Aircraft maint issues

1AA I do have a question just for my own curiosity..... How much GEO pay ($ per hour) do you think is appropriate for you DFW guys? Also what do you think is fair for the really high cost areas? Just wondering what you are thinking. I will tell you that I do support GEO pay and always have. I also would not vote against any TA that provided that for DFW. I am of the opinion if I wanted GEO pay I can bid to one of those areas. So it is the reverse of "If you don't like it move to Tulsa."

1AA I do have a question just for my own curiosity..... How much GEO pay ($ per hour) do you think is appropriate for you DFW guys? Also what do you think is fair for the really high cost areas? Just wondering what you are thinking. I will tell you that I do support GEO pay and always have. I also would not vote against any TA that provided that for DFW. I am of the opinion if I wanted GEO pay I can bid to one of those areas. So it is the reverse of "If you don't like it move to Tulsa."

Jiminy Cricket I hope NO ONE is suggesting DFW people should get ANY GEO pay?????? That would be beyond totally and completely RIDICULOUS!!!! LMAO. Nuts.

DFW is cheaper than dirt to live in. DFW, LMAO.

Last edited:
This is the issue that we have in our union. More appointees. Never get to vote any of these guys in or out.

Dear IEC&B, Local Presidents and International Staff:

:
On Wednesday, June 21, the International Executive Council voted unanimously to fill the vacancies on the International Administrative Committee left open by recent retirements and appointments. Below, please find the new IAC officers and their updated positions:

:
John Samuelsen, International President

Alex Garcia, International Executive Vice President

Gary E. Maslanka, International Secretary-Treasurer

John Bland, International Administrative Vice President

Jerome Lafragola, International Administrative Vice President

As the new TWU International leadership, we stand united, and look forward to working together on behalf of all TWU members.

:
United Invincible,
John, Alex, Gary, John and Jerome

Wow. Not one single spot at the international level is voted on by the membership? That's simply a buddy-buddy system at work there. "Hey buddy, I'll get you unanimously voted in by the international partners and you to can start making a ridiculous salary of $250,000 per year for doing nothing at all, are you in buddy?"

Wow. Not one single spot at the international level is voted on by the membership? That's simply a buddy-buddy system at work there. "Hey buddy, I'll get you unanimously voted in by the international partners and you to can start making a ridiculous salary of $250,000 per year for doing nothing at all, are you in buddy?"
Sad isn't it?
We let it happen or affect us at the least by not dumping this union.

Did anyone hear anything about RR signing a lease for the old TASEL facility?
COUNCIL ACTION: Approved on 6/20/2017
DATE: 6/20/2017 REFERENCE NO.: **L-16046 LOG NAME: 21AMFROLLSROYCE
CODE: L TYPE: CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING: NO
SUBJECT:
Authorize Execution of a Lease Agreement with Rolls Royce North America, Incorporated or an Affiliate for a Portion of the Alliance Fort Worth Maintenance Base Located at 2112 Eagle Parkway and Authorize Execution of a Brokerage Commission Agreement with Cushman & Wakefield, Incorporated at a Rate of 4.50 Percent of the Base Rent (COUNCIL DISTRICT 7)

RECOMMENDATION:
It is recommended that the City Council:

1. Authorize execution of a Lease Agreement with Rolls Royce North America, Incorporated or an affiliate to lease a portion of the Alliance Fort Worth Maintenance Base, to include the Turbine Engine Overhaul Building, the Test Cell and the Heat, Treat, Blast and Spray Shop, located at 2112 Eagle Parkway, Fort Worth, Texas 76177; and

2. Authorize the City Manager or his designee to execute a Brokerage Commission Agreement with Cushman & Wakefield, Incorporated at a rate of 4.50 percent of the base rent.

