Aa Drops Jfk - Phx & Jfk - Lgb

lpbrian said:
I say good riddance to JFK-LGB. I would rather see AA use the A/C for routes to Europe or Latin Am.
[post="188545"][/post]​

And I'm sure AA will be redeploying those 75s to CDG and BUE in the very near future... NOT! Unfortunately, they will be used on another money-losing domestic route because the legacy carriers have yet to figure out a way to make money.

v1rotate said:
Not true.

Several slots were given, under agreement, to AA and AS after both airlines made much noise about wanting slots that nobody else wanted after JB said they would take them all. Do not forget that these original slots did indeed belong to JB, with the blessing of the LGB City Council. Under an amended agreement, AA and AS would be allowed a certain amount of slots as long as they were actively used. The agreement goes on to say that if AA or AS do not actually use the slots, they automatically revert back to JB. In other words, use em or lose em to the original owner.
[post="188272"][/post]​

You are correct. Below is an article from the Long Beach newspaper from 3 days ago saying that AA is returning the slots and that under the agreement, B6 has first dibs on them. The city says that AA has provided no official notice of abandonment, but I suspect it is coming:

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,141...2448054,00.html

DCAflyer said:
And I'm sure AA will be redeploying those 75s to CDG and BUE in the very near future... NOT! Unfortunately, they will be used on another money-losing domestic route because the legacy carriers have yet to figure out a way to make money.
[post="188738"][/post]​

Yep, when we're all at Jetblue compensation pakages, the money will be pouring in the door. :rolleyes:

Just like AA's failed effort to put competitive pressure on jetBlue in the JFK-OAK market, they could not justify the continuing losses on the JFK-LGB service. Not only was it a big money loser for AA (like the OAK service) but jetBlue held a revenue premium on that market. For jetBlue this market will only improve as the total seat capacity is reduced and as yields will go up. In addition, jetBlue will get back those two slots and use them to grow new markets out of LGB. I wouldn't be surprised if they start LGB-DFW service in the not too distant future and try and push AA out of LGB entirely. Can't blame AA for trying to respond to jetBlue's coup in Long Beach back in 2001, but it was more than they could handle and once again jetBlue withstood the assault by AA. For some of you to try and paint this as something else is not being intellectually honest with the facts of the matter. Just as jetBlue got its butt kicked out of Atlanta by AirTran (not Delta) and admitted to that fact, so should AA in this case.

Speedbird said:
Just like AA's failed effort to put competitive pressure on jetBlue in the JFK-OAK market, they could not justify the continuing losses on the JFK-LGB service. Not only was it a big money loser for AA (like the OAK service) but jetBlue held a revenue premium on that market. For jetBlue this market will only improve as the total seat capacity is reduced and as yields will go up. In addition, jetBlue will get back those two slots and use them to grow new markets out of LGB. I wouldn't be surprised if they start LGB-DFW service in the not too distant future and try and push AA out of LGB entirely. Can't blame AA for trying to respond to jetBlue's coup in Long Beach back in 2001, but it was more than they could handle and once again jetBlue withstood the assault by AA. For some of you to try and paint this as something else is not being intellectually honest with the facts of the matter. Just as jetBlue got its butt kicked out of Atlanta by AirTran (not Delta) and admitted to that fact, so should AA in this case.
[post="191043"][/post]​

I recall Jet Blue's spin on the Atlanta retreat being identical to AA's in LGB. How do you know AA is not recycling those 2 slots to ORD or DFW/

Oneflyer said:
I wouldn't get too excited about AA dropping the JFK-PHX flight either. Its been a money loser for AA for a long time and keeps trying to make it work. Its probably not a reaction to Jetblue just a repositioning of aircraft.
[post="188611"][/post]​
It was directed to dropping yields on AWA for doing that to the JFK-LAX market.

AAviator said:
Yep, when we're all at Jetblue compensation pakages, the money will be pouring in the door. :rolleyes:
[post="189356"][/post]​

True. However, the pilots won't be getting any of it.

Considering how AA went to great efforts to try and block jetBlue's wholesale acquisition of LGB's remaining slots. It has become a much more public drubbing than what jetBlue experienced in Atlanta. Besides jetBlue is supposd to make those kind of freshman mistakes, but certainly not American!

American found by matching fares people actually prefered LAX over LGB. Less crowded but farther out of the way. AA may not fly JFK-LGB, but they are flying 11 JFK-LAX flights and matching JB fares. AA wont be losing any ground or sleep.

DCAflyer said:
[post="188738"][/post]​

Oh ...you mean paying the employees with a liveable wage and benefits. Believe me one day your eyes will open....but...of course you'll still be living in that crap commuter dump with 10 other people and your hero will be gone to live off of the goods you never thought you wanted...a home, a good car and some time to enjoy it.

DCAflyer said:
[post="188738"][/post]​

Oh wait a minute...they already told you you weren't worth anything...so i guess you shouldn't be surprised. Now go back to sleep.

stewbear said:
Oh wait a minute...they already told you you weren't worth anything...so i guess you shouldn't be surprised. Now go back to sleep.
[post="192845"][/post]​

If you are going to reply to my message, at least respond to what I was saying. I simply responded to lpbrian's message about redeploying the A/C to Europe. Ain't gonna happen with those 75's, plain and simple.

For the record, I do not work for jetBlue... never have.

Latest posts