AFA Topic 3/8-3/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesha

Advanced
Sep 19, 2006
Someone forward this to me:

Okay Guys and Gals.......

Phl elections are coming up very soon. The voting starts on April 3rd and ends April 24Th please mark that on your calendars. You can vote via the Internet or mail your ballot back in.

Now if you do not receive a ballot please call 1 800 424 2401, this is the number to the AFA International office and they will give you a pin to exercise your right to vote.

There are 2 people running that have given me their web site to pass along to everyone so you can see what their thoughts are. My understanding is that Terry Graff will have one very soon. If anyone else has a web page I am unaware of it at this time. The first is Janet Linton her web page is
HTTP://janetforsecretary.com/

The other is Michael Elais and his web page is
WNW.MichaelforAFA.com

The final ballot names will be posted after the close of business on March 14Th. This is the deadline for anyone whose name appeared on the nomination ballot to complete a Commitment to serve statement.

After March 14Th you can go to WNW.afanet.org and click on the election button and then onto council 70 to get the final names.

Now as of this time nominated for Pres are the following......

Rick Cangey
Terry Graf
Kimberly Kaswinkle
John McCorkle
Rod Norwood
Lendo Ransdale

For Vice President the following were nominated........

Rick Cangey
Michael Elias
Grace Jones
Kimberly Kaswinkel
Brian Morgan

For Secretary the following were nominated......

Omaar Bryant
Rick Cangey
Donna Ford
Kimberly Kaswinkle
Robert Lane
Janet Linton
Dan Sampey

For Council Rep...........

Omaar Bryant
Rick Cangey
Luke Deese
Michael Higgins
Kimberly Kaswinkel
Jessica Keoughan
Brian Morgan
Samuel Myers

As you can all see several of the same people were nominated for different positions, therefore we have to wait to see who ends up where. However we can all use this time to find out about these people and what they stand for. We did not have a great turnout for the voting here in Phl the last election. As RSV we need to let our voices be heard!!!

And, are we going to let CAROL AUSTIN NEGOTIATE OUR FATE??? For those of you who do not know her; she is a f/a with about 40 years seniority, I think she is 63 or 64, and she is negotiating YOUR FUTURE CAREER!!! VOTE NOW! The future is in your hands!

And, are we going to let CAROL AUSTIN NEGOTIATE OUR FATE??? For those of you who do not know her; she is a f/a with about 40 years seniority, I think she is 63 or 64, and she is negotiating YOUR FUTURE CAREER!!! VOTE NOW! The future is in your hands!
Well, CA is nominated by the MEC to negotiate so if you want her out, you need someone in office as PHL LECP who is not buddies w/ Mike F. and will not do his bidding. From what I understand, JM and MF are pretty tight. They have to be because JM controls so many votes that to get things done, MF needs his votes.
If you want CA out, JM needs to go too. Just my opinion.

Well, CA is nominated by the MEC to negotiate so if you want her out, you need someone in office as PHL LECP who is not buddies w/ Mike F. and will not do his bidding. From what I understand, JM and MF are pretty tight. They have to be because JM controls so many votes that to get things done, MF needs his votes.

I should have added a disclaimer, the last paragraph about CA getting out of the negotiations committee was my opinion, not the opinion of the person's who forwarded that email to me. My bad!

Anyway, does anyone know the last time CA or MF flew one of these crappy trips we have? Does CA even know what BOB is? Does she? How can she negotiate for the member's with less than 18 years EXP if she doesn't have a clue? HAS SHE EVER CLEANED AN AIRPLANE????

JM has got to go! But he will fight for his position because he can't fit on the J/S! :lol: :unsure:

:down:
I should have added a disclaimer, the last paragraph about CA getting out of the negotiations committee was my opinion, not the opinion of the person's who forwarded that email to me. My bad!

Anyway, does anyone know the last time CA or MF flew one of these crappy trips we have? Does CA even know what BOB is? Does she? How can she negotiate for the member's with less than 18 years EXP if she doesn't have a clue? HAS SHE EVER CLEANED AN AIRPLANE????

JM has got to go! But he will fight for his position because he can't fit on the J/S! :lol: :unsure:
:down: :down: :down: You need a history lesson. The world of aviation didn't just start when you got hired. CA has a LONG, LONG distinguished history . Talk to her some time- i guarantee she will do circles around you and the newbies. Did you ever see the trips of yesterday at PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny and USAir? Multiple take off and landings, yes CLEANING, sometimes catering and long... LONG days ( how about 7-8 legs abd meals on every segment. And on top of that short layovers (overnights ). If indeed CA is off the committee it is a GREAt loss for the US f/as group. Best of luck CA- u have worked tirelessly for the group and deserve everyone's thanks and respect!

