Aa Drops Jfk - Phx & Jfk - Lgb

Not great news. AA is still matching price. Keeping their market share and flying our customers to there prefered airport LAX. The good news, might be that LGB will be a little less crowded for JB.

I think they are going to try to take up as much slack as they can in dfw from dl., before someone else does.

downline7 said:
will we get those two LGB slots?
[post="187538"][/post]​

Doubtful. jetBlue's slot ponzi scheme with the LGB-OAK service ticked lots of people off at the City Council.

If no one else wants them, then its possible. But, I'll betcha Alaska makes a play for them.

Fubijaakr said:
But, I'll betcha Alaska makes a play for them.
[post="188014"][/post]​

Remember that these slots first belonged to JB. If you recall, the additional slots that were awarded to AA & AS were contingent upon those two airlines actually using them. The agreement states that if these slots are not used, they then are to revert back to JB. The slots do not go back up for renegotiation. I'm sure JB will find a use for them.

v1rotate said:
Remember that these slots first belonged to JB. If you recall, the additional slots that were awarded to AA & AS were contingent upon those two airlines actually using them. The agreement states that if these slots are not used, they then are to revert back to JB. The slots do not go back up for renegotiation. I'm sure JB will find a use for them.
[post="188089"][/post]​

Two things:

AA hasn't stopped using the slots yet, and they are not city-specific. Nothing requires that AA fly JFK-LGB to retain them. DFW or ORD could be flown with these slots.

B6 might get the slots back, but AA is using them thru Nov. 1. I expect the slots to be used by AA for DFW flights, but I may be mistaken.

v1rotate said:
The agreement states that if these slots are not used, they then are to revert back to JB. The slots do not go back up for renegotiation. I'm sure JB will find a use for them.
[post="188089"][/post]​

Actually, the slots belong to LGB, not jetBlue. I guess the City Council can do bloody well what they want with them.

FWAAA said:
Two things:

AA hasn't stopped using the slots yet, and they are not city-specific. Nothing requires that AA fly JFK-LGB to retain them. DFW or ORD could be flown with these slots.

B6 might get the slots back, but AA is using them thru Nov. 1. I expect the slots to be used by AA for DFW flights, but I may be mistaken.
[post="188119"][/post]​

FWAAA

You are quite correct. It is true that AA might just "re-deploy" those slots to another city other than JFK. My bad. In such a case, the slots would indeed remain to AA. However, if those slots go unused, they would revert back to JB.

Fubijaakr said:
Actually, the slots belong to LGB, not jetBlue. I guess the City Council can do bloody well what they want with them.
[post="188154"][/post]​

Not true.

Several slots were given, under agreement, to AA and AS after both airlines made much noise about wanting slots that nobody else wanted after JB said they would take them all. Do not forget that these original slots did indeed belong to JB, with the blessing of the LGB City Council. Under an amended agreement, AA and AS would be allowed a certain amount of slots as long as they were actively used. The agreement goes on to say that if AA or AS do not actually use the slots, they automatically revert back to JB. In other words, use em or lose em to the original owner.

I say good riddance to JFK-LGB. I would rather see AA use the A/C for routes to Europe or Latin Am.

I wouldn't get too excited about AA dropping the JFK-PHX flight either. Its been a money loser for AA for a long time and keeps trying to make it work. Its probably not a reaction to Jetblue just a repositioning of aircraft.

Latest posts