Aircraft maint issues

We had a lot of that in prior contracts.7 weeks of vacation, double and a half for holidays, 12 days of sick accrual, etc. So no we are not trying to get what you have. We want what we used to have.

Been at AA since 1986, so I've been around the block a few times and seen stuff taken away and with your boss stating that we won't ever loose money again, we should get all of that back and more. So if that happens, you will get what we get. In a nut shell, we will raise the tide that lifts your boat. I won't vote yes for anything less.
Amen brother, Amen...

And let's not forget the IAM let the closure of Indy. Let's also not forget the TWU agreeing to the closure of AFW as well as the Engine shop. TWU also agreed to massive layoffs and relocations for thousands of members. Your pension is what ties and keeps you IAM. That's why they got your pension to you BUT controlled by the union, to keep you all handcuffed. LOL you guys just keep sucking up the union cool-aid don't you? 18,000 plus mechanics at AA at one time and now what? 6500-8500?
And UA was going into bankruptcy and the IND closing was negotiated not forced.

AA was in financial difficulty when the closed AFW, and the 2003 concessions saved their pension for almost 10 more years.

AS was not in chapter 11 nor seeking concessions.

Big difference.

AA was in financial difficulty when the closed AFW, and the 2003 concessions saved their pension for almost 10 more years.

Big difference.

AFW closed in 2012, MCIE in 2010.

Your history is off.

Josh

Big difference.

What you DO NOT understand is this; The IAM and the TWU both did not allow their members to make any decisions in either case. Yea it was nego at UAL, but only by the upper officers of the union NOT the membership. So to say it was nego and that makes it ok is wrong. The TWU also did the same at AA when they closed AFW first, again no membership vote or say, just the TWU agreeing with the company instead of fighting to keep it open or other options. Then the Engine shop also went bye-bye with the same deal being agreed to by the TWU. No AS was not in BK, but yes they were struggling financially but not into BK yet. Also at AS the membership voted for the changes that were nego at the table. At least they had a say so and a vote on their own jobs. NOT the case with the IAM and TWU at UAL and AA.
This is one of the biggest reasons you guys need to rid yourselves of the TWU, IAM and now this asso. they never let the membership decide for themselves when it comes to closures and layoffs.

I do believe AS was asking for concessions as well. Not positive but I will inquire with an AS mechanic and get back to you.

I wonder how the pilots or FAs would respond if their contract negotiations dragged on and on.

I bet they wouldn’t stage Nationwide protests gathering Union members from all over, with signs, banners, billboards, newspaper ads, and even a banner flying over a freakin Stadium.

They’re both independent Unions and wouldn’t be able to afford all that.

Big difference.
And the iam gave up the pension at Boeing and Boeing was not in bk seems like all the iam knows is how to give things away

I bet they wouldn’t stage Nationwide protests gathering Union members from all over, with signs, banners, billboards, newspaper ads, and even a banner flying over a freakin Stadium.

They’re both independent Unions and wouldn’t be able to afford all that.

Where as all these nation wide protests gotten us.
I hear crickets...

If we were serious about a protest we would hit AA where it hurts. delayed flights, canceled flights, maintenance not finished due to parts issues or just simply following the CMM's.
All within compliance for the AA mechanic. But we need leadership for that.

Reactions: 1AA
And the iam gave up the pension at Boeing and Boeing was not in bk seems like all the iam knows is how to give things away
In reality what are you guys looking to get a joint contract, 2018? Because we actually have a few tools now to get the company to move, but I am sure that was the company's plan all along, waiting for the industry to catch up with us.

If we were serious about a protest we would hit AA where it hurts. delayed flights, canceled flights, maintenance not finished due to parts issues or just simply following the CMM's.
All within compliance for the AA mechanic. But we need leadership for that.

So let me see if I have this correct? Are you saying that a Union Leader or official with the Union should call out a few little “actions” against the Company there? Then you would say you have some leadership in the TWU?

Or would you call them a bunch of flaming morons for costing the members millions in dues money? Wasn’t there an issue like that at TWU Local 100 in the past that damn near put the TWU out of business?

When you were in office in the past is this something you would have called for or done? You have heard the words “injunction and fines” right?

Now go do whatever YOU feel you need to do. Be your own leader.

hey Du--A-- what part of following the AMM,CMM have to do with injunction or fines. Maybe for the airline.
I forgot you only know about throwing bags and obviously nothing about maintenance or maintaining airplanes.
I was a shop steward once, not really considered being in office.

hey Du--A-- what part of following the AMM,CMM have to do with injunction or fines. Maybe for the airline.
I forgot you only know about throwing bags and obviously nothing about maintenance or maintaining airplanes.
I was a shop steward once, not really considered being in office.

You’re the guy who said that “A Leader” needs to step up and inform the members to work by the book. So I say YOU should be that Leader you’re looking for.

Make up some flyers informing the people you work with what they should do to put pressure on the Company. Maybe you can even do one of those nifty little OT gigs too?

Now don’t forget to sign it there William Wallace and perhaps one day your coworkers will erect a bronze statue of you holding an I Phone typing tough guy words with a grimace.

Oh and BTW if you’re calling out “publicly” for any type of job action then you were an idiot Steward and I feel sorry for anyone who ever used you.

Shouldn’t you ALWAYS be working by the book anyway? ATD I hope you aren’t telling us that you’re a corner cutter?

Back