80% chance of US/DL merger

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='433206' date='Nov 27 2006, 02:24 AM']I think you should ask the AFA what they intend to do for the DL flight attendants. You guys voted no for representation. The AFA spent millions to try and organize the DL flight attendants. Do you think after that they will give you DOH? Do you think the flight attendants who are on furlough, out of seniority order will get called back?[/quote]
Ask AFA? I don't think so.
They may have spent a lot of money, but their pitch obviously fell short of closing the sale. If this does happen AFA needs to keep in mind that more than half of the flight attendants will be non-union. If AFA doesn’t play nice they may find themselves representing one fewer airline.

You might want to take Nor'Easter's opinions with a grain of salt. Rarely will he let actual facts sway what he believes.

During the last campaign, he had a testimonial on the deltaafa website, and hundereds of pro afa posts on the antiunion website, the afa list serv, and on this board. Generally, they are more flame bait than anything worthwhile.

He has kept the same bias though his multiple screen names, so weigh his opinion accordingly.

I agree with your assessment of the afa's options. An inequitable integration will cause the over 50% of us to vote them out.

We DON'T need Delta or anybody else. DELTA needs us.

Hmmm... Then why is it the US posters here remind me so much of the bar scene in the movie, “The Accusedâ€￾?

The whole sub-contracted global delta employees are somlians/kenyans /liberians on work visas thye have on fcking clue what aunion is keep handing out the pins u stupid asses go bakct oyou r country.
I have no idea what you've been smoking, but I do know that I don't want any.

US f/a here... why does everyone from each side hate each other so much? no group of employees for either airline have a say in what happens. if it does happen, wouldn't it make a great work environment if everyone could get along? i love to go to work when i work with people i like. right now there is so much dislike between us east, america west and delta. what's going on???

I gotta wonder how much hate is really out there. Seems like every company has it's share of angry people but most get their job done anyway. AA and AWA are going through a lot of changes regarding the merger and all the stats show that the employees are stepping up to the plate and hitting a home run. They don't all agree with the changes but they ALL get it done...safely and on time.

A320 Driver (AAA) B)

You might want to take Nor'Easter's opinions with a grain of salt. Rarely will he let actual facts sway what he believes.

During the last campaign, he had a testimonial on the deltaafa website, and hundereds of pro afa posts on the antiunion website, the afa list serv, and on this board. Generally, they are more flame bait than anything worthwhile.

He has kept the same bias though his multiple screen names, so weigh his opinion accordingly.

I agree with your assessment of the afa's options. An inequitable integration will cause the over 50% of us to vote them out.

AFAs national Constitution and ByLaws call for DOH. That is what will happen. Others, (especially AA f/as) will try and stir the pot. They feel justified and no remorse over the former TWA f/as ALL having lost their careers. The APFA was too stupid to negotiate a no furlough cause for $600,000,000 in concessions. Nor'Easter is especially vocal when it comes to baiting and take great joy in his/her "off with their heads" attitude.This is going to be stressful enough for all concerned without outsiders trying to get everyone at each others throats. Hang in there, and best wishes for both airlines.

The Delta employees have a history of being treated well by management (except for the chunk of years that Allen and Mullin were in charge) We honestly have not needed any representation.

If you'd like to engage and a level headed conversation I'd be interested to hear what concessions you believe the Delta employees gave up that would have been saved by a contract? Also can you explain to me what benefits you got to keep because you did have a contract without having to bargain away another beneifit to keep it?

I really am just curious.
The pay scale for airport and reservations at America West before April 2006
both classifications start at $7.65 per hour and top out
at $13.09 per hour. It is important for agents to have this
information so they can understand the reality of America West.

America West pay raises and premiums and the pay scale were on a merit system and those
raises and premiums were given to individuals at their current pay rate,
rather than across the board. The top America West rate was still
$13.09 per hour ($27, 232 per year). It never increase more that $13.09

The Communications Workers of America representing passengers service employees negotiated a agreement with USAirways and America West for a interim 20 month transition agreement to bring America West agents pay up to $18.00 dollars hr. + future increases and improved benefits with snap backs to pre concessionary agreements of USAirway pass contract

Oh no, the know it all has spoken! Bow down to the one who knows it all. Your time is coming and it is coming quick. The AFA will staple you because the US contract states they the US f/a's get DOH. What do you have that will protect your seniority? Oh yeah I forgot...The Delta management team will protect you. Not this time!

Believe that Delta will save you!

Where, oh knowlegable one, does it say this. Please quote a page and paragraph number. If you are able, then compare and contrast the language to the AFA merger language. Try to use logic based arguments rather than emotion based. Note: ending it with your usual "I guarantee it" does not pass as a logical argument.

The bottom line is there are more DL flight attendants than LCC flight attendants. If the DL flight attendants are treated unfairly, the afa will be voted out in favor of someone who can perform an equitable merge. Pat Friend will not allow the loss of 20,000 plus dues units. It would look bad on her resume.

I believe that you are right in one respect. The LCC flight attendants will get DOH.

However, the DL flight attendants will also get DOH. There will be no staple.