Aircraft maint issues

Does anyone think that the company would have put out the "garbage" letter had there not been picketing? Correct, the public is only interested in on time flights, cheap seats, and bags arriving with them. To hell with us or where work is performed. The picketing got the company's attention. Not necessarily the public's attention. The "garbage" letter should have woken up the IAM side as to what the company wants to do to them. They should be getting on the IAW and work safe program and maybe show up at a picket.
It's not the public, it's the tactics.

The membership has simply forgotten that part of collective bargaining is being ruthless enough to get what you want.

The members don't have the backbone for it.

Instead of being men of action they are entitled whining dependents playing by a set of rules in a game that is stacked against them.

It's not the public, it's the tactics.

The membership has simply forgotten that part of collective bargaining is being ruthless enough to get what you want.

The members don't have the backbone for it.

Instead of being men of action they are entitled whining dependents playing by a set of rules in a game that is stacked against them.
You are correct, the deck is stacked against us and most are just comfortable enough to do nothing. The raise sealed that deal. But you didn't answer my question. Something led the company to release that letter and really all I see it doing is opening the IAM members' eyes. I hope I'm right.

You are correct, the deck is stacked against us and most are just comfortable enough to do nothing. The raise sealed that deal. But you didn't answer my question. Something led the company to release that letter and really all I see it doing is opening the IAM members' eyes. I hope I'm right.

Does anyone think that the company would have put out the "garbage" letter had there not been picketing? Correct, the public is only interested in on time flights, cheap seats, and bags arriving with them. To hell with us or where work is performed. The picketing got the company's attention. Not necessarily the public's attention. The "garbage" letter should have woken up the IAM side as to what the company wants to do to them. They should be getting on the IAW and work safe program and maybe show up at a picket.

OK you want an answer to your question.

I don't really think you got the companies attention.

I think the letter was a combination of a message and a twisted joke from management. They were all probably laughing as they drafted it imagining the looks on the memberships faces.

It was a way for them to publicly thumb their noses at you if you will while sending the message they got you.

If you want my real opinion I think the contract is now and has been settled for a long time. At this point it is just showmanship for the benefit of the membership.

When are we going to get tired of being lied too The people we have on this NC is the problem. There is a reason they are not willing to share the details of this offer. Stop being so stupid and demand that they show it to you. If it is so bad why not show it. If 591 is not willing to let us see it. Let's get rid of them. They work for US. If they are being truthful. Then NOTHING should be kept from US. Spending all this Money running around the country Picking is a WASTE of time. But if you are a board member or one of their flunkies. Then I guess it's a good paid Vacation for you each time they go out. Ask them why are they getting paid to picket and the Working members have to lose money to come on their own time. I bet every shop shop steward and board member is getting UB payment. Ask Gary to give you a run down on why working members can't get paid by the company. But they pay themselves and their BOYS to be out there. Hotel cost and dinner and drinks at night.
Wake up people and ask Questions. Hold them accountable for spending your money.

All AA mechanics just follow the Job Cards to the letter. Make the company provide the tools. Only have the minimum tools required by the company. You don't have to slow down! The weekly checks, over night checks should take 2 mechanics between 6-8 if done to the Job cards. That is not including your write ups. Work smarter, not harder!!!

Mechanics should reference the GPM 3.07

The business agent came into work last night to update us on recent negotiations. One of the techs asked if the company expects the IAM to give up some holidays to bring TWU members up from 5 to 7. He did not answer the question, but said that two more holidays were being asked for. The next question was why are the IAM not doing any sort of informational picketing. The union representative said that when the association tells them to do something we will. TWU is completely on their own agenda. Some IAM members feel that it does not matter what the legacy US wants they will be out voted! The medical is bad for both sides! I personally want to keep my pension. I feel the company can afford a defined pension plan and 401k match.

The business agent came into work last night to update us on recent negotiations. One of the techs asked if the company expects the IAM to give up some holidays to bring TWU members up from 5 to 7. He did not answer the question, but said that two more holidays were being asked for. The next question was why are the IAM not doing any sort of informational picketing. The union representative said that when the association tells them to do something we will. TWU is completely on their own agenda. Some IAM members feel that it does not matter what the legacy US wants they will be out voted! The medical is bad for both sides! I personally want to keep my pension. I feel the company can afford a defined pension plan and 401k match.

You're funny, TWU asking for a whole 7 holidays? It will be 10 just like every other employee group on the property. Anything less, will be a non starter. As far as your medical goes, hey it's great - but no other employee group has that level of coverage. Look, we are not asking for anything that could be considered unreasonable, just parity plus 3%. This whole line of thought that the LAA AMTs gonna settle for something between what the LUS AMTs have, and LAA AMTs BK contract is insane. The Sim Techs didn't settle for less, the Dispatchers didn't settle for less, so there is no reason why AMTs should expect less.

