ALPA/USAPA topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe whatever you wish, oldie. I was merely pointing out the questions that I would ask if tasked with implementing those conditions/restrictions as written

Just curious: You were an "ALPA insider" for a goodly long time. What "questions" did YOU ask while the pensions were being thrown away? I can't recall ever hearing about any..?? Of course: line pilots were never fretted over as being people that should ever be kept in the loop.

He's unable to think in terms of "concepts,"
Funny - I can't find the word "concepts" in here, but I can find "Conditions and Restrictions"......

"for inclusion in Section 22 of the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement with US Airways the following Conditions and Restrictions, to be applied to the integration of a single seniority list for the former America West and US Airways pilots"

But I get it - questioning anything USAPA says is not allowed......blind obedience is required. Nice way to start a "it's all about the pilot's" union.

Jim

Funny - I can't find the word "concepts" in here, but I can find "Conditions and Restrictions"......

Hmmm..(looks into the bag labeled "Real World") : Funny - I can't find the words "Pension/Decent work rules/Seniority/acceptable wages/etc in here...but look!...I do find "ALPA" strewn about almost everywhere! Must be some bizarre coincidence. :shock:

"for inclusion in Section 22 of the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement with US Airways the following Conditions and Restrictions, to be applied to the integration of a single seniority list for the former America West and US Airways pilots"

But I get it - questioning anything USAPA says is not allowed......blind obedience is required. Nice way to start a "it's all about the pilot's" union.

Jim

It is all about the pilots.

It's just that you're not one whom it is about.

Sharktooth -

Those definitions were certainly well cut-and-pasted. I couldn't have done any better myself.

But what about the definition of airline seniority? To be more specific and more pertinent, what is the definition of pilot seniority when two airlines merge?

So, until someone comes up with a better definition, and a legal way to override what we have, it looks like NIC-NIC time for all.

"I couldn't have done any better myself." There's a huge surprise.

"what is the definition of pilot seniority when two airlines merge?" Golly!..I just dunno' !! Since there clearly cannot be any consistent one in, at least, your mind: What's the "definition of pilot seniority" on say..Tuesday morning with the moon in capricorn? How about the following tuesday?..at say..umm..3:36pm? What if the "magic snapshot" is taken at 3:37pm? What's the "definition of pilot seniority" if I change my brand of toothpaste?...Is it truly ALL merely "Relative"? :blink:

At my age, easy come easy go..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Besides, admiration/respect seems to depend a lot on agreeing or disagreeing with a viewpoint (not accusing specific individuals, mind you :lol: :shock: )

Jim

"I couldn't have done any better myself." There's a huge surprise.

"what is the definition of pilot seniority when two airlines merge?" Golly!..I just dunno' !! Since there clearly cannot be any consistent one in, at least, your mind: What's the "definition of pilot seniority" on say..Tuesday morning with the moon in capricorn? How about the following tuesday?..at say..umm..3:36pm? What if the "magic snapshot" is taken at 3:37pm? What's the "definition of pilot seniority" if I change my brand of toothpaste?...Is it truly ALL merely "Relative"? :blink:

So, with out saying so exactly, you agree that determining pilot seniority between two companies is a chaotic, difficult process. The usapian simple, narrow minded proposal for seniority obviously can not fit the situation.

Thank you for seeing this my way.

NLC

What would the possible point be? You, yourself make that exact case=UAL's terrrified of DOH, through your collective postings FAR better than ANY single example would ever serve to do.
Thanks for your erudite and very well played humorous comments to the self-styled and frightened rep from UAL. It is sad he/she reads not for understanding but to mine rocks to toss at his/her "opponents". To the inexperienced, fear comes easily.

At my age, easy come easy go..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Besides, admiration/respect seems to depend a lot on agreeing or disagreeing with a viewpoint (not accusing specific individuals, mind you :lol: :shock: )

Jim

On that point sir..we see things alike. :up:

So, with out saying so exactly, you agree that determining pilot seniority between two companies is a chaotic, difficult process. The usapian simple, narrow minded proposal for seniority obviously can not fit the situation.

Thank you for seeing this my way.

NLC

DOH affords no ambiguity, spin, or offers sorry BS twists such as yours, or any other kind. Nice try though, and points for attempted "cute" ;)

I did not read his reply as agreeing with you at all.

Determining "seniority" has quite a bit of precedent and numerous definitive sources, all depending on length of service or date of hire.

The west's only rational argument is to frame the situation that US was going to fail, somehow before HP, contrary to your own CEO's pronouncements. Your own CEO said US would go to bk 11 (meaning they would have to get DIP financing through another vehicle) yet he said HP would liquidate.

QUOTE (EastUS @ Mar 14 2008, 09:10 PM)
Cut 'em some slack: These are almost exclusively people that have never actually worn any Uniform. Be gentle to them."

You mean Mesa doesn't count? :lol:

Hmmm...Well...Naah...Not even if they're recipients of mesa's highest = Le Croix de Ornstein with Kneepads.

PS: I suppose what's gotten my ire up is the fact that serious, and tragic sacrifices are continually happening on our collective behalf in yet another dammm desert. During these times: "Little kiddies" offering up "threatening" movies, whining about their precious Nic while shouting about; "All out Warfare!", talking about "balls" and in any way fantasizing themselves to be any "Army" plainly just disgusts me. If you folks out there want to part of an Army, and actually do something for a higher purpose than yourselves for a change...I'll guarantee that recruiting offices can easilly be found in PHX/LAS/etc. "Army of Leonidas" my arse....about as adolescent as it can get....pathetic. This is merely a labor squabble...and...you people sure as heII ain't no heroic Spartans, nor does any of this involve "War", which you would only know from Hollywood in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back