A&P hiring in OKC?

Birdman

Veteran
Nov 14, 2003
I'm leaving American Airlines after 22+ years as a structures/avionics mechanic. Anyone know of any great places to work in the Oklahoma City area.

Thanks Glenn, I've had an app in on USAJobs since early aug. for a position at Tinker. Haven't heard back. What is ICE?

Yes, Kev. I think the FAA may have the contract on that work now. I think ARINC also has a facility at OKC. I am not sure what kind of gig that is.

Yes, Kev. I think the FAA may have the contract on that work now. I think ARINC also has a facility at OKC. I am not sure what kind of gig that is.
Been watching AIRINC jobs quite a while but travel is 75-100%. I believe they do military all over the world so very little home time in OKC.

If you are looking for an aviation job in a city you live, you are in the wrong field. You should be looking for a city you are willing to live in, that has the aviation job you are willing to do.

If you are looking for an aviation job in a city you live, you are in the wrong field. You should be looking for a city you are willing to live in, that has the aviation job you are willing to do.
I live in Tulsa and was wondering if anyone knew of any good jobs in the OKC area. What city would you suggest?

Just a heads up, there is a job fair in Midwest City (suburb of OKC) on Oct. 23 and should have some aviation employers participating.

With 22 years you should have no problem getting picked up. My favorite job sites are jsfirm and indeedjobs.com. Good luck!

Heard it was a shiithole. You will despise it after working at an airline. You will also be shocked.
Bummer. It may be that I know some of the mechanics there that I went through A&P school with in OKC that didn't make the cut at AA back in 90'. Not looking forward to getting out of commercial and into the MRO world but it appears in time it's a done deal.

BTW, good Aristotle quote, had it on my box since the 90's.