DISCUSSION:
On November 1, 2016, 444,000 square feet of space (Premises) at the Alliance Fort Worth Maintenance Base (AFWMB), previously under lease with Texas Aero Engine Services, LLC (TAESL), became available for a new tenant. In October 2016, Hillwood Properties, the City's leasing and management agent for the AFWMB, began negotiations with Rolls Royce North America and their representative to lease the majority of the space being vacated by TAESL. A proposed Lease Agreement has been negotiated with Rolls Royce North America, Incorporated for Engine Test Cell facility, Turbine Overhaul Building, and the Heat, Treat, Blast and Spray Building, and accompanying parking.

Below are the highlighted terms from the proposed Lease Agreement:

Primary Term of 10 years
Base Rent to be paid as follows:
Months 1 -12: No Rent
Months 13-60: $1.00 per square foot ($440,000.00 per year)
Months 61-120: $1.10 per square foot ($555,000.00 per year)

Two five-year renewal options at then current market rates
Rolls Royce assumes operating expenses for the premises during the term of the lease
During the entire term of the lease, the Alliance Maintenance Fund is estimated to increase by approximately $3,200,000.00 and the City saves approximately $250,000.00 per month in current subsidies for the existing operation of the Central Utility Plant at the AFWMB. Additionally, Rolls Royce intends to make approximately $9,000,000.00 in improvements to the Test Cell facility to accommodate their planned operations, which improvements will be the property of the City.

As outlined in the Leasing Agreement between the Alliance Airport Authority and Hillwood Properties, which was assigned to the City via M&C L-15748 on January 15, 2015, Hillwood brokerage commission fees due will be 2.25 percent of the base rent. The Leasing Agreement also stipulates that cooperating brokers in the transaction would be paid a separate commission fee of 4.5 percent of the base rent. Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., was the cooperating real estate broker assisting with the negotiations and upon approval of this M&C and the execution of the lease, the City will enter into a separate Commission Agreement with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., for their commission fee.

This property is located in COUNCIL DISTRICT 7.

FISCAL INFORMATION/CERTIFICATION:
The Director of Finance certifies that the Property Management Department is responsible for the fiscal administration of this lease which includes the collection and deposit of lease revenue and the payment of lease commissions.

TO
Fund Department
ID Account Project
ID Program Activity Budget
Year Reference #
(Chartfield 2) Amount

FROM
Fund Department
ID Account Project
Year Reference #
(Chartfield 2) Amount
2) 28009 0214020 5330201 $204,795.00
Submitted for City Manager's Office by:
Jay Chapa (5804)
Originating Department Head:
Steve Cooke (5134)
Additional Information Contact:
Jean Petr (8367)
Mark Brown (5197)

ATTACHMENTS
M and C map for RR 2100EagleParkway.pdf
Rolls Royce form 1295.pdf

HAD ENOUGH YET?

SUBJECT:
Authorize Execution of a Lease Agreement with Rolls Royce North America, Incorporated or an Affiliate for a Portion of the Alliance Fort Worth Maintenance Base Located at 2112 Eagle Parkway and Authorize Execution of a Brokerage Commission Agreement with Cushman & Wakefield, Incorporated at a Rate of 4.50 Percent of the Base Rent (COUNCIL DISTRICT 7)

RECOMMENDATION:

Sent the TWU packing! Great job RR.

SUBJECT:

RECOMMENDATION:

1. Authorize execution of a Lease Agreement with Rolls Royce North America, Incorporated or an affiliate to lease a portion of the Alliance Fort Worth Maintenance Base, to include the Turbine Engine Overhaul Building, the Test Cell and the Heat, Treat, Blast and Spray Shop, located at 2112 Eagle Parkway, Fort Worth, Texas 76177; and

2. Authorize the City Manager or his designee to execute a Brokerage Commission Agreement with Cushman & Wakefield, Incorporated at a rate of 4.50 percent of the base rent.

