777 Tulsa bound......

Yes I have been to the tulsa test cell, i used to work in tulsa. I know for a fact that it cant take a trent 800 since it is not rated anywhere near the75k-95k pounds of thrust it is capable of putting out. I believe the afw test cell is rated for 100-110k.I dont understand it. First its neener neener neener we got your work coming our way, then oops i guess i was wrong we really cant take all your work away hope you guys get to keep whats left after we get through scabbing our own fellow employees!

Considering the dazzlling brilliance displayed by our wonderous leadership over the years would anyone care to opine as to when an attempt to mount the big Trent in the larger TULE test cell will occur?

I dont understand it. First its neener neener neener we got your work coming our way, then oops i guess i was wrong we really cant take all your work away hope you guys get to keep whats left after we get through scabbing our own fellow employees!

First of all I made a statement regarding work being moved here. Show me where I say hooray for Tulsa we are getting AFW's work. I used to work in AFW and have many friends that work there including guys in the engine shop and that is where I heard that info. Your right it is IMPOSSIBLE to mod the tulsa test cell and it will never be able to handle a Trent. :unsure:

As for scabbing fellow employees, you have a lot of nerve and stupidity to believe we have anything to do with what the company wants to move. I don't know anyone who is happy about the current state of this company. :down:

First of all I made a statement regarding work being moved here. Show me where I say hooray for Tulsa we are getting AFW's work. I used to work in AFW and have many friends that work there including guys in the engine shop and that is where I heard that info. Your right it is IMPOSSIBLE to mod the tulsa test cell and it will never be able to handle a Trent. :unsure:

As for scabbing fellow employees, you have a lot of nerve and stupidity to believe we have anything to do with what the company wants to move. I don't know anyone who is happy about the current state of this company. :down:
Itoo can understand how dissident feels tulmech. because 777 line leaving us is hard to take. Especially since it was your local prez how had secret back office negotiation with the company to get the 777. Then turn to our prez (local 567) and say hey this is what the company decided sorry. yeah sorry rrrrrright. i guess that's all fair in love and war. in this case twu local wars.

I was there a few years ago when Tulsa scabbed some b-checks and the workers volunteered to do them because the co was having some problems with the line stations taking aircraft out of service en masse. So its not nerve or stupidity, just based on past observations. Tulsa would sell their own mothers for a few more hours of ot so they can get that new bassboat and upgrade from a single wide to a double wide. The workers control the volume of work done.Not the company. The goo gobblers in tulsa just keep begging to bring more work there. Just like the 777. Except the gear pits dont fit and the hangar isnt tall enough to accomodate jacking the aircraft. Oops!!! Everytime another station shuts down Tulsa rejoices simple as that. It means more work for them. Me thinks your just a management stooge here to stir up controversy.

I was there a few years ago when Tulsa scabbed some b-checks and the workers volunteered to do them because the co was having some problems with the line stations taking aircraft out of service en masse. So its not nerve or stupidity, just based on past observations. Tulsa would sell their own mothers for a few more hours of ot so they can get that new bassboat and upgrade from a single wide to a double wide. The workers control the volume of work done.Not the company. The goo gobblers in tulsa just keep begging to bring more work there. Just like the 777. Except the gear pits dont fit and the hangar isnt tall enough to accomodate jacking the aircraft. Oops!!! Everytime another station shuts down Tulsa rejoices simple as that. It means more work for them. Me thinks your just a management stooge here to stir up controversy.
I hear you, seems what tul wants tul gets. But we're fighting them tooth and nail. i think we should turn the tables on tul and go after what they took from us and then some (e.g. 757,ge cf6-80a & c2). Heck lets build out AFW buy out FedEx hangers and take it all. Close out TUL bring everybody down here. See how they like. One big O/H base AFW.

I was there a few years ago when Tulsa scabbed some b-checks and the workers volunteered to do them because the co was having some problems with the line stations taking aircraft out of service en masse.
I dont know if thats a fair statement. If I recall the B'check, which usually is accomplished as an overnight check, flying in at 7 or 8 pm and flying out before noon the next day took 3 days in Tule. I guess the right guys volunteered. They couldnt refuse to do it but stretching it out three days was seen as an act of support. It was a rare victory for the workers, and the TWU International had nothing to do with it.

