Aircraft maint issues

capt-_obvious.jpg

Line Hangar PHL.

Buck, Tom Talbert is 700UW, former stock clerk at USAir. Same posting style, same syntax, same poster.

When this account was created approximately a month ago it was identified as being someone in ATL and was a local president and since changed to PHL “aircraft maintenance”

Tom Talbert was the charter/founding member of the IAM which was established in a railroad pit in Hot-Lanta in 1888.

Not sure why the profile was changed.

Josh

I’m curious I read some post about getting rid of the IAM after the contract is signed. TWU members have done nothing but complain about how the IAM members have more holidays and vacation time. How the IAM have better medical benefits. The outsourcing is based on billable hours. I think we need to let go of both unions. I have been in several unions in my 30 plus years. I don’t trust either one. This will most likely be my last contract. I still want the technicians to get a better union then what they have.
Actually we are doing more than complain and it would be great to get some support from the IAM side. It’s not a jealousy thing. Most of what I see, and how I feel personally, is anger directed at the company for dragging negotiations out and at the IAM for having a IGM mentality. Even the hiring of Tom Ridge to look into outsourcing is being paid for by the TWU members.
Maybe when a T/A comes out that costs the IAM members something they will wake up.

700 refers to 700UW who was a long time, frequent and often confrontational poster here. His famous lines were “Don’t let the facts get in your way” (when giving misinformation) or “are you that stupid?” and would frequently defend the IAM.

700UW, was reportedly, a stock clerk at USAIR who left/separated from the company in 2005 yet frequented the US forum (and then AA forum shortly before the transaction closed) but also dabbled in Delta matters particularly about the IAMs organizing efforts. This poster has been gone/inactive for for nearly a year now.

Who he/she is, what their motivation is/was for posting and why they are no longer posting I’m not sure but this is the context most here are referring to when we say “700”. N700UW was the registration for USAIR’s first A319 delivered in the mid-late 1990s...

Josh
700 was hear to mislead and confuse. He and I went around the block about everything. He was proven wrong 9 out of 10 times by many people on these forums. He was a huge participant in keeping the members calm and telling them there will be a vote for this asso. just to keep the members from calling in AMFA for a vote. Then all of a sudden, BAM!!! The asso was certified by the NMB with no vote as promised by him, others as well as both the TWU and the IAM and the combined asso. The day this asso. was announced by the IAM/TWU I told these guys they will NOT get a vote, very, very few believed me, and 700 constantly called me a liar and said I was completely wrong and spreading misinformation, when he knew I was right all along. 700 was put on suspension at one time for a set period of time, then he was removed completely. Not sure what the exact reasons were.

When this account was created approximately a month ago it was identified as being someone in ATL and was a local president and since changed to PHL “aircraft maintenance”

Tom Talbert was the charter/founding member of the IAM which was established in a railroad pit in Hot-Lanta in 1888.

Not sure why the profile was changed.

Josh
The things that make you go hmmmmmm...
I knew he was coming at such a late date for a reason. Same exact thing 700 did when they came up with the asso. idea, same exact...

If the Association's M&R members were to hold a representational vote now, I can tell you with zero uncertainty - AMFA would win.
At least you guys would control your group, plus you would deside who gets in your group to vote on issues.

Only Mechanic and Related vote on our issues, Fleet votes on their issues and Maintenance Instructors vote on their issues.
Unfortunately fleet is the biggest group, and thus gains the most benefits.The labor cost pie is only so big, so the bigger groups that the company has to please gets the bigger piece, especially when you are in the same union.

Unfortunately fleet is the biggest group, and thus gains the most benefits.The labor cost pie is only so big, so the bigger groups that the company has to please gets the bigger piece, especially when you are in the same union.

So now you’re joining the chorus of spreading BS too? If I’m gaining the biggest piece of the pie then WHY am I making $40,000 per year TOS less than that smaller group?

Sad to see that you have become swamt part deux.

So now you’re joining the chorus of spreading BS too? If I’m gaining the biggest piece of the pie then WHY am I making $40,000 per year TOS less than that smaller group?

Sad to see that you have become swamt part deux.

Because they are talented, skilled professionals with an in demand skill and a tangible credential.

You were only the beneficiary of an arbitrary, subjective hiring decision judgement predicated on your ability to pass a background check and complete on the job training (procedures and standards training that was provided to you by your employer).

Weez you definitely seem like an astute individual but you admitted you don’t have formal education and live comfortably and are well compensated at AA-well above and beyond what the marketplace at large would be willing to offer you.

Josh

Because they are talented, skilled professionals with an in demand skill and a tangible credential.

You were only the beneficiary of an arbitrary, subjective hiring decision judgement predicated on your ability to pass a background check and complete on the job training (procedures and standards training that was provided to you by your employer).

Weez you definitely seem like an astute individual but you admitted you don’t have formal education and live comfortably and are well compensated at AA-well above and beyond what the marketplace at large would be willing to offer you.

Josh

On the Fleet thread there are two old 700 lines I posted.

Apply the second one to yourself.

Back