Aircraft maint issues

I couldn't agree more. And your right about the control, if the members had the control of the union, those things would have never happened. I am still amazed that the TWU is still existing at AA. AA will do anything to keep them on property. Having the IAM there now might help a tiny bit but we will all see when this T/A comes out and what kind of language changes are in there.
Don't think for a second if they feel their pet UNION is in danger they won't give a bit so the UNION can claim a win only to come back later and take more.

Personally I think if you do a comparative analysis of your total compensation you come out ahead of those that do "like" work (that being mechanical maintenance and repair). That being said how much buying power has the American citizen lost over the decades? Even if you "win" your not really winning, you are just losing slower.

Make no mistake your UNION does not exist to represent you, they exist to control you and fund the Democratic Party. Democrats have turned the collective bargaining process into a never ending money laundering scam. I have been saying that for years.

I think many of you are starting to see that.... or at least finally ready to admit it.

I just listened to a YouTube video of Tim Nelson commenting on the IAM Pension Fund. I basically knew about this fund as I have already performed my own research early on. There are many items that he referenced and if you
are a participant, you better do the research to protect your money. If you are not a participant, let's say an LAA employee, it is a warning to stay away. In this video, Tim makes a statement that referenced basically not participating in the IAM Pension Fund in lieu the AA 401k with 9% matching. I am going to verify this in case he misspoke.

Not arguing, but, no vendor in history has offered cheaper rates than Aeroman. That is fact. And Aeroman beat the US prices by a lot not just a little. Matter fact I remember the number 10 million in savings at one time from the company going with Aeroman. Forget the time period that was over, but I think it was a couple years. To this date no one has underbidded Aeroman on their hourly rate they charge. Even with paying crew to deliver, test flight, and fly in to pick up to deliver back to Dallas as well as all the fuel was a substantial savings over the FBO's in the US.
maybe for y'all but not industry wide. For the most part United, Delta and American have only recently started to have anything to do with them.

That isn't because management just discovered they were there. Like I said, they whipsaw the vendors. This month Delta will use ST aero, next month Aeroman, next month AAR etc. etc. etc. round and round we go.
Delta has used damn near every vendor in the west for narrowbody work. Fact is the savings for the work going out of house is minimal, thus to keep the margins in check they are constantly changing who does the work. From what I have seen from United and American they are doing the same. Y'all are the only ones who have mostly stuck with the same vendors, Aeroman and ATS.

Does anybody know for sure how layoffs will go in new contract? Either you go to base where your seniority will carry.

Or

The rules change everytime depending on how it effects the union officials.

Just listening to union guy talking about how he doesn’t want transfers to happen as to not effect his OT.

Union strong.

Hopefully you union is smart enough to go straight seniority.

So probably whatever system that screws you over the most but keeps Dallas happy.

I just listened to a YouTube video of Tim Nelson commenting on the IAM Pension Fund. I basically knew about this fund as I have already performed my own research early on. There are many items that he referenced and if you
are a participant, you better do the research to protect your money. If you are not a participant, let's say an LAA employee, it is a warning to stay away. In this video, Tim makes a statement that referenced basically not participating in the IAM Pension Fund in lieu the AA 401k with 9% matching. I am going to verify this in case he misspoke.

Buck, I didn't see your union mentioned in this article, but it is an eye opener about pensions and overall monies handled by the industrial unions. I would beware of all monies handled by them period.

Embezzlement plagues union offices around U.S., records show

Don't think for a second if they feel their pet UNION is in danger they won't give a bit so the UNION can claim a win only to come back later and take more.

Personally I think if you do a comparative analysis of your total compensation you come out ahead of those that do "like" work (that being mechanical maintenance and repair). That being said how much buying power has the American citizen lost over the decades? Even if you "win" your not really winning, you are just losing slower.

Make no mistake your UNION does not exist to represent you, they exist to control you and fund the Democratic Party. Democrats have turned the collective bargaining process into a never ending money laundering scam. I have been saying that for years.

I think many of you are starting to see that.... or at least finally ready to admit it.
The democratic party promises they are for working people, but their trade deals, health care reforms have all been disasters.

New year, new negotiations more of the same. Any bets on this weeks update?

New year, new negotiations more of the same. Any bets on this weeks update?
I could not agree more, the union will not come back to the members with no articles TA,d the union is dragging these negotiations out! The company has more money than ever before. Time to stop listening to their excuses!!!

I could not agree more, the union will not come back to the members with no articles TA,d the union is dragging these negotiations out! The company has more money than ever before. Time to stop listening to their excuses!!!

To be fair the company could bring this to a close this week. The company is unnecessarily stalling these negotiations. The union deserves plenty of blame but it is American Airlines that is stalling.

To be fair the company could bring this to a close this week. The company is unnecessarily stalling these negotiations. The union deserves plenty of blame but it is American Airlines that is stalling.
time to picket the union

so the nc is hiring lawyers to write the scope .....they didn't think of that along time ago?

I would say get what is in your pension, transferred to a 401k, and then contribute and get the American match, then you control your money.

I couldn't agree more. And your right about the control, if the members had the control of the union, those things would have never happened. I am still amazed that the TWU is still existing at AA. AA will do anything to keep them on property. Having the IAM there now might help a tiny bit but we will all see when this T/A comes out and what kind of language changes are in there.

The IAM if anything is more willing to play ball with the company and kick the can down the road so long as dues keep rolling in. Bob Owens posted this long before the merger:

We met with your management team on July 31. I was not impressed and let them know it. Told them that if they wouldnt give the workers they already have a decent deal why should we expect anything different? The COO guy went on and on about the synergies and about how the merger with America West had already produced synergies for the company, I asked how much of those synergies went to the employees? $400 million, $200 million $50 Million or ZERO. He started rambling on so I told him not to bother, I had my answer, ZERO, and thats what we could expect as well. I told them I had no interst in buidling a megga carrier built around super low mechanics wages.(Left the hat, but I kept the pens.)

If the IAM really is upset that US is not negotiating with them how come they have not asked the NMB for a release?

When we met with USAIR management back in July their COO pretty much said that the IAM was OK with just kicking the can down the road. The fact that they have not even asked to be released supports what the COO said.

Josh

The democratic party promises they are for working people, but their trade deals, health care reforms have all been disasters.
Disaster depends on goals and perspective.

Given the left's goals I am sure they consider those "disasters" 100% successful. To Democrats dependants equal power. This is how they create them.

I would say get what is in your pension, transferred to a 401k, and then contribute and get the American match, then you control your money.

When the Pension is based on time in retirement as well so much time before, how do you figure how much you can transfer to the 401k, with the unknown time in retirement?

Just messing around I tried to guess what my pension transfer would be. The company has a calculator but again the time factor is unknown

Latest posts

Back