A sitdown with Doug Parker and Cranky Flier.

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
"But back to transformation, we can’t forget the past. And it’s really hard to get people to let go, realize the world’s changed, and move forward. A big part of the challenge is just trying to convince people that everything they’ve learned up until now isn’t going to [be the case] in the future.

Specifically to American, the biggest challenge so far vs what I’ve been used to is the labor-management history. That is just hard for people to recognize is behind us. We’ve brought in a lot of new management, and the people who couldn’t quite get there went and did something else, but it’s really hard with the employees. It’s really hard to trust management that the world has changed and that we shouldn’t view each other as enemies instead of as on the same team. It’s going really well, I’m not discouraged by it, but it’s just fascinating on how that history is so hard to get past. But we will."

http://crankyflier.com/2016/02/02/american-ceo-doug-parker-goes-across-the-aisle-to-discuss-the-most-important-part-of-his-job/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

WeAAsles said:
"But back to transformation, we can’t forget the past. And it’s really hard to get people to let go, realize the world’s changed, and move forward. A big part of the challenge is just trying to convince people that everything they’ve learned up until now isn’t going to [be the case] in the future.

Specifically to American, the biggest challenge so far vs what I’ve been used to is the labor-management history. That is just hard for people to recognize is behind us. We’ve brought in a lot of new management, and the people who couldn’t quite get there went and did something else, but it’s really hard with the employees. It’s really hard to trust management that the world has changed and that we shouldn’t view each other as enemies instead of as on the same team. It’s going really well, I’m not discouraged by it, but it’s just fascinating on how that history is so hard to get past. But we will."

http://crankyflier.com/2016/02/02/american-ceo-doug-parker-goes-across-the-aisle-to-discuss-the-most-important-part-of-his-job/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

BS

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:

dude what gate is that kool aid stand on?

dfw gen said:
dude what gate is that kool aid stand on?

What, at this moment you're not seeing the humor in his comments?

"I just don't understand? They should like me"

Profit sharing
4% not given
Prefunding match

I like Guinness beer personally.

We're not team members you give no profit shareing. where is our pre fund match. Why did you not give the 4 percent to everybody. Sounds like the same old same old to me

Reactions: 10 people
they didnt give us the 4% to encourage us to get to the table so they can drag it out for years and dangle that carrot. and then tell us how we ARE SOOOOO much better off with the raise we will get one day over the rainbow, then if they gave us a raise  before Delta got their 14.5% raise.

The point is that if Parker is moving his lips, he is lying.

When all of this merger first happened, I had great hope the culture at our airline would change from the the one that lies to its employees and doesn't care about them. Parker talked a good game.

But, as we can all see, for some groups at the new AA especially the airline mechanics, it is still the same lying and deceitful company it always was, only now it is worse because we also have a representative that is completely unresponsive, even more so than the previous one. The company runs us over and the association lets it happen.

MEANWHILE, WE HAVE HERO MECHANICS, you know who you are. The company holds them up for everyone to see, these people are proud of what they have accomplished, while the company sticks a hot poker in their behinds. 

Sad....

Reactions: 9 people
AA-MRO.COM said:
Thanks for the TEU on my last check.
BLOW ME !
Our representatives like to go out and march on MLK day, but they dishonor the man and are hypocrites.

He said, 

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

Nowhere can this be seen more so then in the mistreatment of the membership, especially the airline mechanics by the association.

IMG_4132r.jpg

DallasConehead said:
The point is that if Parker is moving his lips, he is lying.

When all of this merger first happened, I had great hope the culture at our airline would change from the the one that lies to its employees and doesn't care about them. Parker talked a good game.

But, as we can all see, for some groups at the new AA especially the airline mechanics, it is still the same lying and deceitful company it always was, only now it is worse because we also have a representative that is completely unresponsive, even more so than the previous one. The company runs us over and the association lets it happen.

MEANWHILE, WE HAVE HERO MECHANICS, you know who you are. The company holds them up for everyone to see, these people are proud of what they have accomplished, while the company sticks a hot poker in their behinds. 

Sad....

Well said !
I ultimately blame the union leadership for being the docile union all of these years while the company treated us like dirt both then and now. Leaders are needed like Local 100 President Roger Toussaint who had the balls and the willingness to tell the troops where and when without fearing the consequences of his actions. We do not have that in the air transport division. What we do have are spineless cowards who were appointed to their positions and line their own pockets with no regard for the membership or the decimation of our contract. And here we are again back at the table paying for our own raise as the time drags on.
This place will never change no matter who is charge its like being on the merry go round at the circus....

Reactions: 1 person
AA-MRO.COM said:
Well said !
I ultimately blame the union leadership for being the docile union all of these years while the company treated us like dirt both then and now. Leaders are needed like Local 100 President Roger Toussaint who had the balls and the willingness to tell the troops where and when without fearing the consequences of his actions. We do not have that in the air transport division. What we do have are spineless cowards who were appointed to their positions and line their own pockets with no regard for the membership or the decimation of our contract. And here we are again back at the table paying for our own raise as the time drags on.
This place will never change no matter who is charge its like being on the merry go round at the circus....

You might want to ask Roger if he regrets his decision personally today? Just saying.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/toussaint-cabbie-article-1.1443280

Or the mechanic who freaked out on YouTube too for that matter.

WeAAsles said:
You might want to ask Roger if he regrets his decision personally today? Just saying.http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/toussaint-cabbie-article-1.1443280
Just to expand on this a little. When Local 100 was fined Millions of Dollars for their actions did the membership draw arms and shut the city down again and say "To HELL you're fineing our Union"

NO.

When that mechanic spoke up and vented the frustration that we all felt, did anyone walk off the job as a showing of support after he was fired?

NO.

As a matter of fact he came on here asking his Brothers to support him and he was mocked and laughed at.

So where's the Union strength really lacking?

WeAAsles said:
You might want to ask Roger if he regrets his decision personally today? Just saying.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/toussaint-cabbie-article-1.1443280

read the article yet failed to see if he regretted his decision....
The mechanic that voiced his opinion was not led to do so he did it on his own no one backed him up because when he turned around he was the only one standing in front of the camera not a great idea.
Just read a letter from Peterson how the company is once again violating the CBA as it intends to use ramp service to ride brakes in places such as LGA BOS MCO etc...
Like I said they crap on our CBA and the unions only response is to grieve it. A year later maybe it will get rectified....
Great job

Reactions: 3 people
AA-MRO.COM said:
read the article yet failed to see if he regretted his decision....
The mechanic that voiced his opinion was not led to do so he did it on his own no one backed him up because when he turned around he was the only one standing in front of the camera not a great idea.
Just read a letter from Peterson how the company is once again violating the CBA as it intends to use ramp service to ride brakes in places such as LGA BOS MCO etc...
Like I said they crap on our CBA and the unions only response is to grieve it. A year later maybe it will get rectified....
Great job
You're missing the point. In the end NO ONE backed these two guys up. Local 100 members can cripple NYC to get what they want but if Government goes after their Union all you get is crickets.

Same with that mechanic. Off the wall or not NO ONE backed him. And be honest. We all cheered for what he did because we all felt the same way.

Having strong leaders is great but if the army they lead are all cowering weaklings, then that leader is an idiot to try and go to war.