Aircraft maint issues

I thought you guys might find this article interesting.

It is almost a couple of years old but still very relevant.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/airplane-maintenance-disturbing-truth

and this one.

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...kers_or_even_keep_its_seats_bolted_down_.html

I especially like this bit.

It turns out that the pilots weren’t bluffing. Organized labor in the United States—especially in the private sector—has been in decline for so long that management seems to have forgotten that a disciplined union can exert a ton of pressure under the right circumstances, even if the legal environment is hostile. American pilots weren’t allowed to strike over the contract voiding, so instead they did something clever: They started following the rules.

When American angered its pilots, they struck back by doing the reverse—deliberately calling in every little complaint, timed for the worst possible moment. The results were catastrophic, and it’s no surprise that the recent improvement in flight timeliness has coincided with a resumption of negotiations.

I think it is time the mechanics of American Airlines start taking a page from the pilots playbook.

TWU Local 502 has every right to say anything they want on their FB page and for their joint Picket with TWU Local 591.

Again as far as being completely transparent here. You are not a Fleet Service Clerk, a TWU or IAM member, an AA Employee or as far as I know even work in the great State of California?

No one does or has to answer to you quite honestly. AND you again have far more troubles in your own house than I care to bring up yet again. Overwhelming troubles frankly.

But, if you go by the topic of this thread he's got more skin in the game than you....

and this one.

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...kers_or_even_keep_its_seats_bolted_down_.html

It turns out that the pilots weren’t bluffing. Organized labor in the United States—especially in the private sector—has been in decline for so long that management seems to have forgotten that a disciplined union can exert a ton of pressure under the right circumstances, even if the legal environment is hostile. American pilots weren’t allowed to strike over the contract voiding, so instead they did something clever: They started following the rules.

When American angered its pilots, they struck back by doing the reverse—deliberately calling in every little complaint, timed for the worst possible moment. The results were catastrophic, and it’s no surprise that the recent improvement in flight timeliness has coincided with a resumption of negotiations.

I think it is time the mechanics of American Airlines start taking a page from the pilots playbook.
The way that is successful almost everyone needs to do it, if only a few people do then they are singled out and made an example of, in my past life the way we got rid of an asshole 2nd Lt, got with the senior master chief, and stuff didn't work the Lt way, and next thing he was gone!

and this one.

Many do, but most are too lazy to put out the effort.

and this one.

Is that when the company sued the pilots union and was awarded 25 million in damages. Look at this past summer Spirit pilots simply stop working overtime and were slapped with an injunction AA would do the same in a fraction of a second

TWU Local 502 has every right to say anything they want on their FB page and for their joint Picket with TWU Local 591.

Again as far as being completely transparent here. You are not a Fleet Service Clerk, a TWU or IAM member, an AA Employee or as far as I know even work in the great State of California?

No one does or has to answer to you quite honestly. AND you again have far more troubles in your own house than I care to bring up yet again. Overwhelming troubles frankly.

And how does it feel weez? The ONLY reason I came to this thread was because you came to our mechanics thread which has NOTHING to do with you. YOU are the reason I came to this thread.
Have to correct something here. I did not come to this thread, as this is the mechanics thread. I invaded the fleet service thread because of you sir. So again I ask, how does it feel?? You never did answer my original "how does it feel" question months ago.

And how does it feel weez? The ONLY reason I came to this thread was because you came to our mechanics thread which has NOTHING to do with you. YOU are the reason I came to this thread.
Have to correct something here. I did not come to this thread, as this is the mechanics thread. I invaded the fleet service thread because of you sir. So again I ask, how does it feel?? You never did answer my original "how does it feel" question months ago.

Dude I'm about to get hit head on by Irma and really ain't too interested in your little girly hissy fit right now. But maybe you take Airline Forums a lot more seriously than I do I guess?

"how does it feel"? LMAO.

But, if you go by the topic of this thread he's got more skin in the game than you....
Haven't you figured out that WeAAsles is the center of the Universe yet
Is that when the company sued the pilots union and was awarded 25 million in damages. Look at this past summer Spirit pilots simply stop working overtime and were slapped with an injunction AA would do the same in a fraction of a second
What do you care if AA sues the Association..... you don't even like them anyway.

Maybe getting hit in the pocket might motivate them to actually do their job.

Dude I'm about to get hit head on by Irma and really ain't too interested in your little girly hissy fit right now. But maybe you take Airline Forums a lot more seriously than I do I guess?

Another dodge to the questions by you yet again. You say you are dodging Irma, but yet make a post to say so instead of answering the questions. Got it. Understand. Dodge, dodge, dodge. As expected by you. C'mon dude, "how does it feel?"

BTW; If you are not out of Irma's way yet, and you still take the time to post here, your an idiot. Get safe then worry about this **** later, C'mon man...

I couldn't sleep at night if the TWU got sued....said nobody...ever. Well, maybe the popularity contest winners that run it.

Because he craves attention more than survival.
I know my first quote about him dodging was a little harsh, but my God, I am following Ima too as I have family in Orlando and I told them also that they are dumb if they try to wait it out. Get out people, things and items are replaceable people and lives are not. "Don't let this be your Catrina!!!"

Latest posts

Back