AA paid TWU almost $4.5 million between 8/31/11 and 11/15/11

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Disclosed in AA's detailed bankruptcy filings are the payments by AA to every creditor within 90 days of the bankruptcy filing. In addition to large payments to APA and APFA, AA paid the Transport Workers Union a whopping $4.479 million in 11 separate payments between August 31, 2011 and November 15, 2011.

The Baker letter requires that AA cover the union business of the TWU leadership, but that's only about $3.0 million a year, right? What's AA getting in exchange for almost $4.5 million in such a short period?

http://www.amrcaseinfo.com/pdflib/1431_15463.pdf (warning: very large file; 1758 pages; 8.75MB)

Did AA owe the TWU for grievances or some other legit debt?

Disclosed in AA's detailed bankruptcy filings are the payments by AA to every creditor within 90 days of the bankruptcy filing. In addition to large payments to APA and APFA, AA paid the Transport Workers Union a whopping $4.479 million in 11 separate payments between August 31, 2011 and November 15, 2011.

The Baker letter requires that AA cover the union business of the TWU leadership, but that's only about $3.0 million a year, right? What's AA getting in exchange for almost $4.5 million in such a short period?

http://www.amrcasein.../1431_15463.pdf (warning: very large file; 1758 pages; 8.75MB)

That's the amount money in insurance premiums like Life Insurance that is taken out of employee's checks and then sent to the TWU for payment to the insurance companies.

Because that's what it says its for on the disclosure.

TWU WHOLE LIFE
C/O NEBCO
ATTN: TWU PREMIUM REMITTANCE
IRVING TX 75015-3004
That's a separate entry from the one I'm talking about. The insurance premiums totaled just $8,900 for the period. The entry I'm talking about is on page 1352 of the .pdf and equals almost $4.5 million.

I think 700UW hit it on the head; the TWU is an effective dues collection machine, and with about 25,000 employees at AA, looks like the TWU pulls in more than $1 million per month in dues. Gotta pay for that ineffective representation and industry-lagging hourly pay.

Reactions: 5 people
That's a separate entry from the one I'm talking about. The insurance premiums totaled just $8,900 for the period. The entry I'm talking about is on page 1352 of the .pdf and equals almost $4.5 million.

I think 700UW hit it on the head; the TWU is an effective dues collection machine, and with about 25,000 employees at AA, looks like the TWU pulls in more than $1 million per month in dues. Gotta pay for that ineffective representation and industry-lagging hourly pay.

That's what I was looking at too.

Reactions: 1 person

http://www.amrcasein.../1431_15463.pdf (warning: very large file; 1758 pages; 8.75MB)

It's probably payment for the latest TWu endorsed sellout, you know the one, where they didn't tell us how to vote...but vote yes. I don't what your gripe is company man, the TWu captives tried to remove the TWu in 2005 and replace the Totally Worthless Union with AMFA, but your corporate friends over at Centrepork would have none of that. They fought hard for their company union whore at every turn, including the lying to the NMB.

So $4.5 million is a very expensive union whore, but hey,.... she is loyAAl.

I wonder if this expense was to re-imbursement to the TWU to pay for video cameras, lights, tele-prompter, to make the FEAR HEWITT vote yes video and get in to Youtube before the LBO vote took place?

Reactions: 1 person

700UW is right. Those are dues that are deducted from your check.

Latest posts