Air Wisconsin recent performance

Hello Newman

Senior
Aug 23, 2002
When ZW startd service in my station last fall we were all very relieved and looking forward to a dependable express
carrier. After Mesa, PSA, Chatauqua, and Shuttle America
came and went. We had high hopes for ZW. At first they
were a godsend, the planes actually flew, the crews
showed up ahead of schedule, and the airline was
dependable. It seems since mid December, it's been
nothing but crew shortages, broken airplanes
and numerous "who knows" delays,the ones affecting
a prior flight. Today, our afternoon CLT departure
(which by the way was full) was cancelled due to a
crew shortage. Aren't crew shortages supposed to be
at the end of the month?.
Has anyone else seen the same thing?

When ZW startd service in my station last fall we were all very relieved and looking forward to a dependable express
carrier. After Mesa, PSA, Chatauqua, and Shuttle America
came and went.

What is your station? Glad to see Piedmont is not in your list of woes...though I would understand if it was!

Air wisconsin is loosing pilots faster than they can replace them.
With the move of their crew bases from ORD, ATW, and DIA; many of their pilots have chose not to commute to PHL, DCA, ORF. They are running 30 plus people a month through training right now to try to keep up.

Why did the mod move a contract carrier form US Airways that does exclusively all of its flying for US Airways

Air Wisconsin gave US 125.00 million plus a seat on the BOD US will put up with a lot of problems Just like you would if someone gave you 125.00million and an excuse person at the highest level

Air Wisconsin gave US 125.00 million plus a seat on the BOD US will put up with a lot of problems Just like you would if someone gave you 125.00million and an excuse person at the highest level. A lot of ZW employees have bad attitudes because of the pay issues and the commute after their UA/base closed. When ZW was with UA UA/ZW management made them take a pay cut to kept them Flying at UA well US/ZW cut a deal to give US 125.00 million and a seat on the BOD of US to fly for US the pay cut still stands.

In my station I have never seen a worst run outfit in my 28 years with US in customer service

I can tell you that I have tried on several occassions to deal with Air Wiskeys Dispatch, only to have them hang up or get ZERO information from Them. They make the other Contract Carriers look like Saints.

Then again, dealing with PSA or Mesa dispatch is like talking with Alfred E. Newman. They have that "what me worry?" attitude.

I agree Air Wisconsin has been a disappointment. Originally, i was excited about Air Wisconsin coming to our express network, as i had worked in another city years ago operated by all Air Wisconsin employees. At that time, circa 1998, they ran a stellar operation with very senior and dedicated employees in Lexington, Ky.

At first, like the initial thread, they operated efficiently. But, lately, we have a cancelled flight daily in Wilmington. The other flight is usually 2-4 hours late due to lack of crew or delayed to previous flight. Thus, since the terminating flight is delayed in arriving in Wilmington. The originator in the morning is late due to crew rest, since they are on a minimum overnight. So, the saga continues on and on.

Hopefully, they will get their act together. But it appears we are stuck with them for the time being.

I can tell you that I have tried on several occassions to deal with Air Wiskeys Dispatch,

Why can't they print a direct number for the dispatcher for the flight on the release. It's annoying and time consuming to go through "for dispatch - press "1"; then another menu to get dispatcher for your flight. (Then to have him/her say "I know the flifo is wrong, but I don't have time to fix it. Gimme 15 minutes" or some other lame non answer. Note: You don't always get a lame non answer when you call.) I just wish they could list the direct number, like the other express carriers.

Latest posts