AFA Negotiation Update?

Toothy Grin

Advanced
Mar 31, 2008
So I thought we were going to receive an update as to the status of the recent and future negotiations.

I'm CERTAIN someone on this board must know something since the promise of "we'll let you know something "early next this week."

Has anyone heard anything?

I know someone who is on the "Mobilization Committee", who are supposedly going to be the first to know (or so they are being told). This person said there is no new information being shared yet. In fact, this person said they are rather disenchanted with how secretive the union is being...they won't even tell the mobilizers the survey results. The most recent update was last week on Friday 7/20, posted on http://OurAFA.org/ titled "More Progress, No Deal Yet"

The information will be shared after the JMC "debriefs"

PS. I really do not think that a mobilizer would express his or her dissatisfaction. The role of a mobilizer is to inform, and keep rumors at bay.

Ok, so the "letter" just went out and it said, the NMB has asked the negotiators to not inform the membership on any of the outstanding details.

We waited a week for this? So let me recap, I think it said that the contract is now with management and if they say no deal, then all hell breaks out?

Anyway, thanks for your replies ggiby and bungeejumper.

It's benefit of the doubt time.

Hopefully, this new negotiating committe will realize that they need to come back with more cash and less change. (no pun intended)

All I can say is all of those "freebies" that the previous travesty contained better be gone, and it would be nice if they assured our seniority in the event of a merger, especially vis a vis non revving or the whole USair commuting situation will go up in flames.

Quality of life, folks. It's more than just money.

It's schedule and MONEY!

Your right about that. I thought from the Union town hall meeting that we were going to see just a shuffling of monies. I think most of us have heard by now the rumour that they were going to take away crew meals and dry cleaning to up the hourly pay rates.

Hmmm. There is a news flash coming down the pike as soon as I get it I'll post it here.

I don't understand how Parker can be allowed to get away with dragging negotations on and on and on... I know that is the ugly part of being union in the airline industry. But with US making record profits it should not be allowed! The flight attendants should be allowed to STRIKE if Parker won't take care of them.

Latest posts