Fleet Negotiations

news out of vegas, the union and the company have been negotiating on wed/thurs in vegas, in between the convention the IAM has been attending. Parker/Kriby/Hemmingway in attendance. No substatial info came to light so they will now be meeting with a neutral arbitrator out of DC to start sometime within the next two weeks. Press release to come soon. OHH and the IAM was in town all week and never bothered to visit the ramp!!!!!

well that IS more promsing that usual , it's nice to see the bigwigs actually all sit down together , that's proof postive to me that at least they ARE close to reaching an accord .As sad as it is to say , the neutral arbitrator might be our best chance of seeing a contract before we all die of old age .. Let us all pray for the arbitrator!!! he is coming to lead us to the promise land!!!!HORRAY!! ARBITRATOR ARBITRATOR!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE ARBITRATOR!!!!!!! He will lead us out of the desert!!!!he will lead us to a land of milk and kooloaide!!!
now let's hope we don't get this mr nicioli lol .....

It is not an arbiter, it is a mediator.

And don't expect miracles, all the mediator does is to try and facilitate an agreement.

M&R have been in mediation every single CBA since 1992 that I can remember and it can last two years or more.

No patience, no gains! ???????What the HELL is that suppose to mean???????????????????????? What the #### are you smoking ? do you have ANY idea how long we've been waiting patiently for a new contract ??? You ARE being scarcastic right???? our patience is UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The time is drawing near when we will begin to take action agaist the union AND the company .If we in the west don't get what we want we will screw EVERYONE royaly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :ph34r:

See its statements like this that is going to bring a crap agreement. All you out west want is money and believe me thats all you are going to get (and very little) if you keep spouting this we are "tired of waiting" stuff. The company reads this forum and they know you are weak. Bend over. And by the way the first IAM contract took about four years. The longer it takes the more dues the IAM gets. The company knows they can bring you crap and you'll sign it right now. Chill out! The only chance of a decent agreement is to wait for the arbitration. There are no guarantees. I'm sorry, yes there is.......You'll sign the first thing they bring you! And what the #### do you mean "we will screw EVERYONE royaly!!!" Does that mean your fellow employees? Take a chill pill. Your in a union man and there ain't no quick deals. Get used to it. Blame the TWU that you make substandard wages.

I erased what i had before because i don't have the authority to speak like that .

i simply cannot reply to what you have written , it would be a rage filled rant with words not fit to print on a public formum .Even now hours after i've already seen your post i'm still choaking to keep the anger down and breath.

I would suggest that you think more about what you write before you post it .

See its statements like this that is going to bring a crap agreement. All you out west want is money and believe me thats all you are going to get (and very little) if you keep spouting this we are "tired of waiting" stuff. The company reads this forum and they know you are weak. Bend over. And by the way the first IAM contract took about four years. The longer it takes the more dues the IAM gets. The company knows they can bring you crap and you'll sign it right now. Chill out! The only chance of a decent agreement is to wait for the arbitration. There are no guarantees. I'm sorry, yes there is.......You'll sign the first thing they bring you! And what the #### do you mean "we will screw EVERYONE royaly!!!" Does that mean your fellow employees? Take a chill pill. Your in a union man and there ain't no quick deals. Get used to it. Blame the TWU that you make substandard wages.
I dont blame the TWU I blame the IAm they could have been negotiating a new contract for the west instead they are negotiating a transition agreement for the east employees to get back what they lost. The IAM needs to get off the horse and just negotiate the west a contract. Let the east suffer til 2009.

I erased what i had before because i don't have the authority to speak like that .

i simply cannot reply to what you have written , it would be a rage filled rant with words not fit to print on a public formum .Even now hours after i've already seen your post i'm still choaking to keep the anger down and breath.

I would suggest that you think more about what you write before you post it .

Drink some more of the America West Koolaide and that should settle your anger, and apparently you don't think more about what you write before you post. You all out west are showing that no matter what is offered in a agreement you will vote yes. You are playing right into the company's hands. This management team is a bunch of thieves and jokers and your anger is directed at the wrong people. Keep showing them that you want whatever they want to give you and thats all you'll get. Remember if the arbitration case is won by us it is more money for you. Don't hate me! Breathe..........................!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I dont blame the TWU I blame the IAm they could have been negotiating a new contract for the west instead they are negotiating a transition agreement for the east employees to get back what they lost. The IAM needs to get off the horse and just negotiate the west a contract. Let the east suffer til 2009.

I'm not sticking up for the IAM but they didn't negotiate your contract. Plus you guys are the ones that let the TWU back away from you. I guarantee they are getting monitary compensation for that. This transtion agreement is for all Fleet Service not just the West, and we out East are suffering and will suffer for eternity since this bunch of dildos took over our airline. We are the KMart of the airline industry. What a piece of crap. You show your true colors, all for the West and nothing for the East. You have a nice day now?

