A330-200 MCO-CLT

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
I found this interesting::

US 2008 6:45 AM (MCO) 8:37 AM (CLT) 332

Is it just me or is this pretty cool?

So will there be a long discussion of US using vendors at MCO like we saw in the PHX thread?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
So will there be a long discussion of US using vendors at MCO like we saw in the PHX thread?

Josh

MCO has been getting widebodies for years, they are trained and have the equipment.

988301_10202101957014543_1836277370_n.jpg

Not trolling its a reasonable question. I didn't know US sent widebodies to MCO but not PHX, one of their hubs. Did they ever send 762/330 to MIA?

Josh

Yes, the A330 was in MIA extensively during proving runs and scheduled service when the planes were first gotten, and MIA use to see the 767s all the time from CLT.

Interesting. Surprising you say MIA, that has never been a big market for US and is a small station.

Ever to BOS? We had widebody AA to LAX, AA to MIA and DL to ATL in the past few years

Josh

MIA was the base for the Florida Shuttle under Piedmont.

US ran a daily 767 from PIT-CLT-MIA.

Airbus has a big training center down there, thats why it was used from proving runs.

MIA use to be a crew base from PI, and shortly for US, when I hired in TPA, I went to MIA for my paperwork and IDs.

US flew BOS-FRA for a bit. Not sure what domestic routing was used.

TPA use to see regular 767 service, both LGW flights originated from TPA, one to CLT-LGW and one to BWI-LGW.

Also LAX use to see the 767 all the time, they had the wash and buff out there for it and we used TWA's hangar for the nightly check on them at LAX.

BDA has seen the 767 service before also.

Interesting. Surprising you say MIA, that has never been a big market for US and is a small station.

Ever to BOS? We had widebody AA to LAX, AA to MIA and DL to ATL in the past few years

Josh

USAirways had a hub in MIA via Piedmont, long before AAmerican. They pulled down service (similar to the PSA debacle) after merging.

USAirways made a habit of shutting down any profitable service they didnt think of?

Brilliant....

when i worked in bos in 99 to 00 we had a 76 it to fra and sometimes the routing was a 734 mia to clt then a 76 to fra via bos i never worked it myself but i knew people then who did.... but it was not long before that when bos fra was given to nwa who then used a dc10 to ams from bos

MIA was the base for the Florida Shuttle under Piedmont.

US ran a daily 767 from PIT-CLT-MIA.

Airbus has a big training center down there, thats why it was used from proving runs.

MIA use to be a crew base from PI, and shortly for US, when I hired in TPA, I went to MIA for my paperwork and IDs.

US flew BOS-FRA for a bit. Not sure what domestic routing was used.

TPA use to see regular 767 service, both LGW flights originated from TPA, one to CLT-LGW and one to BWI-LGW.

Also LAX use to see the 767 all the time, they had the wash and buff out there for it and we used TWA's hangar for the nightly check on them at LAX.

BDA has seen the 767 service before also.

Flew a 767 to LAS years ago as a substitute for a 757. They managed to work it with no problem. It got a fair amount of attention from the employees who had never seen one in US livery.

Latest posts