99 Hires FYI - Here Comes Recall Letter #3

Ok. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places. I'm not terribly familiar with New Hampshire.

We paid $88/square foot here in Arkansas for a new construction. Doesn't look like I can come anywhere near that in southern New Hampshire. But if anyone can recommend a town or neighborhood to look at, i'm sure open to it!
I'm a mechanic working for DL in BOS. I moved up here a year ago from ATL. Yes, housing is very pricy in Eastern Ma. and Southern NH. I settled in Peabody, MA. The bottom end of the livable single family market is about $300K. For that I ended up with a four bedroom Cape 1100Sqft, on about a 1/4 acre. I'm less than a mile from the commuter rail and about 6 miles from the Logan Express bus. Taxes and utlities in Peabody are about the lowest in Ea MA.

We also thought about NH. Some of the guys I work with live in Derry or Nasuha. It used to be a lot cheaper. The housing prices are almost the same as MA and the property taxes are much higher. To see houses in the $250k range we were looking at Manchester. It's a nice city. My Mom has lived there for 20 years, but with both of us commuting to BOS it wasn't much savings.

Back