Drink some more of the America West Koolaide and that should settle your anger, and apparently you don't think more about what you write before you post. You all out west are showing that no matter what is offered in a agreement you will vote yes. You are playing right into the company's hands. This management team is a bunch of thieves and jokers and your anger is directed at the wrong people. Keep showing them that you want whatever they want to give you and thats all you'll get. Remember if the arbitration case is won by us it is more money for you. Don't hate me! Breathe..........................!!!!!!!!! :shock:

We are not stupid .... Do you honestly think that we don't know if the arbitration award is won that we will not get one cent of it ?
The arbitration only covers us airways workers , original workers not former awa workers , if it's won we won't see a dime .Perhaps you truly don't know the intrquite details of the goings on right now , but we in the west follow EVERY union posting and discuss every matter no matter how trvial , this new CBA is of the UTMOST importance to us . We have been FIGHTING for the last few years to get a new contract , it seems like forever , we've been protesting , we've been pamphleting ......we’ve been waiting prepared for the possibility of strike .
Don’t you dare sit there on the other side of the country and tell me that I’m this companies #### … Our lives are very different , and while you’ve gone throu two bankruptcies you STILL make more money than us , how do you think we feel about that ? We simply cannot wait for YEARS and I do mean YEARS for the arbitration to play out …. How long do you expect us to be patient when we make 10 dollars an hour and the cost of gas is constantly going up along with every other thing you need to survive in this country ? If you want to know what it’s like to be REALLY poor , maybe you should log onto compass and go to the media section , check out the town hall meetings from PHX fleet and you’ll see the absolute agony of some of our brothers and sisters who have to support families on the #### this company pays . I will NOT let my brothers and sisters suffer needlessly on some court outcome that could take years to decide , we want this matter handled now …
Don’t tell me that we will take anything the company has to offer , we’ve been getting shafted for years , you think we’re going to take another contract that gets us shafted for more years? We are going to keep our vacation , keep our sick days , and we’re going to increase the pay scale beyond what your getting now . I personally would like to see a top out of 23 dollars , but I’ve heard that’s unrealistic from some people . Remember if it wasn‘t for this merger both of us would still be getting screwed, you’d be locked into your shitty contract till what 2011? And even if we (AWA )had renegotiated a new contract it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as good as what we’re going to get now . Together we are stronger
We’ve been fighting for a long time , and we will KEEP fighting until we get what we deserve , and I DO mean DESERVE , we’ve given the very best of our selves for this company and now it’s time for some much needed RESPECT . Don’t make us fight you as well :angry:

We are not stupid .... Do you honestly think that we don't know if the arbitration award is won that we will not get one cent of it ?
The arbitration only covers us airways workers , original workers not former awa workers , if it's won we won't see a dime .Perhaps you truly don't know the intrquite details of the goings on right now , but we in the west follow EVERY union posting and discuss every matter no matter how trvial , this new CBA is of the UTMOST importance to us . We have been FIGHTING for the last few years to get a new contract , it seems like forever , we've been protesting , we've been pamphleting ......we’ve been waiting prepared for the possibility of strike .
Don’t you dare sit there on the other side of the country and tell me that I’m this companies #### … Our lives are very different , and while you’ve gone throu two bankruptcies you STILL make more money than us , how do you think we feel about that ? We simply cannot wait for YEARS and I do mean YEARS for the arbitration to play out …. How long do you expect us to be patient when we make 10 dollars an hour and the cost of gas is constantly going up along with every other thing you need to survive in this country ? If you want to know what it’s like to be REALLY poor , maybe you should log onto compass and go to the media section , check out the town hall meetings from PHX fleet and you’ll see the absolute agony of some of our brothers and sisters who have to support families on the #### this company pays . I will NOT let my brothers and sisters suffer needlessly on some court outcome that could take years to decide , we want this matter handled now …
Don’t tell me that we will take anything the company has to offer , we’ve been getting shafted for years , you think we’re going to take another contract that gets us shafted for more years? We are going to keep our vacation , keep our sick days , and we’re going to increase the pay scale beyond what your getting now . I personally would like to see a top out of 23 dollars , but I’ve heard that’s unrealistic from some people . Remember if it wasn‘t for this merger both of us would still be getting screwed, you’d be locked into your shitty contract till what 2011? And even if we (AWA )had renegotiated a new contract it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as good as what we’re going to get now . Together we are stronger
We’ve been fighting for a long time , and we will KEEP fighting until we get what we deserve , and I DO mean DESERVE , we’ve given the very best of our selves for this company and now it’s time for some much needed RESPECT . Don’t make us fight you as well :angry:

