Aircraft maint issues

Go right ahead, get a box full of those cheap Snap-Off Chinese tools you told us about,
I never said China cheap tools. I said second hand tools. There is a difference.

get required heavy jet experience for the 100g payday you imply is so easy to get with minimum expense, time, or effort.
I never implied anything of the sort. That exist only in your mind. I only stated their is potential for a good return on investment, and there is.

but they don't take many FNGs, especially with Chinese tools.
Nobody starts off with the best of the best tools. You work up to that.

So that 100g payday will be some time, if at all.
Yes, airline mechanic and EVERY OTHER JOB EVER. Nobody starts at the top of the pay scale for their profession.

being that you detest anything associated with any UNION, you might be screwed on the 100g's. Delta or Fed-Ex is about it.
Again, that exist only in your own mind. It's not UNION's I have a problem with. It is the TWU and the Association.

she's probably tired of humping bags.
She works at TULE. Not a lot of bag humping there. Thanks for your concern.

Hackman I am starting to think you have something mentally wrong with you. You are having a rather extreme reaction to me simply saying an A&P has the potential for a good RoI. You keep coming up with this fantasy scenario of people working for PimpCo Jet Service or doing 4 years in the military. I am sure there are other avenues. AA has optional entries into title 1 and over time someone could work their way up into a mechanics position. At one time American Airlines had a junior mechanic program. I have to believe if AA had those optional points of entry there must be other ones out there as well. Sure you won't make 100K being an aircraft cleaner. I get that. Like any other job you start where you can get in then work toward your goal.

Take your meds and calm down. Go have a cookie.

80941466.jpg

I never said China cheap tools. I said second hand tools. There is a difference.

I never implied anything of the sort. That exist only in your mind. I only stated their is potential for a good return on investment, and there is.

Nobody starts off with the best of the best tools. You work up to that.

Yes, airline mechanic and EVERY OTHER JOB EVER. Nobody starts at the top of the pay scale for their profession.

Again, that exist only in your own mind. It's not UNION's I have a problem with. It is the TWU and the Association.

She works at TULE. Not a lot of bag humping there. Thanks for your concern.

Hackman I am starting to think you have something mentally wrong with you. You are having a rather extreme reaction to me simply saying an A&P has the potential for a good RoI. You keep coming up with this fantasy scenario of people working for PimpCo Jet Service or doing 4 years in the military. I am sure there are other avenues. AA has optional entries into title 1 and over time someone could work their way up into a mechanics position. At one time American Airlines had a junior mechanic program. I have to believe if AA had those optional points of entry there must be other ones out there as well. Sure you won't make 100K being an aircraft cleaner. I get that. Like any other job you start where you can get in then work toward your goal.

Take your meds and calm down. Go have a cookie.

80941466.jpg
AT SWA a lot of guys get on as Ramp or a cleaner, with an A&P, get into our apprentice mechanics program, two year program if you don't have 5 years of heavy jet. So that is one way of making 100 Grand, eventually.

AT SWA a lot of guys get on as Ramp or a cleaner, with an A&P, get into our apprentice mechanics program, two year program if you don't have 5 years of heavy jet. So that is one way of making 100 Grand, eventually.
Yes indeed.

Another example of a good return on investment for an A&P.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

We're all insane as we continue to allow ourselves to be represented by the TWU! We should all be committed!

This has widely been dubunked he never said that phrase

1. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Einstein never said that. And neither did Benny Franklin. Salon has a good round-up of people using this quote in various political contexts, because politicians really love this quote. The Ultimate Quotable Einstein traces the quote to Rita Mae Brown's 1983 book Sudden Death, but it's almost certainly older than that. Also, that's not the definition of insanity.

Yes. Sounds easy but, very hard to get hired in with thousands of other applicants trying to do the same. Not trying to sound negative just saying how hard it in to get your resume seen here since the suit against SWA years back from the AACP. Things are very, very different now days as you already know. The days of walking the resume to the hiring crew is over. We can still help, but not like it use to be, just a little more work is required now days.
But yes a great program SWA has is the apprentice program. Get hired in one of the prefered AMFA represented groups as they have first choice for the program, then apply for the program, once your selected you have 2 years to get thru it, then you are a mechanic on probation for the next 6 months (I think) and then you are free. So after about 2.5-3 years you will be a full mechanic, then 5 years to top out...

I was just reading the flight attendants start negotiating their next contract at the end of the year. I’m curious who thinks the association will have one by then. We should not to give up any holidays, vacation and our pension. I know this will be my last contract. You older guys take care of the young techs make sure they have jobs. You younger technicians make sure us older technicians get their pension and medical would be nice!

Anyone attend the Union meeting today? I am out of town and wont make it. Whats being said by GP that will be any different then what they always say? Anyone?

Does anybody know where LAA A320 OH work will be done and where LUS A320 OH is done?

What work is done in PIT and PHX?

Does anybody know where LAA A320 OH work will be done and where LUS A320 OH is done?

What work is done in PIT and PHX?
861(LAA) is in SAL right now for C11. I've seen them there and BFM. I do not know about LUS metal.

Last edited by a moderator: