Aircraft maint issues

This is good but unless the IAM is in on the fight we sound like a bunch of cry babies. Both unions created the Association and yet the Association and the IAM leadership is silent. How much longer do we have to wait until it is time to send the Association and IAM packing?

My opinion, we get a jcba done. Then turn our attention to legitimate representation.

My opinion, we get a jcba done. Then turn our attention to legitimate representation.
How many times have I heard that before?
According to all the lame excuses it's never a good time to change representation.
Oh wait we are in negotiations.
Oh we have a contract why change?
And so on and so on.
And here we are today worse than ever.

How many times have I heard that before?
According to all the lame excuses it's never a good time to change representation.
Oh wait we are in negotiations.
Oh we have a contract why change?
And so on and so on.
And here we are today worse than ever.

Yeah, I get it. It is pretty frustrating.

IT's completely different now from when you were here. They use Jetnet to push all this propaganda and give the rest of the airline the impression that everyone is very happy. The meal on AMT Day was a prime example. They had planned on loading Jetnet up with pictures of AMTs happily eating the meals. If we give them those opportunities they will use them against us. Yes I will reject everything they offer until they do what they promised and give us our ILC.
Same thing at our company too.

100% agree. just like we did at SWA. As soon as the reamsters was done with our new contract, we fired them in record 2 weeks and brought in AMFA in 2003. Hope you guys do the same with what ever union you want to replace this asso. Good luck.

Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing or what they did in the past. Make a committment to fight until you get whats yours. The rest is all excuses to me.

Anything different than that, and the company has won and has you where they want you! And then we can move on to the next phase of who to blame, because it certainly couldnt be the fact of us not backing the union a d their directions. Usually sounds like " the union screwed me again". Question gets asked, did you do everything the union asked you to do? No, i didnt do any of it because i got screwed a long time ago (therfore i will lay down and take it willingly from now on). So you ignore the battle plans and lost the battle? This has to be the fault of the union for sure!

Get out there and fight!!!!

While we are still under a BK CBA, last year AA racked up the most of any airline in baggage fees.

"The airline with the highest baggage-fee profits, American Airlines, made more than$1 billion in 2016, according to the report."

https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/...rline_information/baggage_fees/html/2016.html

We are begging for a contract without the help of the IAM, Association and the AFL-CIO.

My opinion is starting to make sense.
One union, one voice.
In a way we have this. The TWU is the one union and the one voice being left out to dry by the Association and the IAM.

Profits up for 2017. North America biggest gain.
That's us here at American Airlines.
http://news.airwise.com/story/iata-ups-2017-airline-profit-forecast

Last edited:
While we are still under a BK CBA, last year AA racked up the most of any airline in baggage fees.

"The airline with the highest baggage-fee profits, American Airlines, made more than$1 billion in 2016, according to the report."

https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/...rline_information/baggage_fees/html/2016.html

We are begging for a contract without the help of the IAM, Association and the AFL-CIO.

My opinion is starting to make sense.
One union, one voice.
In a way we have this. The TWU is the one union and the one voice being left out to dry by the Association and the IAM.

Profits up for 2017. North America biggest gain.
That's us here at American Airlines.
http://news.airwise.com/story/iata-ups-2017-airline-profit-forecast
Isn't there TWU reps in the negotiations? Now it's the IAM's fault. Go change your diaper.

Isn't there TWU reps in the negotiations? Now it's the IAM's fault. Go change your diaper.
You missed the point. We are suppose to be one group represented by the Association. The IAM leadership and the Association are not getting involved. The TWU guys are the only ones making noise. Why is that from a IAM point of view? No unity from the top down. Blame who you want but we are suppose to be in this together. Does the IAM want a JCBA? Is the Association serious abut getting a JCBA for both sides? I don't see much happening from the TWU side. The updates are a joke, things are dragging on and on.

I think the IAM should help our TWU brothers and sisters. I've know Doug a long time and he could careless about members below the wing. He gave us money,so he saved face! I think the negotiations are a joke! My union negotiator comes back and tells us nothing (IAM) I was all for dumping the IAM. The Pittsburgh guys screwed us. Just like Tulsa screws Dallas, JFK, Chicago and Miami. If they were truly serious in getting us a contract we would have one. Gave away our biggest bargaining chip. Working on each other's metal! I've been in unions for 35 years and they are just big business!

Reactions: 1AA
I think the IAM should help our TWU brothers and sisters. I've know Doug a long time and he could careless about members below the wing. He gave us money,so he saved face! I think the negotiations are a joke! My union negotiator comes back and tells us nothing (IAM) I was all for dumping the IAM. The Pittsburgh guys screwed us. Just like Tulsa screws Dallas, JFK, Chicago and Miami. If they were truly serious in getting us a contract we would have one. Gave away our biggest bargaining chip. Working on each other's metal! I've been in unions for 35 years and they are just big business!
YES, you did give away big language. The language to allow both sides to work each others metals. That is why you guys were offered the raises outside of a contract being up for renewal. But, the co. wanted it and therefore the co. offered the raises to get it. I said it years back when it was offered and of course the membership jump on it. The co. knew they would get it after you guys were suffering from the BK contracts for years.

I firmly believe that we will get a contract when AA wants us to have one! Like the old saying we have high school graduates going up against college graduates. The first thing is to bring all TWU members up to current IAM contract. Until we realize that the TWU brothers and sisters are wanting a fair contract, then the IAM will be in a better position with TWU to get a industry leading contract! IMO

I firmly believe that we will get a contract when AA wants us to have one! Like the old saying we have high school graduates going up against college graduates. The first thing is to bring all TWU members up to current IAM contract. Until we realize that the TWU brothers and sisters are wanting a fair contract, then the IAM will be in a better position with TWU to get a industry leading contract! IMO
I agree but that means both sides have unity. The unions always kept us divided so they can get what they want like a good company union does best.

Latest posts

Back