AFA Topic 3/8-3/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point some are trying to make is the NC is the appointed or elected by the MEC. Your MEC is made up of your current LECP's, they decided who they want to negotiate for us. If you do not like the decisions that your LECP has made of behalf of your base, then you need to change your LECP. LECP are ideally to vote for whats in the best interested of their membership and their base.

Wasn't CA's term renewed last October? And the term 3 years?
So, even if you reelect new officers, you still will have her.
Any one know for sure??

Wasn't CA's term renewed last October? And the term 3 years?
So, even if you reelect new officers, you still will have her.
Any one know for sure??

ANY MEC CHAIR AND ANY MEC OFFICER CAN BE RECALLED AT ANY TIME BY THE VOTING MEMBERS OF THE MEC (LECPs)

Any LECP can call a meeting of the MEC...only takes 2 or more members to sign on, and the MECP MUST call a meeting at the direction of the LECPs.

It was uncalled for I agree with you.

However in all honesty the last time I flew to BRU he worked the flight and on a personal note I'm concerned for his health. I've talked to JM a once at length and regardless of your of my opinion of his leadership skills within AFA, at his current size he is at risk health wise.

This Board Has Nothing To Do With His Weight! It's His Personal Business Not Yours Nor Anyone else!

ANY MEC CHAIR AND ANY MEC OFFICER CAN BE RECALLED AT ANY TIME BY THE VOTING MEMBERS OF THE MEC (LECPs)

Any LECP can call a meeting of the MEC...only takes 2 or more members to sign on, and the MECP MUST call a meeting at the direction of the LECPs.

And You Know ALL About Recalls Now Don't You? <_<

Back to business....who we gonna vote for in PHL this time around?

What do we want to gain? Who will be good to fight for our rights?

I want a fighter in there! A professional person, with intelligence and class, but someone who is assertive enough to stand up for the f/a's..

any suggestions?

What PHL and the other bases need to ask themselves is what they really want to do with a new electorate. You see, it is not CA or MF's fault because negotiating is going at a snails pace. It is the company's. AFA's negotiating committee can not go and say we want a new contract and we want it now. Your dreaming if you thinks that is going to happen. Electing new officers to fill the positions that are open is the democratic thing to do, that said, do you really think changing who negotiates the contract is really going to change the pace? NO... Like I said before, I am no CA fan, but I do know that the contract is being negotiated line by line. That said, it is going to take time for both parties to reach agreement on language.

If you want real change, then the only other alternative is to de-certify AFA as our union. Do we really want to do that either? NO... Remember US-East has a contract in place that doesn't expire till 2011. So even if we wanted a new contract by then, we probably wouldn't see one until 2014 to vote on. So what is it exactly you are looking for? Barrackism-Change? Clintonism-Coruption? Bushism-More of the same? You must always think of the mass, not just of the few.

Just my opinion...

There is never going to be a perfect time for change.

There is not going to be a sudden turn around regardless of who is elected into office.

There is no reason to vote out the AFA, because we are the AFA. Each base needs to wake up and start looking at those they have elected and evaluate their performance and if they are not satisfied with it then vote them out.

Getting people in office who are willing to listen to us and represent OUR best interest is a first small step. By voting OUT those who are not representing our best interests we will be sending a strong and clear message that if you cannot or will not represent our best interests - you will be back flying a line or sitting reserve.

Change has to begin somewhere and at some point in time; hopefully, it will begin in PHL with the election of new representatives.

Ok, so who we gonna vote for???

There are so many people voting...

go on ballotpoint.com or .net website and see,

some of these people I don't even know.

who is Jessica?

who is Robert?

That Last Comment Was NOT Called For! <_<

... and the reference to Carol Austin's age in the first post.

I think what people continue to forget is that it is not the union's place to give us duty rigs, change pay regarding deadheads, modify the reserve system. The negotiating team NEGOTIATES with the COMPANY. If the company doesn't budge there isn't a whole lot the union can do other than bring in the NMB and go into mediation.
I am not defending our contract, nor would I object to better conditions, however at the end of the day it is the MEMBERSHIP that voted in favor of this agreement and that is the only way it could have passed. Be more careful in the future when you ratify and agreement and the least you can do is READ IT, UNDERSTAND IT and VOTE.

:down:
:down: :down: :down: You need a history lesson. The world of aviation didn't just start when you got hired. CA has a LONG, LONG distinguished history . Talk to her some time- i guarantee she will do circles around you and the newbies. Did you ever see the trips of yesterday at PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny and USAir? Multiple take off and landings, yes CLEANING, sometimes catering and long... LONG days ( how about 7-8 legs abd meals on every segment. And on top of that short layovers (overnights ). If indeed CA is off the committee it is a GREAt loss for the US f/as group. Best of luck CA- u have worked tirelessly for the group and deserve everyone's thanks and respect!

Agreed, that CA has a wealth of institutional knowledge and negotiating background, and is a valuable member of our team. However, that experience should be balanced by someone with recent, frontline experience who can commuicate how the contact language impacts the lives of the line F/A -- especially the most junior among us. It's one thing to "know" your contract, and quite another to "live" your contract. In my opinion, no full-time union rep understands what it is to "live" the contract -- no matter how dedicated they are, or how good they are at representing the interests of their work group. Just my thoughts ...

Indeed I do! Down to the last wording in the C&B, and MEC Policy and Procedure. Our administration dealt vigorously with laziness, incompetence, and those who even smelled of management, or had confusion on who they represented.

You understand this well, "coming to a theater NEAR you".

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This post is a perfect example of what is NOT permitted on these boards.

A snide remark about another poster--be aware, it's now good for a week off.

PLEASE keep your comments on subject--this was totally inappropriate and unacceptable.

You MAY comment on the content of another post. You may NOT disparage the poster in any way shape or form.

Those are the rules....like it or not.

We could only wish FlyGuyBWI would come back to PHL and shore up the ship. He is top notch.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This post is a perfect example of what is NOT permitted on these boards.

A snide remark about another poster--be aware, it's now good for a week off.

PLEASE keep your comments on subject--this was totally inappropriate and unacceptable.

You MAY comment on the content of another post. You may NOT disparage the poster in any way shape or form.

Those are the rules....like it or not.
And Rules Are Ment To Be A 2 Way Street Right? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts