Air Wisconsin recent performance

Alright guys let me wade in here for a second.

First United did not fire us because we were not on time. In-fact after they did fire us we still maintained an extremely high on time and completion rate in-fact several months we were the top carrier. We had an almost 40 year history with them and we are sad to see it go.

Second believe me we at AWAC we know we are having problems but we are doing our best to work them out. Do you understand the logistics of the past months on our company.
1 Repaint the whole fleet while maintaining some of our flying with United
2 Close every base we had and open up all new ones
3 Close every mx base we have and open up new ones
4 Retrain all our crew for US Airways flying
5 Deal with a massive rate of attrition due to base closings and other things
6 Learn how to operate out of new hubs like DCA and PHL

Now I am not making excuses but we are trying and we have been told things will get better in the next few months, now that all the planes will be over in the U.S. Express system. I have heard may folks here say how much better they like the Airways system and how we want to be the best carrier for you. All I can say is that with awac you got a very devoted employee group that wants nothing more than to do a good job for Airways and with a little more time I think you will see that's the case......

alweg
awac pilot :up:

You know what, all the customers we (US ZW) have dissatisfied over the past 4 months don’t want to here highly compensated management didn’t know what or how to get ZW incorporated into our system. Believe me when you try to explain it to a paying passenger your reasons do not hold water

Well I guess Airways ran a perfect airline until awac came along.
I am just trying to give you some reasons for the problems.

Why did ZW leave UA if things were so good?

Life is not great for any regional. The fact is we had an unaffirmed contract with ual. We were the only carrier they could do it to. They came to us and said lower your costs and we tried but they wanted to much. If we would have taken the cuts there would not be an Air Wisconsin a few years from now. Remember we had over 40 years with united but in the end we could not make it work. When we left we didn't just say F U and bail, but we left with some of the best on time stats for thier express carriers.
Look as I said we are trying but I have a feeling many of you wouln't be happy even if everything was perfect. Remember we helped you out with 125 million as well as you helping us with a regional contract. I hope in the end we can prove that we are a good express carrier.......

What Air Wisconsin is doing takes a lot of work! They have closed most of there bases to move to the eastcoast, many lives have been affected by this move. Many of there FO's and other employess's have quit due to the move to the eastcoast. As a WO employee I welcome a company that has invested money into Company. Not like most contract carriers that have nothing invested in US Airways, and code share with every airline under the sun. Air Wisconsin has a vested interest in the success of US Airways!
It will take awhile, and dont worry.... US Airways has never been a perfect operation!

Latest posts