Vote No Video from Presidents

Mr. James C. Little
International President
Transport Workers Union of America AFL-CIO
501 3rd Street NW, 9th floor
Washington, D.C. 20001

Dear Jim:

There have been a number of misstatements recently made on the various Internet blogs, YouTube videos and other collateral material produced by some of the TWU Locals about the Company's March Term Sheets that are before the Court. They paint a very inaccurate picture of what will happen if the Company proposals are not ratified and the Court rejects the current collective bargaining agreements.

So there is no confusion about our intentions, let me reiterate the Company's position. Any provision in the March term sheet that was dependent on a ratified consensual agreement will not be implemented without the ratification of the consensual agreement. We have made that very clear throughout the negotiations process since February 1.

For example, the following items are available only under a ratified consensual agreement:

• 1.5% wage increases
• Early Out Incentive Allowance
• Company prefunding refund
• 401(k) match up to 5.5%
• 1st dollar Profit Sharing Plan
• Gain Sharing proposal

If the proposals do not ratify and if the court permits rejection of the collective bargaining agreements, the Company has no plans to implement these "upside" provisions until it achieves a ratified consensual agreement.

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 817-967-1284.

Sincerely,

Laura Einspanier
Vice President
Employee Relations

Notice that she does not mention that the outsourcing and the loss of system protection is inaccurate.

But which is it? We get it or we don't get? We don't get if we vote no, but we get the "upside" provisions when we have a consensual agreement in court. HUH? Why vote yes then?

FEAR!!!, FEAR!!! FEAR!!!

Vote No!!!

Thats not what they said in court. To me thats good news, it makes it that much more likely that the court will reject the companys motion.The more unreasonable the ask the more likley AA will be among the 10% or so the court denies. They are asking the judge to let them impose a 10 year wage freeze when we already lag the rest of the industry-never happened, to let them dump the DB pension and not replace it with anything-dont believe thats happened either, and to wipe out the AIP and not give us Profit Sharing or any equity whatsoever-United got Convertible notes and equity, all so they can make $3 billion a year in profits? Was that the intended purpose of C-11?

This just goes to show how desperately the company wants to scare us into not putting this before the Judge. If they were confident that the Judge was to rule in their favor wouldnt they want us to reject it?

If the company was able to give this under their business plan if we ratified it then what is the business arguement they are going to tell the Judge that now they arent? Isnt that essentially making an offer and taking it back? Like I said before they are approaching this like regular negotiatiations not just ASKing for what needed to exit BK successfully.

AA said right up until they filed that their labor costs put them at an $800 million disadvantage, yet they demanded $1.25 billion
AA wants us to give up $1.25 billion so they can make $3 billion a year in profits
AA is already paying us the lowest wage in the industry
AA already gives us the least amount of sick time
AA already gives us the least amount of Vacation
AA already gives us the fewest paid Holidays
AA already pays us less for working Holidays than anyone else

AA is claiming thats not enough, they need us to give up PVs and work rules that are already among the most flexible in the industry in addition to outsourcing up to 55% of the work(if RR bails)

I hear that some of the 514 guys have put together a 20 page booklet about me. I look forward to reading it!

One question for those boys, "How does getting rid of system protection for everyone save jobs?"

Bob,

You are a real piece of works.

You come and preach over and over again to turn down everything. So far your track record stinks. Before the negotiations you supported organizations that destroyed our profession. Now you are attempting to drive us into extinction.

Thanks Bob for negotiating this piece of junk.

For the life of me I can't see why anyone would want to listen to you!!!!!

CIO

TWU is no good, no thanks to the CIO goons.

Thank you LINE station Presidents! I just voted no.

TWU International, Horton, and AMR can pound salt.

When TWU is finally voted OUT of our lives, things will start to improve.

Reactions: 1 person
I am happy to show anyone my "NO" vote confirmation. Screw the TWUAMRUSA collaborationists!

Screw Jim Little and his ilk. Get out of our lives, please. You stink!

