career Opportunities main page

Copyright © 2005, US Airways, Inc.

Because they don't want to work in PHL. Is that too hard to figure out?

NeedForSpeed said:
Damn....I actually have to agree with you here, 700..... :shock:
[post="311077"][/post]​

Yep, I have to agree to.. No one wants to work in BOS, PHL, LGA, DCA. Low Wages, Midnight shift, no weekends.. Its a great deal for someone just out of A & P school. Oh wait, they would hire in at what, $13 and hour.. Makes it even less attractive.

You can't get laid off people to go there for $24 and hour..

And the hangars in San Salvadore, thats where TACA has its work done but I thought the facility was private.. Aeroman if I remember correctly.

delldude said:
yall got any hangars out there to do airbus maintenance or ya keep them up north across the border, ACE?? ;)
[post="310860"][/post]​

:up: WE have a 4bay hanger with room to expand two more bays we ran c-check lines here before.

Back