Aircraft maint issues

Not trying to argue here, but para 3 and 4 are not accurate. The soon to be asso. (TWU/IAM) did in fact tell the members last time that they would lose, "LOSE" their pension when the card drive kicked into high gear. They (asso., TWU/IAM) never said it would only be frozen until renegotiated or a new retirement program was brought in until it was too late and all the mechanics were flooding the unions and the international. The soon to be asso. di use the pension as a tool to keep some members from signing cards and it did work for some.
Not insinuating anything here, but, a lot of folks did believe the unions that they would in fact lose their pensions, I along with a few others in the forums at the time was trying to get it across the membership that they would NOT lose their pensions that it would simply get frozen until something else was worked out with the new union coming in.
The big change was when the teamsters got involved and promised to get them into their pensions. The exact sake promises they made to the UAL guys and never came thru.
Again, not arguing, just pointing out facts from the past and they are still in those old forums that were started when the announcement of this asso. being created was announced. Feel free to research for yourself as there are hundreds and hundreds of pages to read thru as it went on for over a year.
Weez you were not in those forums from the very beginning, I believe you didn't start coming in until the TWU/IAM started feeling the drive was in fact starting to be felt by the two unions.

I could care less about the minority AMT’s never ending drives so please don’t paint me as a puppet to any of what YES 100% I consider to be nonsense. Industrywide it is absolutely well documented that changing representation has not created an advantage for any group at any airline. No group is really doing any better than anyone else. Despite how anyone on here wants to try and spin it. I just HATE BS swamt, HATE IT with a passion.

Anyway if you read this technically yes you’re right and there is an allusion that if they left they would lose their Pension. But Legally its absolutely a ridiculous idea.

http://www.usaamerger.com/2013/07/23/mechanic-pensions-on-the-line-in-us-airways-election/

But no I’m also not looking to argue with you either and PLEASE can you honestly use paragraphs? I really try to read you but without paragraphs it’s extremely difficult and I also think others probably feel the same way.

I’m curious and we have discussed this in the past.

Do you feel that if the Mechanics were no longer being represented by the IAM that the IAMNPF should continue to collect funds from AA for individuals that they are no longer representing moving forward?

They wouldn’t tell them they’re going to lose their Pension and I’d hope no Mechanic is uneducated enough to believe that anyway.

They would tell them that their Pension will be frozen and until they have a new agreement with the Airline, AA would have to either hold or find a way to distribute the members contributions to them.

AA might have to put it in some type of bank account under their name and those Members might not be able to touch that money until they retire since the agreement was for retirement purposes?

Now I have heard arguments that AA doesn’t have to do anything and since the IAMPF will likely no longer accept contributions, those monies could be forfeit? I HIGHLY doubt that but I can understand the confusion.

And I don’t think as many LUS Mechanics are tied to the IAMNPF as you think Metal? Otherwise the IBT a few years back wouldn’t have received the votes they got.
The threat as in the past was that they would LOSE their pension. Not just stop and freeze it. many members fell for it.

The threat as in the past was that they would LOSE their pension. Not just stop and freeze it. many members fell for it.

Unfortunate if you’re telling me that you think there are that many uneducated AMT’s out there.

But that still didn’t answer the question if you think they should continue to collect funds from AA for them if they did decertify?

Unfortunate if you’re telling me that you think there are that many uneducated AMT’s out there.

But that still didn’t answer the question if you think they should continue to collect funds from AA for them if they did decertify?
Who said antything about Decertifying? Could you explain?

I could care less about the minority AMT’s never ending drives so please don’t paint me as a puppet to any of what YES 100% I consider to be nonsense. Industrywide it is absolutely well documented that changing representation has not created an advantage for any group at any airline. No group is really doing any better than anyone else. Despite how anyone on here wants to try and spin it. I just HATE BS swamt, HATE IT with a passion.

Anyway if you read this technically yes you’re right and there is an allusion that if they left they would lose their Pension. But Legally its absolutely a ridiculous idea.

http://www.usaamerger.com/2013/07/23/mechanic-pensions-on-the-line-in-us-airways-election/

But no I’m also not looking to argue with you either and PLEASE can you honestly use paragraphs? I really try to read you but without paragraphs it’s extremely difficult and I also think others probably feel the same way.
Let’s see when northwest got AMFA . They got there raise and we at AA united and Delta got those raises. Then now that southwest has AMFA. It took us a while at the rest of the carriers to catch up and pass southwest. But we haven’t passed fedex are ups yet. I do not care there are so many mechanics there compared to airline. My A&P LICENSE is signing the same type airplanes to fly pax instead of cargo. But you saying that when nw went AMFA There were big changes. The AMFA EFFECT

Let’s see when northwest got AMFA . They got there raise and we at AA united and Delta got those raises. Then now that southwest has AMFA. It took us a while at the rest of the carriers to catch up and pass southwest. But we haven’t passed fedex are ups yet. I do not care there are so many mechanics there compared to airline. My A&P LICENSE is signing the same type airplanes to fly pax instead of cargo. But you saying that when nw went AMFA There were big changes. The AMFA EFFECT

AMFA is spectacular and yet your group no longer wants them and instead wishes to go with an “idea” that was abandoned by your group in the past 4 years ago?

You really can’t understand my skepticism?

But we haven’t passed fedex are ups yet. I do not care there are so many mechanics there compared to airline. My A&P LICENSE is signing the same type airplanes to fly pax instead of cargo
Maybe one day you will get it through your head that FedEx and UPS are not airlines. They have a different business model, target a different customer base, and yes, have different pay structures.

You don't make what Fedex and UPS mechanics make for the same reason regional and military mechanics don't make what you make. You have different employers with different cost models who fulfill different niches.

You are beating a dead horse with this FedEx/UPS nonsense. Let it go.

Who said antything about Decertifying? Could you explain?

The Association (TWU/IAM) hold an NMB certification to represent your Class and Craft. You’re currently looking to decertify both of them and apparently certify a new Union named Aircraft Maintenance Professionals or AMP for short.

I know what you were thinking but no that wasn’t what I was implying you guys were looking for.

Are you guys going to go back and fire up this old Facebook page or stick with the new one?

https://m.facebook.com/AMP.AA.2010/

258CBCFC-AFDB-4125-9DEC-65337D867C6E.png

Those guys at Northwest when they kicked the IAM out and voted AMFA in, they had not had a raise in 10 years. So yes they got their big raise, then they used their contract language against them, to stop chopping heads. The success AMFA has had at Southwest , because my company has always made money, and we were able to get raises and hang onto our language.

And title 2 guys.
Don't even have a clue on how or what the USAIR guys will do if approached by someone to fill out an AMP card.
You would have to present what benefit this independent union is over the IAM, plus how it is structured, and what you guys will be asking for in your contract. They know their pension is going to be frozen regardless if they stayed in the IAM or not.Good luck guys.

I heard today that CLT was onboard 100%. I am sure now that the first step is complete, we will see what the Mechanics have on their mind. Another, DFW is at 75%. One personal message I would like to convey to the LAA Line Mechanics that you have been correct when you got treated badly by TUL base. But be assured it was not all of TUL.

The meeting in TUL was full of energy and TWU nor the company came by to watch. cards are going to be printed very soon.

Latest posts

Back