Letter from AA’s VP of Employee Relations to Jim Little May 10, 2012

May 11, 2012

May 10, 2012

Dear Jim:
There have been a number of misstatements recently made on the various Internet blogs, YouTube videos and other collateral material produced by some of the TWU Locals about the Company’s March Term Sheets that are before the Court. They paint a very inaccurate picture of what will happen if the Company proposals are not ratified and the Court rejects the current collective bargaining agreements.
So there is no confusion about our intentions, let me reiterate the Company’s position. Any provision in the March term sheet that was dependent on a ratified consensual agreement will not be implemented without the ratification of the consensual agreement. We have made that very clear throughout the negotiations process since February 1.
For example, the following items are available only under a ratified consensual agreement:
  • 1.5% wage increases
  • Gain Sharing proposal
If the proposals do not ratify and if the court permits rejection of the collective bargaining agreements, the Company has no plans to implement these “upside” provisions until it achieves a ratified consensual agreement.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me
Sincerely,
Laura Einspanier
Vice President
Employee Relations

Reactions: 2 people
Letter from AA’s VP of Employee Relations to Jim Little May 10, 2012

May 11, 2012

May 10, 2012

Dear Jim:
There have been a number of misstatements recently made on the various Internet blogs, YouTube videos and other collateral material produced by some of the TWU Locals about the Company’s March Term Sheets that are before the Court. They paint a very inaccurate picture of what will happen if the Company proposals are not ratified and the Court rejects the current collective bargaining agreements.
So there is no confusion about our intentions, let me reiterate the Company’s position. Any provision in the March term sheet that was dependent on a ratified consensual agreement will not be implemented without the ratification of the consensual agreement. We have made that very clear throughout the negotiations process since February 1.
  • 1.5% wage increases
  • Gain Sharing proposal
If the proposals do not ratify and if the court permits rejection of the collective bargaining agreements, the Company has no plans to implement these “upside” provisions until it achieves a ratified consensual agreement.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me
Sincerely,
Laura Einspanier
Vice President
Employee Relations
IMHO the 'company' and 'union' are gaming you (using you as tool).
Read the bolded highlights and go from there.
B) xUT

IMHO the 'company' and 'union' are gaming you (using you as tool).
Read the bolded highlights and go from there.
B) xUT

Exactly "If" and there will be consensual agreement. It will be after the 4,300 and new 40% outsourcing cap is in place. I guess you want a repeat of the NWA/AMFA deal where they outsourced everything and then settled on a consensual agreement with only two stations and 900 AMTs. Or maybe the UAL/IAM/AMFA deal where they voted to reject, changed unions, had the judge abrogate the contract and give UAL double what they asked for in the term sheet, and then finally sign the deal that involved new scope language that allowed all airframe overhaul to be outsourced.

"The role of the bankruptcy court as little more than an adjunct of corporate management was underscored by the decision of Judge Wedoff to impose a wage cut double the amount demanded by United. Wedoff also imposed concessions on United mechanics two years ago, after they rejected an earlier round of concessions. Afterwards, the mechanics voted to leave the International Association of Machinists and join the AMFA."

Okay, you got me voting no you crafty devil you.

Exactly "If" and there will be consensual agreement. It will be after the 4,300 and new 40% outsourcing cap is in place. I guess you want a repeat of the NWA/AMFA deal where they outsourced everything and then settled on a consensual agreement with only two stations and 900 AMTs. Or maybe the UAL/IAM/AMFA deal where they voted to reject, changed unions, had the judge abrogate the contract and give UAL double what they asked for in the term sheet, and then finally sign the deal that involved new scope language that allowed all airframe overhaul to be outsourced.

"The role of the bankruptcy court as little more than an adjunct of corporate management was underscored by the decision of Judge Wedoff to impose a wage cut double the amount demanded by United. Wedoff also imposed concessions on United mechanics two years ago, after they rejected an earlier round of concessions. Afterwards, the mechanics voted to leave the International Association of Machinists and join the AMFA."

Interesting how you and the other TWU stooges of the world used to blame AMFA and/or O.V. Delle-Femine for everything that happens that is negative, regardless of happening at AA or another Ariline.

These days, on several occasions, I have noticed you quoting the man trying to peddle your own version of complete decimation of a labor agreement.

How ironic

Since in your mind it was AMFA's fault at NWA, UAL, and Alaska, when the same was happening to them, then is not the TWU's fault today?

And after giving double in two rounds they still make more than we do. Their wage rate is higher, they have more vacation, more Holidays, get paid higher rates for the Holidays, more sick time, more IOD time, have CS language written into the contract, minimu 4 hours of OT, Doubletime, pay less for Medical, got convertible notes and equity in the company, a 401k Contribution, etc etc.

You forgot to mention that while UAL mechanics were in the middle of BK fighting the concessions we rolled over and gave AA 25% . Instead of supporting them we cut them off at the knees.

Latest posts