:down: :down: :down: You need a history lesson. The world of aviation didn't just start when you got hired. CA has a LONG, LONG distinguished history . Talk to her some time- i guarantee she will do circles around you and the newbies. Did you ever see the trips of yesterday at PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny and USAir? Multiple take off and landings, yes CLEANING, sometimes catering and long... LONG days ( how about 7-8 legs abd meals on every segment. And on top of that short layovers (overnights ). If indeed CA is off the committee it is a GREAt loss for the US f/as group. Best of luck CA- u have worked tirelessly for the group and deserve everyone's thanks and respect!

What I was saying is CA and MF need to fly some of these crapy trips. Why get only 1:50 min pay day 1 and sit in BOS or ORD for 22 hours, that really sucks!!! And then day 2, you fly 7-8 hours and feel like a beaten dog! Getting rid of MIN day was the #1 stupid decision. And yes, I know us was in bankruptcy.

I've been flying for over 21 years so I'm no newbie. It was the best when I started flying in the 80's and CA has given it all up, even when we were not in bankruptcy. It is time to retire, CA, better make a plan B.

History is not the same as the reality of today. I am not saying she should stay or go - I am saying that she has lost touch with those she represents.

Hopefully people in PHL will take an interest in the election and we can get a great team in office.

Let me say first, good luck with your elections.

As for CA on the JNC, I really don't think she's out of touch with the f/a's. She knows the contract inside out and she is well aware of the burdens that have been put on the reserve f/a's via the last contract.

And also, some of the things mentioned here such as the change from min. day to a var. day are the result of the "me too" clause. And I've talked to her about these crazy trips. She agrees wholeheartedly and the union is doing everything it can to get the company to build trips with some balance. Hopefully, the new trip building software will rectify most of the problems.

Also, I for one would like to have the splits recalculated for rig time. That's killing the reserves, too. But I don't know if that's something that can be renegotiated at this time.

What I was saying is CA and MF need to fly some of these crapy trips. Why get only 1:50 min pay day 1 and sit in BOS or ORD for 22 hours, that really sucks!!! And then day 2, you fly 7-8 hours and feel like a beaten dog! Getting rid of MIN day was the #1 stupid decision. And yes, I know us was in bankruptcy.

I've been flying for over 21 years so I'm no newbie. It was the best when I started flying in the 80's and CA has given it all up, even when we were not in bankruptcy. It is time to retire, CA, better make a plan B.
CA should be part of the apparatus of the MEC. She does (or should do) whatever the MEC wants and nothing else. The fact that the MEC either directs her or allows her to progress in a direction not good for the FAs, much less for the company, is directly a fault of the MEC.

CA has a couple of talents I see in few others, she is extremely intelligent when it comes to operational matters. If I thought her work would not be perverted by Tempe, I would recommend she run this, so far, grossly perverted airline. She also has a unique ability to communicate operational rules to those of us on the short end of the mental agility scale. The ability to run the operational side coupled with the ability to actually communicate is priceless, yet, her work is perverted by the MEC. To be blunt, she has allowed her works and talents to be dirtied by small minded little twerps.

CA has become the tool of a small group of employees who do not wish to work as FAs. Punish those aiming the gun and pulling the trigger, not the gun itself.

CA Has Been There WAY B4 JM Was Elected Into Office! So Now It's JM Fault She Is On The Negotiating Com? Grow Up! CA Has Been On The NC For What? 100 Years? She Has Been Selling Out the Junior F/A's When She Was MECP Ever Since The Shuttle Was Bought! I Agree We Need New Blood In There! TG Is Not Any Better, She Is Right There With CA! :down:

That Last Comment Was NOT Called For! <_<

Regardless of who is elected, the negotiating committee is elected by the MEC. PHL is just one base. The collective bases would have to recall the committee to get any changes. Again, is that the right thing to do? I am not a CA fan by any means what so ever. I just feel you must look at every side of the coin before you toss it. We wouldn't want our hasty decisions to come back and bite us later.

Just my opinion...

Since your Code name is "napa us", I'm guessing you are a california PSA gal, so that means you are an international block holder.

You are out of touch with reality! Where have you been? How about 7-8 legs a day, cleaning airplanes and short overnights on top of not having time to get a bite to eat. We have gone backwards!!!! Maybe you should try and fly a 737 or E190 trip and see. You need a history lesson! our e190 and some 737 trips are just like the psa, piedmont and allegheny trips you talk about.

You are just as out of touch with reality as CA! Get your head out of the international first class dessert cart for once! BTW, I have talked to her and she was very condescending to me! I guess I'm not senior enough to get respect from her! <_<

That Last Comment Was NOT Called For! <_<
What's wrong with the truth? Anyway, I really can't really give an opinion one way or another on CA, however something needs to change and I feel that we need someone on the NC that has alot more RSV experience within the last 10 years and can have a clearer understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.