AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

What's truly mind boggling is how the TWU leadership (Peterson, Garcia) and all the others folded like a cheap ass tent.
Waiting for the next Peterson YouTube video. This time I hope him and Samuelson will both be shouting and threatening the membership to vote NO.

View attachment 15054 View attachment 15055 View attachment 15056 View attachment 15057 View attachment 15058 What is missing from all of these pics. This is the AMFA National Board Members. This will change when American Airlines takes over.

Aviation Junkie, How little you know about AMFA, If you read the BIOS of these men you would realise the National Director is already a AA Mechanic.
Why would you think that the leader would be required to be changed? If he is the BEST man for the job, then he should stay. Why would you want to replace them with ideology of the TWU? The TWU has been a failure here, and until the membership figures out what the real meaning of UNION is when/IF we become part of AMFA the mindset of each one of AA's membership will have to change. The IGM attitude and the stabbing of fellow union members in the back for a paid lunch days will be over.

The actual point here is escaping many of you.
Those that make up the Association cannot remove Samuelson.
It takes a Convention vote and TWU Local 100 controls the Convention.
Samuelson is a Track Layer and Local 100 is Ground Transportation yet they control
the Air Transport Division of the TWU .
Or voting in AMFA for title 1 and 2.
Better than a Copperfield magic act.

View attachment 15054 View attachment 15055 View attachment 15056 View attachment 15057 View attachment 15058 What is missing from all of these pics. This is the AMFA National Board Members. This will change when American Airlines takes over.
Yes it might or might not. At least the entire membership will have a vote. That's the beauty of a democratic class and craft union.
With AMFA we as members can make our own choices for union representation. With the TWU they decide for us in our best interest. It's like your parents making all the adult decisions for us because we are not nature enough to do so.
Reminds me of a famous quote.
"Teach your children how to think not what to think".

Tired of amfa stuff on the negotiations page, go to the amfa page and post all you want.

P.REZ I for one am Tired of the TWU, and all of the membership around the system who have signed cards each time we have had a card drive are as well.

Can you say that this current card drive did not speed up the process of us getting a T/A? The Association has been jerking us around for yrs now.
From what I see the IAM told the TWU just sit down shut up we will get our guys the best we can and you can keep collecting your dues since that is all you care about.

unfortunately with the association we dont use economist, and external lawyers and negotiators.

you didn't need them. the spin is:

the assoc. really got you a 19.1% raise on DOS. from $42.39/hr to $50.49/hr. not counting the licenses..etc.

unfortunately, then the company put everything into reverse and subtracted 3% for delta profit sharing.

i feel bad for stores. they got a 7.4% raise on DOS. it really would have been 10.4% on DOS. a $3+/hr raise. but then they also had to give up 3% for delta's profit sharing.

i can't believe half the stuff i read here.

it is a question. why would they give us the carrot before the pilots and flight attendants? you would think there is value to the other groups in negotiations.
Cause we're the first ones up and because they are probably sick of hearing about DL profit sharing.....so they are saying here it is now stfu.....i guess

Aviation Junkie, How little you know about AMFA, If you read the BIOS of these men you would realise the National Director is already a AA Mechanic.
Why would you think that the leader would be required to be changed? If he is the BEST man for the job, then he should stay. Why would you want to replace them with ideology of the TWU? The TWU has been a failure here, and until the membership figures out what the real meaning of UNION is when/IF we become part of AMFA the mindset of each one of AA's membership will have to change. The IGM attitude and the stabbing of fellow union members in the back for a paid lunch days will be over.

All due respect, but you are really good at reading things really wrong.

I didn’t see a pro-TWU post at all. AviationJunkie is looking for representation that more closely reflects AA’s demographics. Spoiler alert: there’s more than just middle aged white guys turning wrenches. ✌️

You have to be a complete idiot to vote no to this TA and then say bring in AMFA and continue losing money for a undetermined amount of time. I am all for switching to AMFA. But to continue losing money would make us the laughing stock of the Aviation World.

What happens to this T/A will depend on each member, everyone has a opinion of what they will accept. Bringing AMFA here to replace the TWU, you are correct that would be a GOOD thing. But with all the yrs I have in the Industry, (AA's TWU) has NOT been the laughing stock it's been the cause of all the NEGATIVE BS this industry has suffered. The TWU never taught new members what it really means to be in a Union. The festering way of thinking that has been here for over 30yrs of IGM needs a Reboot. Start over,

Latest posts

Back