Look if the ompany wants to move work they can, we should not let them use it as a means of putting us at each others throats.

I understand being frustrated but jesus, bud.
Who is allowing the company to move the AFW and MCI work ?
Should these bases be responsible and blamed for letting their work get away ?
What would you have us do ?
I do not like bases closing, friends going to the street, trying to live paycheck to paycheck trying to provide for my family the best I can.
Your comments are clearly out of frustration and understandably so ... to a point.
To make it sound as if the Tulsa base is happy others are losing work is ridiculous.
I welcome you to come to Tulsa to visit us whom you think are all "goo guzzlers".
Yes there some morons here.. just as there are in MCI and AFW ..FFS !
We are just as furious as you, but should we say AFW and MCI are to blame ?
Hell no !!!
The overall Union leadership and the company is doing this.
The Company and the Union leadership are "working together" to separate the employees and cause strife. :angry:

Local 514s membership dropped by 2000 members between 2001 and 2007. So you cant say that Tulsa hasnt been hit.
I agree,lets not let the company and its in pocket union get us fighting each other.I just saw Dark Knight with the kids, if the two ferrys were filled with TWU members there would be two ferries blown to bits and Jim Little would be laughing away.

Several people have questioned why the TWU would allow work to be moved.

Is that even the TWU's to control under the contract? As long as the work is done by AA employees at an AA facility, the company is following the letter of the contract.

Several others mentioned the test cell not being Trent capable. The current contract allows the engines to be serviced by the TAESL JV employees, so why would you think they'd need to do anything with the TUL cell?

Trucking them between TUL and AFW isn't as expensive as you'd think. Aren't other carriers trucking engines in/out of there today?

Several people have questioned why the TWU would allow work to be moved.

Is that even the TWU's to control under the contract? As long as the work is done by AA employees at an AA facility, the company is following the letter of the contract.

Several others mentioned the test cell not being Trent capable. The current contract allows the engines to be serviced by the TAESL JV employees, so why would you think they'd need to do anything with the TUL cell?

Trucking them between TUL and AFW isn't as expensive as you'd think. Aren't other carriers trucking engines in/out of there today?

Yes, CF-6's are carried all over the country. But the Trents are twice as big....

Tulsa would sell their own mothers for a few more hours of ot so they can get that new bassboat and upgrade from a single wide to a double wide.
YEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWWW a doublewide and bass boat. Sign me up.

Get a grip, dust settles and who is left has to live together. But your right this "union" seems to enjoy the infighting between locals. That Jim guy with the nice pressed shirt is he the president?

Yes, CF-6's are carried all over the country. But the Trents are twice as big....
They are also expensive. If you have an unsceduled engine change then shipping can't be avoided but to have every engine shipped over the road increases the risk of loss due to damage in an accident, especially with the much wider 777 engine.

I'm finding it a little hard to believe that the only way to get a Trent in/out of TAESL is on the wing or in an AN-225...

Sure, a 10' or 11' wide fan presents more of a problem than the 9' on a CF6 does, but that's still legal for over the road. 14' is the point where a pilot vehicle is required in many states, and up to 20' is legal in Texas.

I'm finding it a little hard to believe that the only way to get a Trent in/out of TAESL is on the wing or in an AN-225...

Sure, a 10' or 11' wide fan presents more of a problem than the 9' on a CF6 does, but that's still legal for over the road. 14' is the point where a pilot vehicle is required in many states, and up to 20' is legal in Texas.
This is what I am hearing :
The 777 engines are too much on Oklahoma highway bridges for Southern Pride trucking.
The diameter/circumference of the 777 engines are as big as the 757 fuselage... which doesn't pose a problem on a State Highway, but an interesting fact.

you may find it hard to believe but it is what it is. it's only been recently that a 747 can carry one and that required a special engine stand that could rotate the engine 45 degrees

Latest posts