Vote No Video from Presidents

Ref: John Hewitt Tulsa News Interview

http://www.newson6.com/category/121535/video-page?clipId=7200892&autostart=true

Rich lens of channel 6 news tulsa stated that:

"voting is across the country"

John Hewitt replied:

"they are concerned with their cities as we are with ours"

John Hewitt also stated in the interview:

we have other people in other parts of the country that have a different agenda to represent the people in their city"

Last time I checked we are suppose to be one union with one agenda.

but this clearly defines John Hewitt agenda as the only agenda and everyone else is the outsider!

Thanks for clearing up the line vs overhaul issue John on Television.

My family does not matter

TWU fighting for one or not at all

Ref: John Hewitt Tulsa News Interview

http://www.newson6.c...&autostart=true

Rich lens of channel 6 news tulsa stated that:

"voting is across the country"

John Hewitt replied:

"they are concerned with their cities as we are with ours"

John Hewitt also stated in the interview:

we have other people in other parts of the country that have a different agenda to represent the people in their city"

Last time I checked we are suppose to be one union with one agenda.

but this clearly defines John Hewitt agenda as the only agenda and everyone else is the outsider!

Thanks for clearing up the line vs overhaul issue John on Television.

My family does not matter

TWU fighting for one or not at all

Maybe we need to separate once and for all the line stations and OH...
Since we all have our concerns, let's go separate ways.

What "agreement"?

What I see is an ultimatum where they are using fear and the promise of jobs being saved to try and get 50% +1 to submit. They fail to mention that the language thats being put and and taken out put many more at risk and does not save any jobs.

I guess I meant to say do you see the "offer" as being divisional?

So are you basically saying that there is nothing of substance in the contract in terms of scope protection, and the company is trying to instill fear to shove this down your throats? That's not good. I agree its better to allow them to make job cuts to preserve pay and benefits for the remaining jobs. There comes a point and time where you cut so much its no longer worthwhile offering concessions to preserve the job.

Josh

I guess I meant to say do you see the "offer" as being divisional?

So are you basically saying that there is nothing of substance in the contract in terms of scope protection, and the company is trying to instill fear to shove this down your throats? That's not good. I agree its better to allow them to make job cuts to preserve pay and benefits for the remaining jobs. There comes a point and time where you cut so much its no longer worthwhile offering concessions to preserve the job.

Josh
yes i would say thats where we are at they are making drastic cuts to everything even the small things that dont cost anything

VOTE NO

Attachments

• Capture31.jpg
    Capture31.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: 1 person
Did those vote NO videos inspire J Little to condemn those presidents?

If he said one word to them, let there be no doubt about his character.

Vote NO.

Local 514 is ramping up the Owen's rebuttal with a 21 page handout and an 8 page line president handout. Why was it not brought to this forum for counters from both sides. Handouts are not signed. Maybe teAAm overspeed can take credit.

Local 514 is ramping up the Owen's rebuttal with a 21 page handout and an 8 page line president handout. Why was it not brought to this forum for counters from both sides. Handouts are not signed. Maybe teAAm overspeed can take credit.

and local 565, Peterson has a letter out to back up Owen's letter.
Vote NO

Peterson, Owens, and others have made valid points in regard to scope and job protection and the primary reason I hear on the floor for voting no. Bob raised the question as to why all job protection was eliminated and it has merit because even 50% would have been reasonable considering it would nearly match legacy personnel numbers and it's likely that in six years that's all that will be left anyway. It alone may be the deal killer for 51% ratification. TeAAm overspeed cannot understand that AA's fleet renewal and maintenance check extensions sought will dramatically reduce the need for personnel in the next several years, meaning saving jobs in only temporary. It's not the 45% total outsource number that's the problem, but, as Peterson has said it's the ever shrinking 100%. Yes vote or no vote, less maintenance equals less 100% "in any given year".
There are solutions that could actually save jobs by reducing the desire for AA to outsource through a more efficient operation on the bases, something manAAgement seems inept at doing even though they have the tools at their disposal. DWMS for real labor tracking (which is used inaccurately and never for accountability), state of the art equipment, and a trained workforce to name a few. I've spoken to many mechanics that are familiar with MRO operations and it seems reasonable that the measures they use could dramatically improve productivity at AA. Many MRO's assign jobs with a specific amount of time required to accomplish the task and if not fulfilled accountability is required. Starting the job late, taking pre and post breaks, extended lunches, and quitting early is not tolerated but all to common at AA. Clocking out requires all tools to be returned for the next shifts use. I understand life is difficult at MRO's, as many may soon see, but I believe AA is willing to pay a premium for control, availability, and quality. I'm not confident the proper steps will be taken that could improve our position in future negotiations. Early out or not I'm in the process of leaving after 22 years knowing that while AA may know how much we cost they will never know our value.

