Fleet Negotiations

Guess you never blame the company for stalling and not giving you what you all deserve.

Look in the mirror, you are the IAM, what have you done to make things better?

oh BELEIVE me , i KNOW this company stalls , they stall at EVERY chance they can get , when it comes to meetings with our union they probably show up late and leave early ... The way our company conducts talks i bet they try to have them on Fridays , that way if there are more things to talk about they can schedule it for the next Friday three weeks later...

You know it's us airways when :
you reach social security age and don't have a new CBA yet ...

Doug parker comes , does a town hall tells you he "understands and that we are "close to an agreement " leaves and then six months later he comes back and says the exact same thing ...

When one of your friends at work leaves to go work for south west and two years later he's making more than you (and you've been there 7 years )

you company makes 264 million in one quarter and you read about it in the paper while getting your food stamps .

You know i don't agree with everything you write 700 uw , but i will say this , your vocal and i like that , i bet you communicated often with those you represented .

As for what i and others have done, well we've done what we can , but i'm going to be frank , i'm not a leader , most people aren't , we need more leadership , i'm always ready to go picket or do what the union needs to be done , and we have a great station chair here , but he can't serve as a force to orchestrate the ENTIRE union , that’s the presidents job . We have a special duty as union members in PHX because we are at the power base , and that makes those of us here that much more essential to the cause , but we can’t do it alone , and sometimes it feels like we are , but I think that’s due to the feeling of east west divide.

I do hold this company accountable .. Did you know that under the TWU contract the starting wage is 7.50 ??? They were having real trouble with the staffing issues out here so about a year ago the company raised the starting wage to 9 dollars , and they just did that recently in las veags as well . It took me years to get past 9 dollars an hour ,what they have done is nothing less than a slap in the face to every hard working america west ramp worker . You know I can understand what they did , but what I can’t understand is that they didn’t give all the other workers any sort of raise!?!?! If you want to start it at nine FINE , but give your workers who’ve BEEN there for you throu thick and THIN a small raise too! The company knows it’s going to at least pay all of us on the west the east wages , so why not a small gesture in the interm ?!?! Why ? Because they don’t RESPECT us … This company’s management is DIGGING themselves a hole with this work force , they don’t realize how bad the morale has gotten , I’ve seen hard workers who used to take pride in their jobs and the america west family degenerate to guys who sit there and roll over bags because they no longer want to put the effort in .I’ve personally witnessed workers run over bags on purpose because they are so bitter , I‘ve never seen morale so bad , and it‘s only getting worse , To all of you who are going to chime in with “just quit then “ These disgruntled workers have an AX to grind and they AREN‘T going to quit , at least not until they feel they‘ve had their payback .Sure we made 264 million in profit , but I bet you we could have made a lot more if things were run right , Sometimes it’s the small things that matter , the small gestures . It’s insane to me that the people in corporate aren’t anywhere near “reasonable “ I mean as human beings we have the capacity for logic ,and empathy , if I was running this show , sure I’d be almost as tight as the company is being but I’d at least have given a small across the board wage increase with the nine dollar stunt . In my opinion the union should FIGHT that wage increase , if they aren’t going to be reasonable then neither should the union , BIND them to the terms of that contract
So to sumarrize , yes I do blame the company to .

Latest posts

Back