AA employees get 4% raises

dfw gen said:
actually worst because then I have the twu negotiationing for me again. Not sure I can afford that
Here's the problem
There isn't a viable option right now.
The good news is, it's going to be Extremly difficult for whoever is negotiating the JCBA to mess it up.
The company is falling all over itself to give us DL + 7% pay rates. That's a pretty good floor to have in place and will keep a lot of folks happy.

Of course there will always be the negative Nancy's , there just will be.

NYer said:
Less competition doesn't equal more profits. Good grief.

Less costs equal more profits.
Oh it doesn't?! Wow some people really missed business 101. I guess monopolies aren't profitable either?! Haha this too much..No wonder from posts like yours and 700 unions are looked at so bad. The negotiators don't even understand the basic fundamentals at the table.

You are clearly the one who has no clue about business.

Amtrak has a monopoly in the passenger railroads yet it loses billions every year.

The Post Office has a monopoly on mail and loses billions every year.

Shall I continue?

CMH_GSE said:
Talk about going off on tangents, please, shut the front door.

Believe me, you're not making the case, it won't even be close once we vote.

TWU has its own share of issues, but for right now, if Vegas was handicapping , they would be the heavy favorite.

You might think it would be better your way, not nearly enough will be willing to try the beautiful new utopia of unionism.

I've already said elsewhere on these boards, TWU will likely be the chosen Union, buying them about a year, maybe less to get a contract that keeps the majority happy.
If they fail, they will likely be replaced.

You can hate the process, it is what it is.

The movement to change them is 54 years old...gimme a break.

It's funny how much of the same folks that have spent years on these pages talking negatively about the TWU are suddenly so sure they would win an election. On the other hand, that might be because they've seen how difficult it has been to get AMFA in.

700UW said:
You are clearly the one who has no clue about business.

Amtrak has a monopoly in the passenger railroads yet it loses billions every year.

The Post Office has a monopoly on mail and loses billions every year.

Shall I continue?
Are you that $%&* dumb? Does the us post office compete with ups and fedex or internet mail. Does amtrak compete with greyhound and the airlines? Please check box yes or no. I dont think you could even do that much however.
l

CMH_GSE said:
Here's the problem
There isn't a viable option right now.
The good news is, it's going to be Extremly difficult for whoever is negotiating the JCBA to mess it up.
The company is falling all over itself to give us DL + 7% pay rates. That's a pretty good floor to have in place and will keep a lot of folks happy.

Of course there will always be the negative Nancy's , there just will be.

Some on these pages want 40%....they believe 7% above DL is just not nearly enough.

Does Amtrak have any passenger train competition?

Does the Post Office have real competition on first class mail?

What about the water, electric and power companies who have monopolies, they arent always profitable now are they?

NYer said:

Some on these pages want 40%....they believe 7% above DL is just not nearly enough.
I'd love 40% as well but if I was a negotiator and asked the company for that I would have to be somewhat insulted as the negotiators for the company, snickered, shake their heads and walk out of the room trying to maintain their composure.

Then I'd be wondering why they haven't called me in the last few weeks since?

"Was it something I said?"

And WN doesnt use the same businsess model as legacies, now do they?

And they parked planes even new deliveries after 9/11 and offered early outs.

WN has had great management over the years with a great business plan.

Has DL, AA, US, UA, CO, NW or any other legacy posted profits for over 25 years straight?

The proof is in the facts, no legacy has and had to use Chapter 11 to remain in business.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

And WN is having its problems as you have stated time after time.

If you are going to be a liar you better have a good memory, and you dont.
WN is indeed moving toward the LEGACY business model, not the other way around.

And the legacy carriers are driving the majority of the profits in the US industry.

again, union's harping on the fear of unprofitability is actually resulting in lower total compensation.

Black Magic said:
Oh it doesn't?! Wow some people really missed business 101. I guess monopolies aren't profitable either?! Haha this too much..No wonder from posts like yours and 700 unions are looked at so bad. The negotiators don't even understand the basic fundamentals at the table.

I supposed cutting corporate taxes creates jobs, too?

Black Magic said:
You tell me?? Tax the shiz out of corporation and watch it relocate to another country and give those people the jobs.

Yeah. I thought so.

It's easy to pick out the Conservatives.

It has nothing to do based on being conservative or liberal it is a about truthful facts. But since liberal democrats base their votes and business practices on "what feels good emotions" they never understand it.

Latest posts

Back