AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

bob@las-aa; Did you hear the comments made by GP that there is stuff in the T/A that people are not going to like? They put out all the positive stuff, what are the negatives? Be sure you read it all before just voting strictly on the money, holidays or sick bank, what the job scope will be going forward will be a BIG thing. The system/station protection is just a scam. Marketing drives the flight schedule, fleet type flying in/out of any station drives headcount. Recall to stations is changing,
so reading and understanding how it will all work will be seen when we get the full txt version.
What is the recall to stations changing to? Being on layoff status I would love to know that..... I had no intent on going back but you never know.

bob@las-aa; Did you hear the comments made by GP that there is stuff in the T/A that people are not going to like? They put out all the positive stuff, what are the negatives? Be sure you read it all before just voting strictly on the money, holidays or sick bank, what the job scope will be going forward will be a BIG thing. The system/station protection is just a scam. Marketing drives the flight schedule, fleet type flying in/out of any station drives headcount. Recall to stations is changing,
so reading and understanding how it will all work will be seen when we get the full txt version.
Are you some kind of half wit or something? What did you expect??!! Lots of people are going to be angry because they didn't get the free lifetime membership to "Sam's Club" in the AIP. BP did say that not all items will have God rays and Cherubs flying overhead of them. C-mon man!! get you head out of your a$$, the odds of creating a AIP that everyone will agree on is so remote that you can call in impossible. This is as good as its going to get dude, some will like it, some will not. Vote yes people!!!

Are you some kind of half wit or something? What did you expect??!! Lots of people are going to be angry because they didn't get the free lifetime membership to "Sam's Club" in the AIP. BP did say that not all items will have God rays and Cherubs flying overhead of them. C-mon man!! get you head out of your a$$, the odds of creating a AIP that everyone will agree on is so remote that you can call in impossible. This is as good as its going to get dude, some will like it, some will not. Vote yes people!!!
As soon as everyone on both sides of the association realize that this is not a JCBA then we will move forward. It's a streamlining agreement with many IAM and TWU items still in place. It's still us and them, you and me, TWU and IAM. We kept some things and lost since things. Some articles were modified and changed. That's the bottom line.
This agreement is so far gone from the ILC that was promised from the company and association. Over four years of negotiations and we got beaten down to the point where the membership is ready to vote for anything. So sad but one must think if this was the plan from the get go. Since the announcement of the AIP all we got was that we are still putting it together. Sounds like negotiations are still in progress. I'm sure we are near the end but still negotiating. Then it goes to legal for review. Then it comes back to the negotiating committee. Then distribution and printing. Then I would expect a road show with plenty of Q&A's to be had. The last part is the million dollar question.
WHAT IS THE VOTING PROCESS?
No one from the association has given a definitive answer yet. Why?

As soon as everyone on both sides of the association realize that this is not a JCBA then we will move forward. It's a streamlining agreement with many IAM and TWU items still in place. It's still us and them, you and me, TWU and IAM. We kept some things and lost since things. Some articles were modified and changed. That's the bottom line.
This agreement is so far gone from the ILC that was promised from the company and association. Over four years of negotiations and we got beaten down to the point where the membership is ready to vote for anything. So sad but one must think if this was the plan from the get go. Since the announcement of the AIP all we got was that we are still putting it together. Sounds like negotiations are still in progress. I'm sure we are near the end but still negotiating. Then it goes to legal for review. Then it comes back to the negotiating committee. Then distribution and printing. Then I would expect a road show with plenty of Q&A's to be had. The last part is the million dollar question.
WHAT IS THE VOTING PROCESS?
No one from the association has given a definitive answer yet. Why?

YES. It was planned out this way from the get go. Companies love to starve out the membership from their raises long enough to get the first offer thru clean as a whistle. SWA tried it with us when they first tried to low-ball us with the first offer not being full retro, bonus not equaling what we missed in the 6 plus years, raises not being offered on all outgoing years, and of course they wanted to try and change the contract date shorting us another 37 million.
It really is just sad with how all this has turned out. With the CORIV-19 and Max issue at hand, as well as the "NO confidence" in this asso. it might better suit you mechs to go ahead and vote for it as long as you guys are successful in firing this pathetic ass. afterwards.
Yes, this is FAR from ILC indeed and both sides know this. The sad part is the asso. will, once again, agree to it in order to fend off the lawsuit against them, so they will, once again, completely screw the members to save their own arses. This will never stop until you guys get enough balls to fire them and get a C&C union to represent you guys. Also correct that they are still nego. the written language as we speak and admitted by several local leaders within their updates to their membership.
By holding the one day, vote in person, intimidation, undemocratic way of voting, I am positive the cards will flow enough to get'er done this time around and probably rather quickly once the contract vote is done and over with.
Her's a good question, do you guys see a vote before summer by the way they are moving so slowly?

You lost your recall too many posts on this website..
1200px-Emojione_1F602.svg.png

Her's a good question, do you guys see a vote before summer by the way they are moving so slowly?

Yes. Last summer was a fiasco, and Parker can’t afford a repeat. The stakes are high for him, and he knows it. The vote will happen before summer. That said, AA is still a poorly managed company. Nothing will change until Parker leaves. 2020 summer will be no better than the last 3 summers. It won’t be the mechanics doing. It will be from AA’s lack of leadership. But, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe the Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer will right the ship.

there goes swamt blah blah I know what IM talking about .....when the contract comes out ..then everyone has free rain to read and ponder . alot of words are spoken as if WE know and how we are voting . We will find out soon enough. Then swamt and everyone else will know .....let the games begin.

there goes swamt blah blah I know what IM talking about .....when the contract comes out ..then everyone has free rain to read and ponder . alot of words are spoken as if WE know and how we are voting . We will find out soon enough. Then swamt and everyone else will know .....let the games begin.
Thats if the association doesnt drag it out long enough and the caroavirus doesnt push the whole **** show over the edge.

free rain?

Not going to name the source because I’ve not seen an official email but have heard the vote will be very close to the end of this month.

Reactions: swamt
Not going to name the source because I’ve not seen an official email but have heard the vote will be very close to the end of this month.

IAM representatives in several locations have said the 26th. One day voting at their Lodges.

IAM representatives in several locations have said the 26th. One day voting at their Lodges.
TWU has locals not lodges. So how is the vote going to be conducted?
No official release from the association because the TWU never voted in person at the local with a one day window. More corruption from the TWU. The TWU won't be honest and upfront with it's membership.