Good post Birdman. And true.
This place(TULE)makes it a day to day struggle to keep your standards and accountability in check.
People too lazy to even pick up the dropped hardware in free stock or around the dock(or hardware not even kept stocked!); not putting eqpt back where it goes or returning it. Abused, broken, or trashed out/worn out eqpt. Picking up hardware bags, trash off the floor,etc Just slack ass stuff like that-pigs. Couldn't be bothered. All things I do daily, and they're making $13/hr more than I am!
Bottom line, sad to say it, some of these worthless POSs need there asses run off. Period. A lot of these guys have been under "mother American"s covering for far too long. And they have NO idea what's in store for them when the real world smacks them in the middle of there eyes!

I would absolutely be game to be labor loaned, cross utilzed or whatever the dock/hangar needs to optimize the manpower for the planes to be returned to service-in return for a GOOD contract(with some GOOD langauge!). I'd bet WN does in DAL, HOU and PHX. A lot of guys need to realize this company has a business to run. It's all about what the company needs to function and perform in order to make a sustainable profit-thereby able to compensate it employees (truely)competitve(not just in words). Not what the employee wants.

Of course, you'd have trustworthy people in place in the executive positions as well as good managment.
Which is currently a major problem at AA.

I couldn't wait till the 14th to vote no. So I voted no 30min ago.

http://m.newson6.com/default.aspx?pid=2586&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.newson6.com%2fstory%2f18310405%2famerican-airlines-exec-says-union-is-making-misleading-statements%3fclienttype%3drssstory

I couldn't wait till the 14th to vote no. So I voted no 30min ago.

http://m.newson6.com...nttype=rssstory

Mr. James C. Little
International President
Transport Workers Union of America AFL-CIO
501 3rd Street NW, 9th floor
Washington, D.C. 20001

Dear Jim:

There have been a number of misstatements recently made on the various Internet blogs, YouTube videos and other collateral material produced by some of the TWU Locals about the Company's March Term Sheets that are before the Court. They paint a very inaccurate picture of what will happen if the Company proposals are not ratified and the Court rejects the current collective bargaining agreements.

So there is no confusion about our intentions, let me reiterate the Company's position. Any provision in the March term sheet that was dependent on a ratified consensual agreement will not be implemented without the ratification of the consensual agreement. We have made that very clear throughout the negotiations process since February 1.

For example, the following items are available only under a ratified consensual agreement:

• 1.5% wage increases
• Early Out Incentive Allowance
• Company prefunding refund
• 401(k) match up to 5.5%
• 1st dollar Profit Sharing Plan
• Gain Sharing proposal

If the proposals do not ratify and if the court permits rejection of the collective bargaining agreements, the Company has no plans to implement these "upside" provisions until it achieves a ratified consensual agreement.

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 817-967-1284.

Sincerely,

Laura Einspanier
Vice President
Employee Relations

Notice that she does not mention that the outsourcing and the loss of system protection is inaccurate.

But which is it? We get it or we don't get? We don't get if we vote no, but we get the "upside" provisions when we have a consensual agreement in court. HUH? Why vote yes then?

FEAR!!!, FEAR!!! FEAR!!!

Vote No!!!

Latest posts