514 YouTube message

iluvaa

Veteran
Mar 22, 2007
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lDpwmE6j58w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlDpwmE6j58w%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

They called this mechanic to mechanic, haha

I love the part about 1:07 into it, the member claims all heavy maintenance is still done in house!!!

Not conclusive, but interesting: the TWU from TUL has called out Ken for taking contributions for the Charles Taylor award from aviation business interests but put out a video calling all the TWU Faithfull Home, but, have the balls to include longtime industry insiders and hardcore IAM insiders:

[font="Times New Roman""]1) Mont Smith[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mont-smith/4/745/761[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]Director, Safety: Airlines for America[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]August 2004– December 2012 (8 years 5 months)Airlines for America (formerly Air Transport Association)…Provides flight, ramp, maintenance, cabin, & industrial safety support to 11 major U.S. air carriers representing 85% of the U.S. commercial airline sector…”[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]2) John Goglia[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-106shrg78127/html/CHRG-106shrg78127.htm[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""] Represented IAMAW on the Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee and [/font]
[font="Times New Roman""]Subcommittees. Served as IAMAW principal liaison officer with the FAA, [/font]
[font="Times New Roman""]NTSB, DOT and other Executive Branch Agencies as well as liaison for [/font]
[font="Times New Roman""]IAMAW Congressional aviation issues. Served as IAMAW/USAir principal [/font]
[font="Times New Roman""]enforcement/safety representative for investigating, preparing and [/font]
[font="Times New Roman""]presenting defenses to enforcement actions and serving as team [/font]
[font="Times New Roman""]coordinator of aircraft accident investigations.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""] [/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]1966-1995--USAir, Logan International Airport, Boston, Massachusetts[/font]

[font="Times New Roman""] Lead Line Maintenance, 1988-1990--Responsible for managing a line [/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]maintenance crew of twelve mechanics, including all work performed on [/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]engines, avionics and airframe. Responsible for work performance, [/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]quality control, maintenance record-keeping and aircraft flight [/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]certification. Assigned temporarily to manage the integration of PSA [/font]

[font="Times New Roman""]airline maintenance personnel into USAir maintenance.[/font]

Man I had to stop this 1 minute into it, almost puked on my phone. Come out to the line and make this video mechanic to mechanic. Lets see if they get the same result. What a bunch of out of touch with reality dumb a$$es!!

We all know that a new union isn't a savior, no one has said it will be, We just want to get rid of these non accountable stooges and this Totally Worthless Union and have a union that represents our profession and craft.

Go Amfa!!

This is the problem. Lots of people in Tulsa who feel this way. They go to the hall and get their free soda and popcorn and believe all the crap that is fed to them from the international wannabes. I know some of the guys in this video and they are good guys. I have worked with three of them in the hangar. I just don't understand it. These guys I know are intelligent and I am just at a loss as to how these guys can think this way. They have seen their pay and benefits go out the window. They see fork lift drivers with better benefits than they have. Yet they still claim the TWU is looking out for them. Jim, Jay. Brad....... Please think about this. Does a stock clerk deserve more vacation than you? Do fleet service and stores deserve longevity pay and not you? Do they deserve to get 100% sick time when you don't? Skill pay for driving a fork lift but lose your license pay when you get bumped to OSM? And you say the TWU is looking out for you? Seems to me they are looking out for everyone but you. Again. These are not stupid guys. I am wondering what they are drinking though. The TWU has declaired war against every employee who holds an A&P license and welders and machinists.

This is the problem. Lots of people in Tulsa who feel this way. They go to the hall and get their free soda and popcorn and believe all the crap that is fed to them from the international wannabes. I know some of the guys in this video and they are good guys. I have worked with three of them in the hangar. I just don't understand it. These guys I know are intelligent and I am just at a loss as to how these guys can think this way. They have seen their pay and benefits go out the window. They see fork lift drivers with better benefits than they have. Yet they still claim the TWU is looking out for them. Jim, Jay. Brad....... Please think about this. Does a stock clerk deserve more vacation than you? Do fleet service and stores deserve longevity pay and not you? Do they deserve to get 100% sick time when you don't? Skill pay for driving a fork lift but lose your license pay when you get bumped to OSM? And you say the TWU is looking out for you? Seems to me they are looking out for everyone but you. Again. These are not stupid guys. I am wondering what they are drinking though. The TWU has declaired war against every employee who holds an A&P license and welders and machinists.

I know what you're talking about. I encountered the same in H5. Unbelievable.
They only know one diet...........steady doses of stroking, misinformation and flat out lies that they willingly swallow without question.
I believe it's called naivete & gullible. Jeezzzus people....

I gotta go find these guys and talk to them. I want to ask them some questions. Come on guys. We are second class citizens in our own union.

Hey, where are the airplanes these guys work on? What an embarrassment, the TWU shoots a video about how they represent their members in the Local 514 sign shop. I am hearing the the TWU and AA flew in a bunch of "Team TWUers" to help them turn around the IBT card drive. Anyone know if this is true and who flew in? Maybe some of the TULE people can get us some good pictures of the "team." I hear Lorenzi is up there from AFW but Pike refused to go..anyone else hearing that? I am not aware of any Line reps involved although Soldevere and his team may be the "Grand Marshall's" of the TWU parade and circus.

Hey, where are the airplanes these guys work on? What an embarrassment, the TWU shoots a video about how they represent their members in the Local 514 sign shop. I am hearing the the TWU and AA flew in a bunch of "Team TWUers" to help them turn around the IBT card drive. Anyone know if this is true and who flew in? Maybe some of the TULE people can get us some good pictures of the "team." I hear Lorenzi is up there from AFW but Pike refused to go..anyone else hearing that? I am not aware of any Line reps involved although Soldevere and his team may be the "Grand Marshall's" of the TWU parade and circus.
I heard Peterson and Schiable were there

Now let me see if I understood the individuals in this video that was obviously shot in a sign making shop and not on the Line or even Hangar floor.

One guy states that we do "all" our heavy maintenance in-house. And that United sends their heavy maintenance to China and that the teamsters represent the United AMTs. So he is insinuating that twu = good and teamsters = bad. But AA sends our 777s to China? Did I miss something here or is this individual confused?

Another individual states that a union isn't the name over the door but the members within the union. So this person is insinuating that the twu structure of appointed, unaccountable sell outs who never take pay cuts when the membership does is better than a craft union structured on all officers being elected by the membership and being held accountable by the membership and live under the contracts they help negotiate? Did I miss something here or is this individual confused too?

Thanks for the video as it did garner more signed AMFA cards after the comment about our doing "all" our heavy maintenance in house. I guess China is considered part of the AA house.

I will say that at least these individuals weren't reading from a telepromtor like that scientist in the earlier twu video.

Go AMFA!

Go AMFA!

This video just goes to show all of you how AMT's like Jay Potter do not have a clue as to reality, instead they just believe and repeat whatever the idiots at the Local hall tell them. This is the mentality we deal with daily while attempting to make change towards a better future. The truth does not matter to them. They just drink from the Kool-Aid and repeat the BS. Truth be known, Jay Potter just wants to run for Local Office and get himself and raise and praise. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back