Aircraft maint issues

I have a total as of today of 3613 posts after this one, or an average of 240.8 posts per year.

583 post per year (May 29th 2010 to July 17th 2018) including this one (#4665) . WeAAsles actually accused me of LIVING on this forum. Count up how many posts HE averages a year. By the time we hit October 20th (The month and day he joined) that fool will have 3X my amount.

This is fun. :)

Then change your situation, or whine about it. You guys will still be talking about it, 10 years from now.
You know the guy is right.

Last edited:
583 post per year (May 29th 2010 to July 17th 2018) including this one (#4665) . WeAAsles actually accused me of LIVING on this forum. Count up how many posts HE averages a year. By the time we hit October 20th (The month and day he joined) that fool will have 3X my amount.

This is fun. :)

You know the guy is right.
I don't pay attention to count people's post, talk about OCD ! I still haven't heard if maintenance has a plan or not.

I don't pay attention to count people's post, talk about OCD ! I still haven't heard if maintenance has a plan or not.
Neither have we. It's a big secret. Vague informational updates. Company emails to the membership on this issue only creates more division. Guys don't see it. It's bad from both sides.

Neither have we. It's a big secret. Vague informational updates. Company emails to the membership on this issue only creates more division. Guys don't see it. It's bad from both sides.
The sad thing is ever since 1978 since airlines were deregulated American has had good times and bad times and Employees have just became a commodity , however no one really wants to think that. Therefore the Unions have had to deal with that. If you guys ever managed to change unions , you would still be dealing with the same mentality from management. SWA was always small and the Herb days are long behind us. So now we don't just get contracts. However your Union can't stall forever and eventually let the membership vote, and whatever happens, happens.

That's fine , you need a game plan to figure out what you are going to do. You guys don't like your situation then change it. Have some meetings and figure who you can go with. SWA with maintenance has been the IAM, then their own in house union. Teamsters for years, then AMFA in 2003.I doubt seriously they would have gotten in, if the Northwest situation would have happened in say 2000 or 2001. Pick some one you can actually certify the UAW someone.

There are some timing considerations, and other issues that have to factor in as well. It's coming...

There are some timing considerations, and other issues that have to factor in as well. It's coming...
I hope you guys can muster the votes that you need to do it. But make sure you have enough on board if your Association drags this out without a T/A to look at that may be the real trigger point, only you guys know your work group.

I do not usually either. However Hackman's comment did make me wonder how many posts people average that have accused me of "living on the forums". I take great joy in seeing my hypocrite accuser having 3 times my yearly amount.

I do not usually either. However Hackman's comment did make me wonder how many posts people average that have accused me of "living on the forums". I take great joy in seeing my hypocrite accuser having 3 times my yearly amount.
I am sure he is a good mechanic, but he must be fun to work with if he is as bitter in person as he is on here. I feel sorry for his crew chief.

I am sure he is a good mechanic, but he must be fun to work with if he is as bitter in person as he is on here. I feel sorry for his crew chief.
I think La Li was speaking about your/his ramper buddy Dippy Dave the WeAAsle, La Li is just another outsider looking in. I really don't take much stock in what La Li opines, he's is no longer in the airline industry or an AMT.

You call me bitter? You can't even live under a fully intact contract at SWA without daily crying and sniveling about your pay raise, or stomping around waiting to blindly vote YES on your T/A, to get your money. Of course, it's all about your IGMer needs. Screw the others, I want mine.

I feel sorry for your poor crew, wading through a river of weak kneed Reamster Roy IGM tears in rubber boots must make a long day for them.

If things ever turn really nasty at LUV and a strike is called, you'll be one of the first to scab.

Guaranteed.

I think La Li was speaking about your/his ramper buddy Dippy Dave the WeAAsle, La Li is just another outsider looking in. I really don't take much stock in what La Li opines, he's is no longer in the airline industry or an AMT.

You call me bitter? You can't even live under a fully intact contract at SWA without daily crying and sniveling about your pay raise, or stomping around waiting to blindly vote YES on your T/A, to get your money. Of course, it's all about your IGMer needs. Screw the others, I want mine.

