Aircraft maint issues

Can you imagine how much cheaper the taxes are in Brazil, or no taxes, then say the state of New York?

How can you compare taxation in Brazil to New York?
Are the Mechanics of Brazil going to receive compensation equal to our potential wages?

1 Brazilian Real equals 0.26 United States Dollar with an inflation rate of 4.5%

Plus these Brazillian citizens working for American Airlines, do they receive the same healthcare as those at American in the United States?

Taxes... How about SALARIES?
Cheaper than any state in the US I bet.
Well I do know this the reason SWA took forever to put maintenance in Denver. Is because the city of Denver taxed the Airlines on aircraft parts inventory, they used to fly mechanics and parts downline everyday because it is really expensive to keep parts in Denver. I guess they had to get money for their fancy Airport.

Are the Mechanics of Brazil going to receive compensation equal to our potential wages?

1 Brazilian Real equals 0.26 United States Dollar with an inflation rate of 4.5%

Plus these Brazillian citizens working for American Airlines, do they receive the same healthcare as those at American in the United States?

Great questions. Now, where are the answers???

I am talking about corporate taxes, and property taxes:why do you think they built a facility in Brazil, to help the Brazilian economy? I highly doubt it.

I am talking about corporate taxes, and property taxes:why do you think they built a facility in Brazil, to help the Brazilian economy? I highly doubt it.

They built it in Brazil because wages are lower and based on their economy, not the US.
The combined state and the federal corporate tax rate for New York is 26.1% and Brazil is 34%

They built it in Brazil because wages are lower and based on their economy, not the US.
The combined state and the federal corporate tax rate for New York is 26.1% and Brazil is 34%
do not reply with facts it confuses him and he will not respond unless he can say he does not believe the facts

Also, 5 wide bodies sit on the ground all day in GRU. Why wouldn't they want to take advantage of that ROD situation? Sure beats the hell outta working nights!

I also heard a rumor they have room for another hangar next to the existing one.

Also, 5 wide bodies sit on the ground all day in GRU. Why wouldn't they want to take advantage of that ROD situation? Sure beats the hell outta working nights!

I also heard a rumor they have room for another hangar next to the existing one.
That's 5 widebody aircraft sitting out of the country that we can not use for swapping out equipment in stations like DFW, JFK, MIA, LAX. So if a swap is needed at these stations and no equipment is available it costs the company money. I guess it's OK to have that many widebody aircraft sit all day in one station out of the country.

Hey man I thought you had me on ignore? (Just kidding ya ok)

Both points above are good and I absolutely agree. I deleted your third paragraph though cause I wouldn’t exactly call it a scam as much as otherwise your point there was good too.

No if you’re older and have a limited time left you plan to stay and you already have your frozen AA DBP and are maximizing your 401k you are probably better off staying the course.

BTW 1AA I don’t think the IAMPF is going to be offered to us at all and I don’t think it has anything to do with our current stall out.

The main drivers are SCOPE (Predominantly a TWU issue) and Medical Costs (Predominantly an IAM issue) but both issues have concerns shared by both Unions.

What's holding things up is dues (headcount)...if they offered to add heads and keep medical and everything else intact...the Twu/IAM would sell us down the river again...just keep my job secure..after me, new hires, I cannot afford to worry...business will shrink and u can't expect the company to hire when we have station overlaps...hence the early out...the unions want the early outs headcount replaced...I don't Blame the company for saying no...

Of course the wages are lower, I am sure the Brazilian government gave them all kinds of Tax breaks to have the facility built. You can say what you want, but the state of New York has ridiculous taxes, it's why companies move jobs to the Southern states, or overseas. Why would they want to pay high taxes and high salaries, they don't.

That's 5 widebody aircraft sitting out of the country that we can not use for swapping out equipment in stations like DFW, JFK, MIA, LAX. So if a swap is needed at these stations and no equipment is available it costs the company money. I guess it's OK to have that many widebody aircraft sit all day in one station out of the country.

Planes sit there because of the flight schedule, just like foreign carriers have planes sitting in cities all across the USA's big airports. Plus in GRU those mechs do a lot of work, go through the logbook sometime of the 777s that spend time there. Mostly cards are getting accomplished and MELs are being removed, not every station operates like DFW where nothing gets accomplished except for the break room geniuses saying what AA should do. There is only so much room at DWH.

DFW should be broken in two, DFW (terminal operation) and DWH (HGR operation) seems like the management from DWH is much better and will be able utilize all that hangar space so much better, DWH should be able to bring all wide body phase checks to DWH, use the hangar space and have shorter logistic lines along with paying less rent then say in JFK etc etc.....and for an added bonus all 300 plus mechs that want to transfer to texas can transfer to texas, where you would have a motivated work force.

Thanks for the lesson. I never knew that, genius.
So, I won't shed any tears when de-icing gets outsourced completely, because after all, you don't have to be fleet service to deice.
Mechanics aren't allowed to talk about jobs lost in the past...But here we have fleet service crying about de-icing...A SEASONAL job function which puts lucrative OT in the trash heap.
BOOHOOO!

Seemed like that had to be explained to you, you don't come across as too knowledgeable about aircraft maint, I'm guessing you're an OSM from TUL or DWH, and have never worked an airplane on your own before.

[
Seemed like that had to be explained to you, you don't come across as too knowledgeable about aircraft maint, I'm guessing you're an OSM from TUL or DWH, and have never worked an airplane on your own before.
You really want to go down this path?
I'll give you a hint...I began as an aircraft mechanic quite some time before deregulation changed the business forever. I have ONLY worked as an aircraft mechanic in both line and OH with 707's still flying. Mostly line though.
I can almost guarantee by the way you post that I am way older than you and way more experienced.
Let me know if you want to continue with your accusations that I am not too knowledgeable about aircraft maintenance.

Last edited:
Planes sit there because of the flight schedule, just like foreign carriers have planes sitting in cities all across the USA's big airports. Plus in GRU those mechs do a lot of work, go through the logbook sometime of the 777s that spend time there. Mostly cards are getting accomplished and MELs are being removed, not every station operates like DFW where nothing gets accomplished except for the break room geniuses saying what AA should do. There is only so much room at DWH.

DFW should be broken in two, DFW (terminal operation) and DWH (HGR operation) seems like the management from DWH is much better and will be able utilize all that hangar space so much better, DWH should be able to bring all wide body phase checks to DWH, use the hangar space and have shorter logistic lines along with paying less rent then say in JFK etc etc.....and for an added bonus all 300 plus mechs that want to transfer to texas can transfer to texas, where you would have a motivated work force.
So let's concentrate on GRU and DFW.. Screw all other line stations? Don't think DFW will not feel the effects of work done in GRU.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back