AFA IS A FRAUD

Oct 9, 2003
The AFA had better get striking NOW or it will be PATCO all over again! What legal issues are there for the Judge to review? This nothing but a stalling tactic. The corrupt judge knows there is no legal way to block a strike and his restraining order is illegal. There is no excuse for the AFA to delay any longer. The AFA had better stand up to this corrupt judge and walk out NOW!

Where is the all powerfull AFL-CIO in all of this? Not one word from them. Some labor organization!

The AFA had better get striking NOW or it will be PATCO all over again! What legal issues are there for the Judge to review? This nothing but a stalling tactic. The corrupt judge knows there is no legal way to block a strike and his restraining order is illegal. There is no excuse for the AFA to delay any longer. The AFA had better stand up to this corrupt judge and walk out NOW!

Where is the all powerfull AFL-CIO in all of this? Not one word from them. Some labor organization!
Although I am not a NW f/a and because it is not myself or family that would suffer directly I always hate to say "if I were in your shoes..." Im not and having said that, NW f/a's voted to STRIKE and their union FAILED them. They gave NW managment team everything they asked for and screwed their members. The ones who pay their salaries. If STRIKING is what you need to do, do it and to hell with your union officials. It saddens me but they have let all of us union members down. We all need somewhere to look to for leadership when it comes to union officials. Where is the union leadership in this country? To the NW f/a's, Im sorry that you have been let down again. You have no contract, do you still need to pay dues?? What for? Next vote is to not pay anyone dues and find a grassroot leadership among yourselves and go for it!

. . . . NW f/a's voted to STRIKE and their union FAILED them. They gave NW managment team everything they asked for and screwed their members. The ones who pay their salaries. If STRIKING is what you need to do, do it and to hell with your union officials. . . .
You are advocating the F/As violate the court order and conduct a strike that is illegal during the term of the injunction?

Although I am not a NW f/a and because it is not myself or family that would suffer directly I always hate to say "if I were in your shoes..." Im not and having said that, NW f/a's voted to STRIKE and their union FAILED them. They gave NW managment team everything they asked for and screwed their members. The ones who pay their salaries. If STRIKING is what you need to do, do it and to hell with your union officials. It saddens me but they have let all of us union members down. We all need somewhere to look to for leadership when it comes to union officials. Where is the union leadership in this country? To the NW f/a's, Im sorry that you have been let down again. You have no contract, do you still need to pay dues?? What for? Next vote is to not pay anyone dues and find a grassroot leadership among yourselves and go for it!
Of course the union let them down. All the unions let their membership down. I have been saying this for a long time. The unions are in bed with the companies. They are only interested in the dues money and won't do anything to upset that including screwing over the membership. They are just another business looking out for themselves. This latest incident with the afa is typical of all of this industry's unions. They had their chance but didn't act. They probly helped influence the judge to block so they could put the blame on someone else. I have said in the past that the workers in this business need to join in a common voice and put an end to this larceny. It would only take one day! But alas there are to many cowards. Nobody but a rare few have the courage to make a stand. So I guess they get what they deserve. NOTHING!!! The End

You are advocating the F/As violate the court order and conduct a strike that is illegal during the term of the injunction?

The injunction is ILLEGAL and a "violation" of these bogus pro-management court orders is paramount to the survival of the labor movement in this country!

. . . The record is clear what having AFA and its bloated leadership gets you.
Sorry if I am missing your point, but are you saying the court would have permitted CHAOS to go ahead if PFAA instead of AFA were still representing NW F/As?

The injunction is ILLEGAL and a "violation" of these bogus pro-management court orders is paramount to the survival of the labor movement in this country!

Any court rulings holding that the injunction is "illegal?"

If so, you should fax them to AFA counsel so they can get this overruled right away.

Sorry if I am missing your point, but are you saying the court would have permitted CHAOS to go ahead if PFAA instead of AFA were still representing NW F/As?

No, I was saying that the NWA FA's should have recalled the PFAA leadership and put in a new team. Over joining the AFA.

The record is clear the AFA has let down the membership AFA NWA. They could have started a job action, put some heat on management to get a fair deal for them. Instead they put it off giving the company time over and again to get an injunction.

No, I was saying that the NWA FA's should have recalled the PFAA leadership and put in a new team. Over joining the AFA.

The record is clear the AFA has let down the membership AFA NWA. They could have started a job action, put some heat on management to get a fair deal for them. Instead they put it off giving the company time over and again to get an injunction.
You don't think NW management would have run to the court to get an injunction the moment the union (whichever one it was) got serious about a job action, whenever that may have been?

I tend to agree with you that switching unions won't really solve NW F/As problems, but I don't follow your logic that the NW F/As are worse off in this current dispute than they would have been with PFAA. I think they'd be pretty much in the exact same position they are in now no matter what union they had.

Thank you, Princess. I think the word "illegal" has new meaning these days. And precisely, what would happen to the NW f/a's if they went on a supposedly "illegal" strike? Lose their jobs? Would they be put in jail? The gove cant even stop illegal aliens from coming into this country. What would the result be to the company? I still say STRIKE or if you prefer a "sickout."

I tend to agree with you that switching unions won't really solve NW F/As problems, but I don't follow your logic that the NW F/As are worse off in this current dispute than they would have been with PFAA. I think they'd be pretty much in the exact same position they are in now no matter what union they had.

Minus a ten day notice and a Friday 9:00 PM deadline?

:p

If you're going to quibble about what time of day and week a deadline was set, you are truly not seeing the forest for the trees.

My point is that if PFAA (or anyone else) was representing the NW F/As, I would wager that they would still be working under the concessionary agreement they are currently working under, and they would not be out on strike (or taking any other job action) at the moment. Same position they are in under AFA.

Are you suggesting otherwise?

You don't think NW management would have run to the court to get an injunction the moment the union (whichever one it was) got serious about a job action, whenever that may have been?

I think had they put an intelligent work for the membership team in office(PFAA), They would have been putting the heat to NWA management a week ago plus. Of course NWA would have gone for an injunction, A union working for its membership wouldnt have waited 10 days after to put the heat on.

If you're going to quibble about what time of day and week a deadline was set, you are truly not seeing the forest for the trees.

My point is that if PFAA (or anyone else) was representing the NW F/As, I would wager that they would still be working under the concessionary agreement they are currently working under, and they would not be out on strike (or taking any other job action) at the moment. Same position they are in under AFA.

Are you suggesting otherwise?

Come on Bear, you should know better than that. :rolleyes:

You are now dealing with a therotical impossibility on hindsight technology. After the delays and extended timelines, what other conclusion would a reasonable person come up with?

:p UT