A/C Maintenance F/T, O/T, Shift Rules & Vacation system wide

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Since we are suppose to have all the same rules system wide are they really the same?

Overtime? (charging, late call, day off, etc..)
Field trip? (charging, qualifications, etc...)
Bids? ( Duration, days off fixed or rotating, etc...)
Interim openings posted?
Vacation ( rotating selection or one shot pick all)
Any more you care to add to the list please do.

I can not see one size fits all in some applications due to station requirements and/or operational needs.

Any input?

Thanks.

To go along with no PV's, In DFW mechanics were forced back to 8 hour shifts without even a feeble whimper from the TWU. We keep advertising how "Green" AA is collecting soda cans and whatnot, then force the entire M&E to commute an extra day per week? And just in time for $4/gal gas, bravo.

I thought moral was as low as possible, but more senseless punitive management changes keeps proving me wrong. Is there seriously no value to motivating your workforce taught in bean counter college and why aren't the managers that keep making these decisions detrimental to MY company held accountable ?

Reactions: 5 people
We also bank our holidays. We call them Comp days. You work the holiday and choose not to get the holiday pay for it and you take a day off anytime during the year. We are allowed to bank 10 holidays..When you choose to bank you still get paid 8 hours pay for the day you worked and 8 hours paid the day you choose to be off during the year..

I can tell you for a fact that stations do not share like rules on these items. TULE did not even have the same rules per work group. I never even heard of a CS until five years into my employment. American Airlines does NOT allow banking of holidays. That would be a nice thing to have. Frankly, your basically working for 4 hours when you work a holiday, because you can sit home and collect 8 hours of pay. Your reward for giving up your holiday and missing time with your family is a measly 4 hours of pay. Compliments of the TWU. Just wait until you see the sick policy......

I guess I should have been more specific. I would like to know how all the line stations at AA are following the new same rules applies to all or was that just another lie from the twu and the company in order to change the rules they wanted to change.

I can tell you for a fact that stations do not share like rules on these items. TULE did not even have the same rules per work group. I never even heard of a CS until five years into my employment. American Airlines does NOT allow banking of holidays. That would be a nice thing to have. Frankly, your basically working for 4 hours when you work a holiday, because you can sit home and collect 8 hours of pay. Your reward for giving up your holiday and missing time with your family is a measly 4 hours of pay. Compliments of the TWU. Just wait until you see the sick policy......

At US the sick policy is still 1/2 pay for 1st 3 days unless you have 100 sick days on the books. If your over 100 sick days its full pay. So new hires are screwed for their 1st 10 + years. You can accrue up to 150 sick days max, at 10 per year, after that you don't accrue, so the obvious key is if you ever reach that level let your street smarts take over.
We do have a lot of nice perks in our current IAM contract that need to stay when the remaining contracts are transitioned together by whatever union is at the helm. Shift swaps MUST stay for sure.

At US the sick policy is still 1/2 pay for 1st 3 days unless you have 100 sick days on the books. If your over 100 sick days its full pay. So new hires are screwed for their 1st 10 + years. You can accrue up to 150 sick days max, at 10 per year, after that you don't accrue, so the obvious key is if you ever reach that level let your street smarts take over.
We do have a lot of nice perks in our current IAM contract that need to stay when the remaining contracts are transitioned together by whatever union is at the helm. Shift swaps MUST stay for sure.

US's and AA's sick policy is absolutely ridiculous. And would be a strike issue in my mind-even if I was a senior AMT with time at the carrier. These Co's know exactly how to pit the senior guys against the junior AMTs. They do it every time, and the vast majority of the time the new hires get it snapped off in them. AAs payscale & "benefit" program is the laughing stock of the industry.
I guess it's pretty telling..................

We also bank our holidays. We call them Comp days. You work the holiday and choose not to get the holiday pay for it and you take a day off anytime during the year. We are allowed to bank 10 holidays..When you choose to bank you still get paid 8 hours pay for the day you worked and 8 hours paid the day you choose to be off during the year..

Banking of Holidays has been around for a long time. At Eastern we had that as well.

That policy works out to the betterment of all even the company, the jr guy isn't forced to work the holidays since most willl volunteer to get the extra days. Senior guys get more vacation, and after all the days are paid the next yr the company gets to keep all interest of monies in the acount the funds were in. WIN WIN FOR ALL>

I made that an idea in action suggestion here at AA before they took the Holidays and the $$$$ from us.
When we merge I would think that those things will be gone from USAir as well.

AA does not have a pension. so the IAM pension may go as well unless we all voted in the IAM which I don't see the AA mechanics doing. We have a 401k match which is at 5.5% but it has been a rumor that the TWU has made a deal to reduce it back to 3%.

The IAM screwed you during your bk and you now have gotten some of it back but just wait the TWU and AA are about to force you guys at USAir back again into the stone ages. 5 Holidays, .5 pay for sick days. loss of vacation weeks, no pension, and so so much more. You'll like it "NOT"

I hope that you settle with the IAM and USAir before the single carrier status comes effective late this yr.
Because if not you will have yrs of waiting and NONE to little pay increases until a union and the intergration is completed.

The IBT Teamsters are attempting to get cards signed there "PLEASE dont buy into thier LIES.

Of all the industrial unions they are the worst.

At AA we are trying to bring in AMFA, just something you guys at USAir should think about.

Reactions: 1 person
Our CBA was abrogated, there was basically nothing negotiated in the final offer. I know I was there, were you?

to much time to quit

CS at AA is not a negotiated item, it is allowed by the company and can be done away with at any time I too hope that stays but it may not we all will see when the intergration process happens. Is it in your contract at USAir?
If it is I assume that will not be part of the contract with AA, when all is said and done.

Our CBA was abrogated, there was basically nothing negotiated in the final offer. I know I was there, were you?

700UW

But the IAM was in house as the representing union so any fault lies with them. No matter what happened.

The employees got screwed on the IAM's watch.. FACT. Because you were there when they let it happen.

You cant come back and say different because you have said it was AMFA at NWA that was at fault since they were unuion on property. NOT the IAM who gave away all the contracted work.

Reactions: 1 person

Yes I was in a matter of fact, and I remember the IAM having us vote twice to get it right since the members were "confused"....

Still don't understand why you still have so much interest in a company you are no longer involved with.....

If it gets that bad this is not the end of the world. There are other jobs. Aviation is not so great. We work for low pay,crappy health insurance that we pay into, travel benefits that we can't use because the flights are oversold, we work holidays, we work weekends, midnight shift is guaranteed, we take responsibility everyime we sign a log book. We have to do all kinds of training and the airlines never make money and constantly file bankruptcy and blame the employees. Someone on here please tell me what is so great about aviation?

Reactions: 3 people
Yes I was in a matter of fact, and I remember the IAM having us vote twice to get it right since the members were "confused"....

Still don't understand why you still have so much interest in a company you are no longer involved with.....
Wrong chapter 11 case, that was chapter 11 one, not two. Two is where we had our CBA abrogated.

Latest posts