AA may buy longest-range Airbus to replace aging 757-200s

Jim, in the thread title, you mention replacing the 737-200's, do you guys still have these 37-200's? That would seem crazy to me if you guys still have some. We dumped our 200's years ago. But I guess AA doesn't put on as many cycles as we do.
My mistake! Should have said, 757-200s

Jim, in the thread title, you mention replacing the 737-200's, do you guys still have these 37-200's? That would seem crazy to me if you guys still have some. We dumped our 200's years ago. But I guess AA doesn't put on as many cycles as we do.

I think Jim wanted to type 757 but mistakenly typed 737 in the title. We got rid of the 737-200's,737 -300's and BAE 146's we acquired with the merger of AA and AirCal back in the early 90's.

Our 757's still out perform the A321. There are cities that the A319 and A321 can not fly in and out compared to the 757 with the RR's.
I had these conversations with our pilots who flew and still fly the 757.
In my opinion since I don't know the performance specs of the NEO but I'd say the new A321 NEO still can't go places that the 757 can of over 30 years of service. One wonders why Boeing killed the 757. Airbus kept the A320 family going which out played Boeing. The 737 reached it's useful life.

75s i remember cld cross country even on bad weather days whereas the 321s had to refuel in the midwest. Does the 321 still refuel on bad days or no

75s i remember cld cross country even on bad weather days whereas the 321s had to refuel in the midwest. Does the 321 still refuel on bad days or no
Not sure about that particular scenario but they are weight restricted often on the return trip back from Hawaii. Sometimes they can't go full on the transcons between JFK and LAX during to headwinds.

Reactions: robbedagain

The 321s can be a problem on long hauls but its usually weather related such as head winds or hot temps.

The ones for Hawaii is mostly an issue at the short runway airports like LIU or OGG but overall they do well on the long hauls and Hawaii

Reactions: robbedagain

Latest posts