DISCUSSION:
On November 1, 2016, 444,000 square feet of space (Premises) at the Alliance Fort Worth Maintenance Base (AFWMB), previously under lease with Texas Aero Engine Services, LLC (TAESL), became available for a new tenant. In October 2016, Hillwood Properties, the City's leasing and management agent for the AFWMB, began negotiations with Rolls Royce North America and their representative to lease the majority of the space being vacated by TAESL. A proposed Lease Agreement has been negotiated with Rolls Royce North America, Incorporated for Engine Test Cell facility, Turbine Overhaul Building, and the Heat, Treat, Blast and Spray Building, and accompanying parking.

Below are the highlighted terms from the proposed Lease Agreement:

Primary Term of 10 years
Base Rent to be paid as follows:
Months 1 -12: No Rent
Months 13-60: $1.00 per square foot ($440,000.00 per year)
Months 61-120: $1.10 per square foot ($555,000.00 per year)

Two five-year renewal options at then current market rates
Rolls Royce assumes operating expenses for the premises during the term of the lease
During the entire term of the lease, the Alliance Maintenance Fund is estimated to increase by approximately $3,200,000.00 and the City saves approximately $250,000.00 per month in current subsidies for the existing operation of the Central Utility Plant at the AFWMB. Additionally, Rolls Royce intends to make approximately $9,000,000.00 in improvements to the Test Cell facility to accommodate their planned operations, which improvements will be the property of the City.

As outlined in the Leasing Agreement between the Alliance Airport Authority and Hillwood Properties, which was assigned to the City via M&C L-15748 on January 15, 2015, Hillwood brokerage commission fees due will be 2.25 percent of the base rent. The Leasing Agreement also stipulates that cooperating brokers in the transaction would be paid a separate commission fee of 4.5 percent of the base rent. Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., was the cooperating real estate broker assisting with the negotiations and upon approval of this M&C and the execution of the lease, the City will enter into a separate Commission Agreement with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., for their commission fee.

This property is located in COUNCIL DISTRICT 7.

FISCAL INFORMATION/CERTIFICATION:
The Director of Finance certifies that the Property Management Department is responsible for the fiscal administration of this lease which includes the collection and deposit of lease revenue and the payment of lease commissions.

TO
Fund Department
ID Account Project
Year Reference #
(Chartfield 2) Amount

FROM
Fund Department
ID Account Project
Year Reference #
(Chartfield 2) Amount
2) 28009 0214020 5330201 $204,795.00
Submitted for City Manager's Office by:
Jay Chapa (5804)
Originating Department Head:
Steve Cooke (5134)
Additional Information Contact:
Jean Petr (8367)
Mark Brown (5197)

ATTACHMENTS
M and C map for RR 2100EagleParkway.pdf
Rolls Royce form 1295.pdf

Thank you AOAM86, it sucks the way it closed and caused a ton of family turmoil on moving or just moving on. Maybe some of the guys who chose to stay with AA and are now at another station will have the opportunity to get back to the DFW area even if they have to leave AA to do it. Just another
reason the IAMPF sucks! With the AA plan, they can justify leaving AA because they can start drawing after 55 (all though at a lower benefit) and still WORK!!!

Reactions: 1AA
Thank you AOAM86, it sucks the way it closed and caused a ton of family turmoil on moving or just moving on. Maybe some of the guys who chose to stay with AA and are now at another station will have the opportunity to get back to the DFW area even if they have to leave AA to do it. Just another
reason the IAMPF sucks! With the AA plan, they can justify leaving AA because they can start drawing after 55 (all though at a lower benefit) and still WORK!!!
Yes it does sucks but the IAMPF, IAM, TWU and the AFL-CIO don't care what or how we feel about it. They will just make collecting dues and getting the AA guys in the IAMPF a priority.

At my station I'd say at least half of the TAESL guys would leave AA for the RR job.

And then when RR is fully staffed DFW will open up for transfers. Ain't that how it works!!

The one draw back, I doubt an engine shop is going to pay $47 an hour.

Back