I feel sorry for your poor crew, wading through a river of weak kneed Reamster Roy IGM tears in rubber boots must make a long day for them.

If things ever turn really nasty at LUV and a strike is called, you'll be one of the first to scab.

Guaranteed.
If you ever original it would be amazing . First of all we are too big to strike. We have guys addicted to overtime. The guys on my crew are sick of AMFA bullshit. Some are ex Northwest and United, and think you kiss Seham ass everynight or send him an email. They were f by AMFA at Northwest and United , so they would cross in a heartbeat. Also some of them are Ex Eastern. You are completely full of crap, banging away on your little phone or computer. So if you hate your Union then either get involved or change representation, or STFU about it. I guarantee if SWA ever went south the industrial unions would welcome our group with open arms, and step over AMFA dead carcasses, just like you made sure you did with the TWA members.You guys made sure the Kansas city bases and St Louis bases were decimated. In closing when you make over 100,000 a year as a mechanic , I doubt more than 8% would walk. Have a nice life Butthead! :)

Last edited:
If you ever original it would be amazing . First of all we are too big to strike. We have guys addicted to overtime. The guys on my crew are sick of AMFA bullshit. Some are ex Northwest and United, and think you kiss Seham ass everynight or send him an email. They were f by AMFA at Northwest and United , so they would cross in a heartbeat. Also some of them are Ex Eastern. You are completely full of crap, banging away on your little phone or computer. So if you hate your Union then either get involved or change representation, or STFU about it. I guarantee if SWA ever went south the industrial unions would welcome our group with open arms, and step over AMFA dead carcasses, just like you made sure you did with the TWA members.You guys made sure the Kansas city bases and St Louis bases were decimated. In closing when you make over 100,000 a year as a mechanic , I doubt more than 8% would walk. Have a nice life Butthead! :)

What have you been smoking? If you don't understand what happened to TWA, please don't throw out random BS comments to disparage the rank and file TWU members. That was all handled by an arbitrator named Kasher.

Not unlike Hackman, I too had close contact with NWA AMTs - to this day, they stick to their guns on their decision to strike. Don't forget what their choices were at the time, and you tell us what you would do.
1) Vote YES and 55% of the AMFA membership gets RIF'd - most are the non AMT type BTW.
2) Vote No and risk going on strike

I can understand your frustration; but trust me, your frustration with any of these other non craft unions would be double given the same circumstances.

So what is your point ? If you worked for SWA and you didn't like what was going on you have a right to complain. I really don't care for AMFA because I feel they have ceased being democratic, and are being controlled by a small percentage of our work group. Let me ask you this when you guys have come an AIP, what was the general time it took to become a T/ A at American. About 30 days? There is hardly any communication going on. Rumor has it, AMFA is trying to get our bonus money to control the distribution. The company says no. You and I both know what happens to money if a union controls it. It disappears. Without insulting each other, do you guys think you can change your situation or not?

What are you crying about, even a small group is better than what we have, The Association. That is basically 2 International ( Grand Lodge ) stooges.that control our negotiations/contracts..

I think La Li was speaking about your/his ramper buddy Dippy Dave the WeAAsle,

Yes I was.

La Li is just another outsider looking in. I really don't take much stock in what La Li opines, he's is no longer in the airline industry or an AMT.
My wife clocks in and out of TULE 5 days a week just like many of you. My household is just as affected by the contract as ANY American Airlines employee so, I don't really care if you think my "opines" are valid or not Hackman.

That being said, I put 12 years into that airline. Funny how when you work at American Airlines you are a UNION BROTHER but when you are on layoff status you are an "outsider looking in". Just one more example of the never ending UNION hypocrisy.

I have to ask why is it that you seem bound and determined to make an enemy of me? I don't recall us having any confrontations in the past. In fact I find myself agreeing with a lot of what you say.

It seems to me like you are just angry period. Problem is it's not focused on anything but everybody.

Latest posts