777 Tulsa bound......

2ndgenAAer

Jul 24, 2008
Has anyone heard about the shop floor rumor that the 777 may not be heading to Tulsa permanently? Apparently moving costs are more than intentionally anticipated. Any work being performed in Tulsa yet to accommodate the 777? Should be interesting.

Has anyone heard about the shop floor rumor that the 777 may not be heading to Tulsa permanently? Apparently moving costs are more than intentionally anticipated. Any work being performed in Tulsa yet to accommodate the 777? Should be interesting.
Maintenance are working on docking, but I am not sure if it's for the new bird.
300's are still being worked on in Hangar 6.
From what I've seen and heard the 300's are still being returned or going to the desert.
As far as I know the 777's are still a go with no snags.
There are guys going from TULE to AFW next week for training on em also.

There a guys from the seat shop and the interior shop from Tulsa down at AFW this week to talk about moving the work and we heard today from a few guys in AFW that the 777 motors are also being moved to Tulsa.

:p Hey tulsa, you guys might think about beefing up that blast fence !!! The ol` triple is a beast at t/o power...just a thought ;)

There a guys from the seat shop and the interior shop from Tulsa down at AFW this week to talk about moving the work and we heard today from a few guys in AFW that the 777 motors are also being moved to Tulsa.

You guys may want to update the rumor mill. Unfortunately this is just whishful thinking about the engines since AFW has the only test cell in this hemisphere to handle the Trent 800's. :shock:

You guys may want to update the rumor mill. Unfortunately this is just whishful thinking about the engines since AFW has the only test cell in this hemisphere to handle the Trent 800's. :shock:
:) I have to back up "the dissident" on this one. We are of the understanding that the afw/tasel test cell is the only one in this hemisphere that can handle it. I`ve read that tasel is building a large facility in brazil. Anyone else see that?

:) I have to back up "the dissident" on this one. We are of the understanding that the afw/tasel test cell is the only one in this hemisphere that can handle it. I`ve read that tasel is building a large facility in brazil. Anyone else see that?

Have you heard if it is the size of the cell or the power in puts out that they say AFW is the only one? I know our test cell is large enough for it but I could not find anyone yet that could tell me if it could handle full power run-ups. I hope you don't loose those also but I find it hard to believe they cannot make the tulsa test cell work for those motors??

Have you heard if it is the size of the cell or the power in puts out that they say AFW is the only one? I know our test cell is large enough for it but I could not find anyone yet that could tell me if it could handle full power run-ups. I hope you don't loose those also but I find it hard to believe they cannot make the tulsa test cell work for those motors??
I`ll swing by the test cell tomorrow and get the straight scoop.

You might want to check the facts on that. Have you been to the Tulsa test cell?

Yes I have been to the tulsa test cell, i used to work in tulsa. I know for a fact that it cant take a trent 800 since it is not rated anywhere near the75k-95k pounds of thrust it is capable of putting out. I believe the afw test cell is rated for 100-110k.I dont understand it. First its neener neener neener we got your work coming our way, then oops i guess i was wrong we really cant take all your work away hope you guys get to keep whats left after we get through scabbing our own fellow employees!