99 Hires FYI - Here Comes Recall Letter #3

Aug 22, 2002
Bentonville, AR (XNA)
FYI:

Got my third recall letter today. Certified mail again (they must be spending a fortune on certified letters!)

This one was for Group II aircraft, covered bid 07-04.

Sent my email with "bypass" again.

DOH: 1/99
DOF: 3/02

FYI:

Got my third recall letter today. Certified mail again (they must be spending a fortune on certified letters!)

This one was for Group II aircraft, covered bid 07-04.

Sent my email with "bypass" again.

DOH: 1/99
DOF: 3/02

I heard that over 150 of these certified recall letters were acidentally sent to MESA pilots, and once this error was discovered, there was a fear that MESA pilots would attempt to "return" into furloughed USAir slots, causing even more problems with the seniority debacle. It took several weeks to catch the error as Shares was somehow involved with the SNAFU. Fortunately there is nothing to worry about, they all have already declined recall.

Get ready, it's gonna be a big bounce off the bottom. "Poop or get off the pot" is coming soon to a mailbox near you!

Get ready, it's gonna be a big bounce off the bottom. "Poop or get off the pot" is coming soon to a mailbox near you!

Swaayze,

I'm an early 1999 hire date and continue to bypass recall. I agree with you that a bounce off the bottom is going to happen in the relative short term. I have a friend in AB trng right now who is hearing rumors of group II new-hire classes as early as August! With that in mind I have a few questions before I decide to "poop" or not.

1. If alpa is dumped do we still have recall rights?
2. What is your guess of how many of the furloughs return?
3. Will CEL pilots be offered recall before they work there way back up the list?

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated. I was planning on going back on this current round, but too much turmoil right now to risk leaving my current position plus I hate going to training in the summer. Any constructive insight will be helpful

Thanks

I still wonder if the psychology will be different when they begin sending out "poop" letters to the junior pilots.

I think the rate of acceptance might be significantly higher on the way back up the list. The J4J guys don't want to spend the rest of their life toiling away at PSA.

I still wonder if the psychology will be different when they begin sending out "poop" letters to the junior pilots.

I think the rate of acceptance might be significantly higher on the way back up the list. The J4J guys don't want to spend the rest of their life toiling away at PSA.

Ha ha, "poop letters", I like it. Can I share the credit for that? :p

I think most of the J4Js have already accepted and are being withheld, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. I personally would not be the least bit surprised to get my poop letter this round and I'm about 1350ish on the APL. Looks like there will be an empty stall 'round here if so.

Kie8nunu,

1. yes, the contract will still be in effect.
2. God only knows but I don't expect (guess) more than a few hundred will come back on the way up the list.
3. yes, they're on the APL and the LCC seniority list and should have the same rights as us.

I still think it's really easy to say "no" when you have nothing to lose. I dont think many people will choose to get off the pot on the way back up the list.

Guess we'll see.

I still think it's really easy to say "no" when you have nothing to lose. I dont think many people will choose to get off the pot on the way back up the list.

Guess we'll see.

Yeah it may be harder to say "No" when they come back up the list, but the only thing harder is to say "Yes". :lol:

:lol: You said it! It will be tough to say "no", but I do have to look at myself in the mirror each morning!

The mirror would be hell if I were wearing an ALPA pin on my lapel again.

ALPA’s Dirty Little Secret.

It is inconceivable that 1500 ALPA mainline pilots decline recall to mainline “ALPAâ€￾ jobs. They are afraid of getting stuck on the 190, and well they should be.

But the real dirty secret is that a pilot will be required to resign while he is passing on a 190, in violation of the contract.

ALPA felt bad about allowing 190 rates, but felt better by demanding that we can “forever bypassâ€￾ a recall to the 190.

In theory then, we could keep passing on the 190 (while the company would hire off the street) and we would remain on the list, because we had passed to someone junior.

BUT… BUT now that the company is handling the recall to 190 separate than the recall to the Group 2 aircraft, we cannot exercise our right to bypass a plane to someone junior, and remain on the list.

They will force us to come back to group 2 or resign, while we pass to someone junior on the 190.

I find it hard to believe that ALPA is really as incompetent as it has been for the last 20 years, without actually trying to be (indeed, being paid to be). :rolleyes:

I'm trying to look at all of the angles before making the decision.

What are the chances of a recalled pilot (Jan 99 DOH) to hold BOS? What equipment is in BOS these days? Any chance that a Jan 99 would be able to avoid short-call reserve? (considering moving to New Hampshire, about 90 minutes from BOS)

Thanks in advance

Just curious .... what annual $'s are you looking at on the 190? I started out on the FH-227,CV-580, then on to the BAC-111, DC-9-30 etc., etc. Would like to compare the pay to the annual income I received back then!

Thanks .....

2B

3. Will CEL pilots be offered recall before they work there way back up the list?

Thanks
There are already ex-cel pilots back on the property. They started in the 5/21 & 6/18 classes. There are many who have already been offered group II aircraft slots. More in the 7/9 class. They are on their way up from the bottom of the total list(ex-cel included) for the "poop" decision.

It's a little more complicated than that, although those are correct currently. The transition agreement, which contains the 190 pay scales as the last item, is at:

Transition Agreement

Jim

Back