Recall letters reach the 99' "newhire" pilots

Jan31 ALPA update:
"The Committee has also obtained more information on the recall of 160 pilots into non EMB-190 class dates, including that 464 certified letters were mailed on January 16, 2006. The Company has prepared an additional 255 certified letters, which will be mailed tomorrow, February 1, 2007. More information on recalls is contained in the Grievance update."

Hope this helps.
It does, anything does...thanks. I'm one of the last dregs of J4J's at Mesa....trying to not get violated every day is my full time job these days. Thanks for the update.

Bring back the hot ones!!! :up:

Most of us "hot" ones have aged, gotten fat, and balding...HAHAHA..... due mostly to the crappy schedules we've been running. The ones that have found other employment are still the same but not coming back..... OH well...

Hey, speak for yourself!

Supposedly the last batch of 255 letters will reach 4/26/99 hires, roughly 1000 down the APL.

Most of us "hot" ones have aged, gotten fat, and balding...HAHAHA..... due mostly to the crappy schedules we've been running. The ones that have found other employment are still the same but not coming back..... OH well...

LOL!!! We were in our 20's and had the Tiger by the tail!

Now, well, turned into just a typical pilot, fat, bald and opinionated!

We should make excellent U Captains upon recall!

Charmane is down to class date 9-18-89 and still has 5 more slots to fill for a Feb 26 class date. Next class Mar 5 and expect 20 in each class. Will not know about type a/c untill in class.Please do not email me asking for seniority number's etc. Would like to stay hidden and lurk happily.Good luck!

Alrighty, got a response to my questions. I don't think anything in the email is in any way proprietary so here's the reply from the furlough administrator, his responses are in bold. Seems like a pretty informal, common sense process, not exactly what I'd expect from a recall process but great if it works efficiently and fairly:

Hi XXXX,

There are a number of us furloughees who are very interested in having some more information regarding recalls. Unfortunately many of us are still locked out of the LCC ALPA webboards, and I'm (and I'd assume many others are as well) evidently still not on an email list to receive your updates (the recent one from a month or so ago was never received). I have also recently emailed you with some questions at the tds.net address but never received a reply. Please forgive the number of questions as I'm sure you're busy, but the truth is there are many of us who are really in the dark as to how this is progressing and what our responsibilities and options really are for recall.

What exactly is the request stated in the "possible recall" letters that are going out?

To alleviate having to send out 30 letters for 30 recalls and then send out another letter as someone passes, the company is sending out letters to let you know you are in the zone for a recall. Kind of like selling more seats on a flight than you have since you know there will be no shows.

Does our response obligate us in any way or is it simply a tool to speed up the process by eliminating those who are not at all interested right now?

You advise the company if you plan to accept recall but you are under no obligation until they call you with an actual class date.

How do we safely and effectively respond to the "possible recall" letter if we are willing to take Group 2 but not 190?

You advise Cxxxxxxx that you will accept recall to a Group 2 or higher aircraft and to pass you for a 190

Is there a specific protocol for our response or is it freestyle?

Phone call or email to Cxxxxxxx

If we bypass this round can we then plan to accept at the next available recall or do we have to wait until they bounce up from the bottom of the list?

Each recall begins at the top of the list.

If we indicate a desire to bypass now, how do we then make ourselves available for a slot when we're ready to accept, say next bid?

You are automatically contacted again unless you ask to be passed.

Is it true that we have unlimited bypass rights for the 190 FO seat? Is it true that our recall rights do not expire until all pilots junior have either accepted a group 2 seat or resigned?

You can bypass a 190 as long as you like. If you are the most junior pilot on the list and you bypass a Group 2 or higher position then you are off the list.

How can we get a copy of the current contract and transition agreements so we know exactly what we're getting into? Could you please email me copies of these if you have access to them?

See attached

How can we get up to date APLs? Could you please email me a copy of the latest one?

See attached

Please forward this information asap, as well as any additional info you may have that would be of benefit to us furloughees who are contemplating a return.

Thank you,
Swaayze

Charmane is down to class date 9-18-89 and still has 5 more slots to fill for a Feb 26 class date. Next class Mar 5 and expect 20 in each class. Will not know about type a/c untill in class.Please do not email me asking for seniority number's etc. Would like to stay hidden and lurk happily.Good luck!

Info for what it is worth.

Recal Intent Letters are being sent at least into the second quarter 1999 hire dates. ie. April to June 1999.

Ok. I got "the letter" today. So how have people been wording this reply to USAir (assuming you would like to bypass, but be contacted again for each subsequent bid)?

Boy, I wish we could accept recall and then go on a five year personal leave of absence (like they do at Delta).

Ok. I got "the letter" today. So how have people been wording this reply to USAir?

Boy, I wish we could accept recall and then go on a five year personal leave of absence (like they do at Delta).

I said "yes,I will accept recall". via email.

I suppose you could put conditions like group 2 or higher.

I wouldn't paint yourself in a corner,you never know what may be coming down the road. I'm sure if you said I will accept recall and when she calls and all she has is E190 I'm almost positive she will let you pass at that time. Charmane is a very nice person and is easy to work with as long as you shoot straight with her. She is a very sharp individual.

I edited that post before you replied. Sorry for the confusion.

Right now i'm with a good company making good money and i'm home a lot.

I will probably want to bypass indefinitely but I want to keep my options open (like you said, never know what's coming down the road). So I want to make sure I word this email to her correctly.

Back