AA and US merger?

God help us if this happens!!!!

damaj...your plead for God's help should be more centered around your present Chapter 11 travails and all that that entails and less about US Airways. Y'all's plate is full enough over there to be worried about US. Just a thought.

The AA creditors' committee and AA management are likely to be no more receptive to Drunken Parker's advances than were Delta's creditors' committee and management. Parker desperately wants to run a world-class airline but IMO, he won't win control of AA.
The unions at AA are on the creditors committee. I see them as protecting their own as much as they can.

The unions at AA are on the creditors committee. I see them as protecting their own as much as they can.
What is the break down of unions on the creditors committee?And who else is on the committee?Does anybody have the list ?

What is the break down of unions on the creditors committee?And who else is on the committee?Does anybody have the list ?

follow the link it should take you to the case and the docket list I searched for committee and found the list in #128

Docket #128

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AND REQUEST FOR NOTICE
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to Rules 2002 and 9010(B) of the Rules
of Bankruptcy Procedure, and 11 U.S.C. §1109(B), the undersigned attorney appears for the Air
Line Pilots Association (“ALPA”), a creditor and party in interest in this case, and requests that
all notice given or required to be given in this action and all related actions, be given and served
upon the following:

ALPA is sticking their nose in it
Doc 118

The AA creditors' committee and AA management are likely to be no more receptive to Drunken Parker's advances than were Delta's creditors' committee and management. Parker desperately wants to run a world-class airline but IMO, he won't win control of AA.
[/quote

I imagine that One World wants AA to stay as is. Expect a major cash infusion to help AA get through Chap 11 and emerge stronger.

I imagine that One World wants AA to stay as is. Expect a major cash infusion to help AA get through Chap 11 and emerge stronger.
At what point can One World etal make such an infusion. during or after bankruptcy?

You are correct. The entire BK seems to have been set up to avoid any hostile takeover attempt from Dougweiser. From the $4B cash on hand (now apparently $4.8B) to having all of the unions on the creditors committee etc..

I view this as a positive for the employees of AA. It shows that AA is not interested in a merger with USAirways. It is also promising that our new CEO isn't already "dropping hints" ala Glenn Tilton that AA "needs" to merge in order to survive.

January will be a critical month, information wise, to the employees. Horton will unveil his late Christmas wish lists and we will all see what type of operation and vision he has for this airline going forward.

Point of order... oneworld has no money. Individual carriers or IAG (holding company owner of BA & IB) could invest at any time, but can't hold more than 25% ownership.

john john said:
ALPA is sticking their nose in it
Doc 118

ALPA is "sticking their nose into it" because they have members at Eagle who are affected by the filing. Ironic that a union organizing enthusiast like you would be ignorant as to which unions were on the property...

http://www.whitleylawgroup.com/blog/2011/12/texas-based-amr-may-seek-merger.shtml

http://www.whitleylawgroup.com/blog/2011/12/texas-based-amr-may-seek-merger.shtml
Yes, it is dated Nov. 30/2011, I believe circumstances have change since then. Going in with 4.1 billion and as noted now 4.88 billion cash. Oneworld membership as someone mentioined, etc... although it was made clear that One World has no money, but the participants could.

Yes, it is dated Nov. 30/2011, I believe circumstances have change since then. Going in with 4.1 billion and as noted now 4.88 billion cash. Oneworld membership as someone mentioined, etc... although it was made clear that One World has no money, but the participants could.
I guess it's a done deal........ I hope we (AA) will be brought up to US pay scale. I bet an announcement will come in Jan.

Individual carriers or IAG (holding company owner of BA & IB) could invest at any time, but can't hold more than 25% ownership.

Isn't that no more than 25% control (voting shares) but no more than 50% ownership (total shares)? That applies to all foreign stockholders combined, not just the biggest foreign investor, although it is often the case that one big investor triggers an investigation of compliance (re: Virgin America/Richard Branson).

Jim

Latest posts

Back