You're funny, TWU asking for a whole 7 holidays? It will be 10 just like every other employee group on the property. Anything less, will be a non starter. As far as your medical goes, hey it's great - but no other employee group has that level of coverage. Look, we are not asking for anything that could be considered unreasonable, just parity plus 3%. This whole line of thought that the LAA AMTs gonna settle for something between what the LUS AMTs have, and LAA AMTs BK contract is insane. The Sim Techs didn't settle for less, the Dispatchers didn't settle for less, so there is no reason why AMTs should expect less.
It always amazes me, it doesn't matter what airline it is, it seems to take forever to get maintenance contract done !

It always amazes me, it doesn't matter what airline it is, it seems to take forever to get maintenance contract done !

Because it is not just a Maintenance Union, but an Industrial Union. All of the groups want their cut. If the Mechanics wanted a Maintenance only contract, a different type of union would have to be hired.

Once again the teamsters pensions are possibly getting cut again. 30 year employees looking at a 29% cut in payouts, going from $5,000 down to $3,500. I thought that UPS paid to get their employees out of the failing pensions, but I guess not all the UPS employees.
Another reason to run like hell from the pension the asso. is trying to get you guys in.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-teams...ts-groundbreaking-vote-203444223--sector.html

IMG_3085.PNG

This is from the TWU locals, it's a TWU picket, with words stating the IAM stands in solidarity. Where is the press releases from the IAM side fully supporting this info picketing? Where is the IAM locals posting flyers with their letterhead giving full support. All I see is something you or someone has typed that the IAM stands in solidarity. To me it still looks like it's just the TWU doing and supporting the info picketing. If the IAM is really saying they are standing in solidarity with the TWU then they (IAM) better show up in full freakin forces and do several press releases saying so. We will all see come Sep 13th. who all is supporting this picketing.

This is from the TWU locals, it's a TWU picket, with words stating the IAM stands in solidarity. Where is the press releases from the IAM side fully supporting this info picketing? Where is the IAM locals posting flyers with their letterhead giving full support. All I see is something you or someone has typed that the IAM stands in solidarity. To me it still looks like it's just the TWU doing and supporting the info picketing. If the IAM is really saying they are standing in solidarity with the TWU then they (IAM) better show up in full freakin forces and do several press releases saying so. We will all see come Sep 13th. who all is supporting this picketing.

TWU Local 502 has every right to say anything they want on their FB page and for their joint Picket with TWU Local 591.

Again as far as being completely transparent here. You are not a Fleet Service Clerk, a TWU or IAM member, an AA Employee or as far as I know even work in the great State of California?

No one does or has to answer to you quite honestly. AND you again have far more troubles in your own house than I care to bring up yet again. Overwhelming troubles frankly.

Matt that is why as far as im concerned the pension,medical and catering are bargaining chips.if the IAM has to be asked to be a partner in the association, then guess what? they can sit down and be out voted. real simple if the IAM doesnt feel like they need to stand up and help us get what we want, then their concerns mean nothing to me. with the success of dfw,mia and ord AND seeing the letter putting their golden cows on the slaughtering block they should have grabbed a sign a megaphone jumped in the IAM plane piled the clown car full and made an appearance. they didnt clearly indicating:
1)they dont care
2)they have resigned themselves to the fact the will be outvoted
3)know they are time limited

this all could have been avoided if they would have TRIED to help. they didnt. they made clear our fight is not their fight, i understand clearly. realize their fight is not mine.

Matt that is why as far as im concerned the pension,medical and catering are bargaining chips.if the IAM has to be asked to be a partner in the association, then guess what? they can sit down and be out voted. real simple if the IAM doesnt feel like they need to stand up and help us get what we want, then their concerns mean nothing to me. with the success of dfw,mia and ord AND seeing the letter putting their golden cows on the slaughtering block they should have grabbed a sign a megaphone jumped in the IAM plane piled the clown car full and made an appearance. they didnt clearly indicating:
1)they dont care
2)they have resigned themselves to the fact the will be outvoted
3)know they are time limited

this all could have been avoided if they would have TRIED to help. they didnt. they made clear our fight is not their fight, i understand clearly. realize their fight is not mine.[/QUOT

The numbers I have seen regarding the IAM pension plan do not look encouraging. When the bulk of the participants retire within the next 10 years - who will be left propping it up? None of the US Air AMTs can have more than what - 10 or 12 years vested? Let AA take it over, freeze it, and shoot for a 401K match with a higher match - like at least 10%. On the otherhand, press on with the IAMPF as it stands now, and take a riskier gamble!. I would never trust the TWU with anything like a pension fund or a medical plan like a saw the Teamsters tried to float to the UAL AMTs -Teamcare or something. Why the US Air guys have any trust in the IAM to take care of their pension escapes me.

Back