Dude you need to go to anger management! Don't tell me I don't know what is going on! I've probably got more years in this company than you have on this planet. I can tell you right now that the best you will see is to be brought up to the East pay and lose your holidays, get unpaid sicktime, higher insurance etc, etc. Our contract ends in 2009 and not 2011. You out West better be prepared because this is going to take alot longer than you want because of your a$$ine management team don't give a crap about you. How long before this merger were you guys negotiating? How many contract have you been through? You don't have a clue. This is the IAM and remember all they give a damn about is union dues. If you accept our contract right now you lose alot of jobs. But I guess you don't care about your out laying stations! If this arbitration is won it means more money for everyone because the union will use it for a negotiating tool. There will never be any unity between the East and the West because of all that has happened. The company is keeping you from getting more not the East employees. This is the worst merger I have ever been through. As long as we belong to the company union (IAmManagement) you will keep getting screwed. I'm ready for a strike because if we don't get everything back that we lost to keep this company alive than I will vote NO!!!! So will alot of my East coast co-workers. We are fed up with this merger and this management team fattening there pockets and screwing us. Don't expect much and be ready to strike cause thats where this is going! This management team will fight us to the bitter end. The only savior is UAL taking us over and getting rid of the AllWorthlessA$$holes TEAM.

You both have good points...but I must concur that from past experience with this company and union both....don't expect much and don't anticipate it anytime soon...

AWA management is by far the worst management we at US have dealt with to date and I thought that was entirely impossible seeing what the last 2 teams did to us as workers...

But truth is.....we are the bottom of the bottom in this industry...everyone knows it one just need to browse the internet to see that...

Sorry but that's the facts....

Good luck out west and to all---we need it...

You both have good points...but I must concur that from past experience with this company and union both....don't expect much and don't anticipate it anytime soon...

AWA management is by far the worst management we at US have dealt with to date and I thought that was entirely impossible seeing what the last 2 teams did to us as workers...

But truth is.....we are the bottom of the bottom in this industry...everyone knows it one just need to browse the internet to see that...
Sorry but that's the facts....

Good luck out west and to all---we need it...

I totally agree with you Neutron. It's just a shame that we have so much division amoungst the two groups. Both the company and the union are guilty of that happening. I think that our brothers and sisters out West should have been brought into our contract at the beginning and we both negotiated a fair transitional agreement for all but that didn't happen. I myself am stashing away a little each pay to be prepared just in case. This is going to take alot longer then most of us want. Good luck to all and to all be civil with each other an quit taking everything said so personal. ;)

Dude you need to go to anger management! Don't tell me I don't know what is going on! I've probably got more years in this company than you have on this planet. I can tell you right now that the best you will see is to be brought up to the East pay and lose your holidays, get unpaid sicktime, higher insurance etc, etc. Our contract ends in 2009 and not 2011. You out West better be prepared because this is going to take alot longer than you want because of your a$$ine management team don't give a crap about you. How long before this merger were you guys negotiating? How many contract have you been through? You don't have a clue. This is the IAM and remember all they give a damn about is union dues. If you accept our contract right now you lose alot of jobs. But I guess you don't care about your out laying stations! If this arbitration is won it means more money for everyone because the union will use it for a negotiating tool. There will never be any unity between the East and the West because of all that has happened. The company is keeping you from getting more not the East employees. This is the worst merger I have ever been through. As long as we belong to the company union (IAmManagement) you will keep getting screwed. I'm ready for a strike because if we don't get everything back that we lost to keep this company alive than I will vote NO!!!! So will alot of my East coast co-workers. We are fed up with this merger and this management team fattening there pockets and screwing us. Don't expect much and be ready to strike cause thats where this is going! This management team will fight us to the bitter end. The only savior is UAL taking us over and getting rid of the AllWorthlessA$$holes TEAM.

Eh it's not really personal , sorry if it came off that way , but i think a little anger is a good thing right now :angry: , and i don't intend to give it up .I'm espically angry :angry: right now because i was once again falling for the BS that our union puts out that they are REALLY REALLY CLOSE to getting something signed . And gee look here it is sunday and there is STILL nothing on our union web cite , it makes me mad :angry: that i have to hear about this #### second hand and only get the union posting weeks later . The iam pisses me off , and it sounds to me as if they piss you off as well , what's the point to dragging things out if your the union ? get in there and get it done!! if you can't then start applying pressure!!!!, all they do is talk and talk and talk , right now there is a part of me seriously wondering if our union reps are just milking this so they can stay in fancy hotel rooms and eat lavish meals .... i mean the longer this takes the less time they have to work with the bags or listen to their union memebers #### ??? This is a sad accusation in general , but i think the IAM should take away the message that THEY DON'T COMMUNICATE ENOUGH ... Damn i wish we had ALPA as our union , they put out a memo every week it seems ....
Oh we're ready to strike , and for us it's going to be VERY VERY easy to do so , because what i make now , i can go make at mcdondals while we strike :angry:

p.s metaphorically speaking i will defend our field stations to the death :ph34r: (nija!)

Guess you never blame the company for stalling and not giving you what you all deserve.

Look in the mirror, you are the IAM, what have you done to make things better?

Latest posts

Back