aircraft maint.?

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
How many guys work aircraft maint. and what is the extent of how much work you do i.e 'B' checks only or 'C' checks

Paul1, I can only speak for the CO side(not sure if UA does ANY airframe heavys).....
But I do know CO has several lines in Houston, but I think most component mx is outsourced. I keep in touch with a few guys down there...

Hey Paul,

CAL has around 3,600 people including gse, building maint. and the tool room people. I would say 2,800 A&P's. We do 2 or 3 lines of c-checks in IAH, 2 in HOU and 2 in MCO( these are guesstimates, but close ). There are no backshops, I don't think CAL knows what a backshop is.

UAL has around 4,800 people. As far as the scope of their work, I think they are limited to c-checks also as their heaviest checks. How many, I don't know. They still have a few backshops left, like the engine shop etc.

Hey Paul,

CAL has around 3,600 people including gse, building maint. and the tool room people. I would say 2,800 A&P's. We do 2 or 3 lines of c-checks in IAH, 2 in HOU and 2 in MCO( these are guesstimates, but close ). There are no backshops, I don't think CAL knows what a backshop is.

UAL has around 4,800 people. As far as the scope of their work, I think they are limited to
c-checks also as their heaviest checks. How many, I don't know. They still have a few backshops left, like the engine shop etc.

That's about what I'm thinking...

Back